January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone thinking we would make a signing is living in a dream world. Our squad is already too big and we are playing in an empty stadium. Nobody has the money to buy any of our players therefore we don’t have any money to buy new ones.

How about around Europe and elsewhere?​

Spain, France, Italy and Germany also have their deadline on 1 February.

In La Liga and Ligue 1, the window closes at 23:00 GMT, in Serie A the deadline is 19:00 and in the Bundesliga it is 17:00.

Even if we didn't sign someone it would have been nice to start shedding some of the dead weight. It will be tough to move them all out in one window so getting rid of some or all of:

Sanchez, Moura, Lamela, Sissoko, Winks

Would have not hurt the team in any way and started us on the much needed squad overhaul. Plus a loan, preferably sale, of Dele would have been nice as well.

Even you if took all those players above out of the team with no replacements we are not any worse off than we are now.

The players out is almost as important as the players in because we have such a bloated squad with players that do not contribute we need to get rid of them so their is no more excuses to not bring in the much needed new players.

Even if we didn't sign someone it would have been nice to start shedding some of the dead weight. It will be tough to move them all out in one window so getting rid of some or all of:

Sanchez, Moura, Lamela, Sissoko, Winks

Would have not hurt the team in any way and started us on the much needed squad overhaul. Plus a loan, preferably sale, of Dele would have been nice as well.

Even you if took all those players above out of the team with no replacements we are not any worse off than we are now.

The players out is almost as important as the players in because we have such a bloated squad with players that do not contribute we need to get rid of them so their is no more excuses to not bring in the much needed new players.

Of course we would be worse off if we sold all of those without replacements.

Just look at the number of minutes Sissoko, Winks and Lucas have got this season. Who would be playing instead of them? Harvey White? Alfie Devine?

We need to upgrade not leave ourselves being unable to rotate, expecting Ndombele to play every game when he's only just been able to complete 90 mins.

Of those five I'd say Sanchez and Lamela are the must sells in terms of contribution to the team. The other three play their part and are fine as squad players.

In all likelihood Lucas and Winks would be the two that could command a semi-decent fee so if the right offer comes they will be sold too, but I wouldn't be against them staying.

Regardless of that, the current state of the market dictates that we will not be getting good offers for any of them. Especially not in January.

Maybe things have picked up in the summer and we can move a few on but I wouldn't hold your breath.

At least we've got Skipp though right? He'll be "like a new signing".

Of course we would be worse off if we sold all of those without replacements.

Just look at the number of minutes Sissoko, Winks and Lucas have got this season. Who would be playing instead of them? Harvey White? Alfie Devine?

We need to upgrade not leave ourselves being unable to rotate, expecting Ndombele to play every game when he's only just been able to complete 90 mins.

Of those five I'd say Sanchez and Lamela are the must sells in terms of contribution to the team. The other three play their part and are fine as squad players.

In all likelihood Lucas and Winks would be the two that could command a semi-decent fee so if the right offer comes they will be sold too, but I wouldn't be against them staying.

Regardless of that, the current state of the market dictates that we will not be getting good offers for any of them. Especially not in January.

Maybe things have picked up in the summer and we can move a few on but I wouldn't hold your breath.

At least we've got Skipp though right? He'll be "like a new signing".

We are playing them now and likely to be in a spot to backdoor our way into a Europa League spot thanks to someone in CL winning one of the Cups.

I am fine giving more minutes to young guys like White and Cirkin. Can't be much worse than Sissoko, Moura and Winks. Lamela is injured most of the time anyways so losing him isn't really all that much.

Obviously it would be great to upgrade but we need to move guys out before we can, as we have been told time and time again.

The fact is they offer nothing positive and for too long we have held on to them offering nothing and holding us back. Time to start moving the trash out and bringing in some players to help us move forward.

Didn't we have a sell on clause for Yedlin?

Ca-ching.
10/10 window again

Back
Top Bottom