January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could be a possibility - probably down to Madrid's financial terms (and Bale with his £600k pw salary), and how much Madrid prefer to move Bale on.

Jovic would be a good rotational striker.. love Bale, but don't think we can bet on his hamstrings for the few years we have Conte at the club.

Ball players at CB would make a massive difference to be honest. So many of our chances are created by Lucas carrying the ball through those midfield areas and dragging opposition away from covering our wing back runs.. and we've seen bits of that with Davies doing so from the lcb position, and Sanchez/Japhet have made less effective attempts at it. I think ball-carrying defenders will be high on the shopping list for us this year.

Expensive option Koundé. Cheaper option Todibo.

Jovic would be a good rotational striker.. love Bale, but don't think we can bet on his hamstrings for the few years we have Conte at the club.

Bale's attraction is at least partly he's HG so easy to slide into the squad - but he did ok last season in scoring goals once he was fit. This season he could cover all of Kane, Son or Moura as the current only alternative is Bergwijn.

I'd take him back for either 6 months or 18 months - maybe an option in Spurs favour to extend, he's certainly not a long term option, but could be financially viable for a short term contract given the number of other positions to upgrade on.

Jovic did well at Eintrach before moving to Madrid but almost nothing at Madrid nor when back on loan at Eintrach, - goal scoring record inferior to Bale.

Bale's attraction is at least partly he's HG so easy to slide into the squad - but he did ok last season in scoring goals once he was fit. This season he could cover all of Kane, Son or Moura as the current only alternative is Bergwijn.

I'd take him back for either 6 months or 18 months - maybe an option in Spurs favour to extend, he's certainly not a long term option, but could be financially viable for a short term contract given the number of other positions to upgrade on.

Jovic did well at Eintrach before moving to Madrid but almost nothing at Madrid nor when back on loan at Eintrach, - goal scoring record inferior to Bale.

Bale is finished, forget about him. He could never survive Conte’s physical demands, he’s missed almost the entire season for Real and would never be able to handle another season in the PL.

Bale is finished, forget about him. He could never survive Conte’s physical demands, he’s missed almost the entire season for Real and would never be able to handle another season in the PL.

Last season he arrived unfit having not played much for a year or more - and took longer to get up to speed than I expected - but still ended up with 16 goals in all competition s last season (including 11 PL goals). which shows he's not necessarily finished ......... if he wants to play.

Other than Kane Son and possibly Moura not sure who else will have double figures in goals scored this season.

Is he good going forward or just another Wan Bissaka?
I've posted in the Palace match thread my thoughts on Mitchell.

I've been watching him for a couple of years.

Similar to wan bissaka.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't expect Conte to hang around too long. History says that he doesn't which means the wingbacks system isn't something we will be playing for too long.

I can see us going to a back 4 in a couple of years time so I think he'd be perfect to get and we can use him as a natural LB. That's sort that position out for a few years.

If we had scouts with any idea we could have poached him for free in the summer. He was a free agent.

If Sess wasn't broken, a left side of Mitchell and Sess could be ours for the next 8-10 years easy. Both HG too.

Fuck Bale, but Jovic is not a dislikable idea to have around. Three years ago he was "Vlahovic".
Agreed why would we ever want bring bale back 500 grand a week for minimal effort. spot on jovic was best in the world a few years back hence signre for real. Vlahovic looks way too slow and not mobile for the prem.

from The few games I have seen McKinnie would be a good signing.

I know some of you will lambast me for suggesting this but I would be willing to swap Romero for de Ligt. Yes, Romero's been injured so the jury is still out on him and I have NOT written him off at all. I am quite that under Conte he'll do well - once he's fit.
It's just that I think de Ligt is a better fit for the EPL and Spurs.

I've posted in the Palace match thread my thoughts on Mitchell.

I've been watching him for a couple of years.

Similar to wan bissaka.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't expect Conte to hang around too long. History says that he doesn't which means the wingbacks system isn't something we will be playing for too long.

I can see us going to a back 4 in a couple of years time so I think he'd be perfect to get and we can use him as a natural LB. That's sort that position out for a few years.

If we had scouts with any idea we could have poached him for free in the summer. He was a free agent.

If Sess wasn't broken, a left side of Mitchell and Sess could be ours for the next 8-10 years easy. Both HG too.
So Paratici and Levy will be telling Conte; "SIgnor, we don't expect you to hang around for more than 2 seasons and then you'll be gone....so we've decided to buy players that will fit the next manager, which will be a 4-3-3 system. Here are the players...."

Last edited:
My transfer wish list is simple, I want who ever Conte wants. It’s been a long time since I’ve had so much faith in a Manager, he totally knows what he wants and has a plan that will work as long as everyone is onboard.
This season we have the chance of a cup and top 4 finish but with two transfer windows under his belt and time to build his own team, next season could be unbelievable.

Still can’t believe we have him as our manager.

Back
Top Bottom