January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We aren’t signing De Ligt ffs. Juve want an extraordinary fee for him and he’s a Raiola client, so that means eye watering wages for a CB.

Also means at the first sniff of a bigger club, he’d be running down his contract and forcing a way out. Raiola is a prick.

Best off well away from his clients.

Re: Mitchel

Kid didn't cross the half-way line.

With all the noise over the years about how good our FBs are (or aren't) in attack.... I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Transfermarkt normally under-price players

I am not claiming that any news outlet is credible of course but several of them had a stories about Spurs wanting de Ligt....

If "The Sun" is the most credible source, then it is almost guaranteed to be bullcrap.

Furthermore - I am ashamed to admit I clicked on those links. And in none of them it said that de Ligt would want Spurs as you claimed.

If he was to move form Juve being talented and wanted player, I am quite sure he'd pick a club with more or less guaranteed CL places. Which makes much sense - I never doubted that Spurs would be interested in de Ligt, I rather was surprised when you claimed de Ligt wanted to come to Spurs.

I think we are all guilty of clicking on links about players mostly trying desperately to believe that a great player is coming before it was the red tops sure we were linked with Maradona at one time ( I know he wore the shirt in a friendly ) I was a lot younger at the time and was thrilled we might sign him innocent days I suppose .

I've posted in the Palace match thread my thoughts on Mitchell.

I've been watching him for a couple of years.

Similar to wan bissaka.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't expect Conte to hang around too long. History says that he doesn't which means the wingbacks system isn't something we will be playing for too long.

I can see us going to a back 4 in a couple of years time so I think he'd be perfect to get and we can use him as a natural LB. That's sort that position out for a few years.

If we had scouts with any idea we could have poached him for free in the summer. He was a free agent.

If Sess wasn't broken, a left side of Mitchell and Sess could be ours for the next 8-10 years easy. Both HG too.
So we sell them after Conte leaves. They'll probably be at their peak value. And we buy players that suit the next manager's system.

So we sell them after Conte leaves. They'll probably be at their peak value. And we buy players that suit the next manager's system.
Or, like Inter before us, we recruit a new manager which utilises a similar system.

Inzaghi has Inter playing more or less the same formation that Conte did, just with a more attacking system.

Potter after Conte so we can keep an aggressive 3 at the back system?
Or Inzaghi, or De Zerbi, Lopetegui, Amorim etc. There are a lot of good coaches out there that utilise a 3-at the back system.

As long as Paratici is in charge he is going to have long term influence on the squad. That's why he is here. So that we won't get as rocked by manager changes as a team without a sporting director would.

When Antonio was appointed Romano said that Paratici (and Conte) had the green light to shape the team as he saw fit. "A Italian club in London" or something like that.

If "The Sun" is the most credible source, then it is almost guaranteed to be bullcrap.

Furthermore - I am ashamed to admit I clicked on those links. And in none of them it said that de Ligt would want Spurs as you claimed.

If he was to move form Juve being talented and wanted player, I am quite sure he'd pick a club with more or less guaranteed CL places. Which makes much sense - I never doubted that Spurs would be interested in de Ligt, I rather was surprised when you claimed de Ligt wanted to come to Spurs.
First of all, don't twist my words for you to look "good". I NEVER said that he's that he wants to join Spurs. No player in top league will ever say that unless and until they are sure of a move.
I said that was talk of him wanting to join. Talk as in rumor. For most people that is clear I presume
Give me one - just one - "credible" news outlet. I was stating it was a rumor and brought it up the Romero for de Ligt swap as a suggestion I was all for.
I am sure you've done more shameful things than clicking on those links.

Waitwait... so you say that you would expect Juve would do such swap?
Let's just look at some points between Romero and de Ligt -
- de Ligt 1,5 years younger
- has double the market value
- starting CB in Juve (while Romero was deemed surplus to requirements less than 1,5 years ago)
- de Light worst injury in his career has kept him out of 9 games; Romero's current injury has seen him miss 11 and still counting
- head-to-head last season de Ligt was starter in the same league ; Juve and Atalanta ended season on same points tally but Atalanta still leaked 9 more goals than Juve

I mean, yea. I would swap Romero for de Ligt.
Like I would swap Sanchez for Marquinhos or Winks for Casemiro or Dele for Jota...
That's even more dumb than the original post. Was waiting for somente to reply that and I see this kind of bullshit, have to disagree with both.

First of all, don't twist my words for you to look "good". I NEVER said that he's that he wants to join Spurs. No player in top league will ever say that unless and until they are sure of a move.
I said that was talk of him wanting to join. Talk as in rumor. For most people that is clear I presume
Wait... what did you say here.
And there have been talks of de Ligt wanting to leave Juve and joining Spurs.
I feel that you said what you now say you did not say.

It is all so very clear :D .

Even in those extremely questionable quality links it was never mentioned that de Ligt would have any interest. All of it was about us being interested in him. Which makes sense. But nothing about him being interested in that move.

But whatever really. I don't feel that this discussion has much point, if somewhere someone says something and then comes back to say "I never said X or Y". Let it just be.
Romero-> de Ligt swap will never happen either, so let the discussion die out here.

Re: Mitchel

Kid didn't cross the half-way line.

With all the noise over the years about how good our FBs are (or aren't) in attack.... I can't see what all the fuss is about.

I honestly don’t know if he’s any good going forward, hadn’t really paid much attention to him until yesterday, but it’s fair to point out that he does have Zaha in front of him, so that may be one reason why he doesn’t get forward as much. Or he may be gash when he gets forward?

So Paratici and Levy will be telling Conte; "SIgnor, we don't expect you to hang around for more than 2 seasons and then you'll be gone....so we've decided to buy players that will fit the next manager, which will be a 4-3-3 system. Here are the players...."
We use Davis as an under lapping wide defender in a three. At 5.8 there's no reason at all Mitchell could not do this. Regards another poster and his attacking with that complete ninny Zaha ahead of him think he's pretty much forbidden.

Transfermarkt normally under-price players

I am not claiming that any news outlet is credible of course but several of them had a stories about Spurs wanting de Ligt....

Please note the use of the word bargain.....#levybait

Back
Top Bottom