January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Logic says your right,but...

While Conte is herem the pressure is off Levy. Look at the manager he gave us.

If Conte see out his contract and Poch returns, look at Levy, he brought back our much loved manager to replace that argumentative one.

If Conte leaves between now and then, Levy looks bad and we're in the shit as a club.

Just taking a look at the teams we’re competing with and who they’ve signed:

Woolwich: nobody
West Ham: nobody
Man Utd: nobody

Expanding this to the rest of the teams above us:

Manchester City: nobody
Liverpool: nobody
Chelsea: nobody

Now either all these clubs are run by cunts with no ambition, or none of these clubs require any improvement to push on to their targets, right?
i would have left the bottom 3 out of your argument . They are in the top 3 because their need is not as great as ours in terms of player quality

i wouldn’t compare us to West Ham either as they were until recently a basket case club

Until recently UTD had a PE teacher as coach

Woolwich I guess is a valid comparison

Pathetic backtracking - including lies. And it’s not about “which is more important; points or final position”, wtf:contelol:

You said “we came pretty close to 4th in the end” as a counter argument to someone who argued that we need a CM and did so for the last couple of seasons.

We finished 7th. That’s 3 spots from both 4th and 10th.

We were 5 points from 4th and 3 points from 10th.

Alas, it would be more accurate and factual for you to say “we were close to finishing 10th”.

Jesus Christ, what am I even reading...

Who are we competing against then?
As per my post which you’ve quoted previously so I assume you’ve read, West Ham, Woolwich and Manchester United.

The three above them, nothing will make us catch then this season. Will take at least a couple of years of good, stable management and improving the quality of the squad to get back to that point sadly.
Who was the last team in the January transfer window to sign 3 players who were any use to them at all?
Oh I’m not saying it’sa realistic expectation. But if we’re could get in a CM and a forward of some description I’d be happy. Those two and an rwb, very happy.
Personally a impact sub/squad player at the chavs would be far more tempting with endless trophies
We should be , but we are a mess and run incredibly badly we have no chance.
Also we have an owner who don't give a fuck about football.
Agreed that we should be when you consider where we’ve fallen from, but we’re not. All we can do is hope her with those set up and this/ the next few windows we undo the define and get back to where we were.

Last edited:
Had a similar conversation with a mate…so no money for transfers but plenty for managerial pay offs and hirings, its completely illogical, even to Levy…Levy knows the cycle of fuck ups have to stop not continue, hence Paratici and Conte and all his back room staff👍👍

I keep saying it - hiring and firing coaches is much cheaper than investing in the squad.
£22.5m for 18 months of Conte is a fuck lot less than this squad needs.
Sack him in the summer and pay up his last year, employ another coach, give them a bunch of D bucket players and rinse and repeat.

The problem is, once Conte is gone, the pool of coaches we can pick from is pathetic.

Oh I’m not saying it’sa realistic expectation. But if we’re could get in a CM and a forward of some description I’d be happy. Those two and an rwb, very happy.

The problem is, we might fill the positions, but they won't be the answer to our problems. Could be back here this time next year frothing at the mouth that we need to sign our 13th RB in 10 years and sell the 2 we already have because they were shit.

i would have left the bottom 3 out of your argument . They are in the top 3 because their need is not as great as ours in terms of player quality

i wouldn’t compare us to West Ham either as they were until recently a basket case club

I included them because part of the criticism of us not improving the squad would be failing to push on when we have a chance to do so (I.e. 4th). Those side have a cigar to push on at their level and win the title and/or CL… surely not making signings by the 11th of January is equally negligent on that basis?

And how are United doing now that they replaced the PE teacher with someone by and large considered a top coach (who many of our supporters wanted)? Or maybe their squad is also in need of serious work too and their owners are cunts for not addressing it just over a third through the month? And I’m sure no West Ham fan will see themselves currently 1 point off 4th and agree that they shouldn’t be pushing on.

Look, my point isn’t that Enic are doing a good job, they haven’t for a few years. My point isn’t that we are where we need to be as a squad… far from it.

My point is only that, on January 11th, with 20 full days left of transfer window after today, there’s no sense in getting angry.

1st of Feb the squad still looks equally stale and Arc/ whoever else cares too can scream bloody murder from the rooftops afaic. But right now I choose to have a little faith and an happy to, I hope politely, challenge those who think all is lost and the world is ending.

I keep saying it - hiring and firing coaches is much cheaper than investing in the squad.
Sack him in the summer and pay up his last year, employ another coach, give them a bunch of D bucket players and rinse and repeat.

The problem is, once Conte is gone, the pool of coaches we can pick from is pathetic.

No matter how many times you say this it doesn't become more true every time.

There has been investment in the squad over the past few seasons, we've just spent it on crap.

I mean do we need to keep repeating this before the penny actually drops?

I find your apathy and acceptance of our lack of ambition enthralling.

There no apathy in my statement. Perhaps you think we did finish 8th? Perhaps despite the facts, it didn't feel to you like top4 was still in our hands with 4 games to go.......?

I didn't go as far as saying it was a good season, but hey you jump on the bogus interpretation train with the rest of the fringe shit-gallery if you feel that's where you belong.

As for going to games? Hundreds over the years... First game in 1990. You?

Oh, and If we're asking questions of cursory interest..... Why do you saunter around the edges of a discussions only to run a mile when any substance is called for? ...And why does 90% of your posting history depict an immature child that has yet to learn to filter their emotions and is reliant upon calling everyone/thing that they dislike a cunt, wanker, pedo, elephant washer and such?

How far do you wanna dig exactly?

It's not, but we fucked off our best bet when Levy screwed Ten Hag over

No matter how many times you say this it doesn't become more true every time.

There has been investment in the squad over the past few seasons, we've just spent it on crap.

I mean do we need to keep repeating this before the penny actually drops?

Poch got nothing for 2 windows. So the money spent on TND/GLC/Sess/Clarke looked more like a net spend than it actually was.
Mourinho got a bunch of D-Bucket players and Bale who he didn't seem to want.
Nono got a load of shit. Actually, I support that one because he was never, ever, not in any parallel universe going to make it to Christmas.
We'll see with Conte. Unlike the army of grannies on here pissing their knickers, I'm crying becayse we haven't signed anyone yet. The summer will be the telling window.

Poch got nothing for 2 windows. So the money spent on TND/GLC/Sess/Clarke looked more like a net spend than it actually was.
Mourinho got a bunch of D-Bucket players and Bale who he didn't seem to want.
Nono got a load of shit. Actually, I support that one because he was never, ever, not in any parallel universe going to make it to Christmas.
We'll see with Conte. Unlike the army of grannies on here pissing their knickers, I'm crying becayse we haven't signed anyone yet. The summer will be the telling window.

Yeah so you're just agreeing with me, we've recruited poorly which contradicts your initial point 👍

The top 4 battle this season is between us, Arse, WH & Utd no?

17/18 - Summer window net spend £10.25m
Winter window net spend £25m
18/19 Summer window net spend £2m profit
Winter window net spend £11m profit
19/20 Summer window net spend £59.1m
Winter window net spend £27m
20/21 Summer £52.9m
Winter £0
21/22 Sumer £31.4m
Winter TBA

I actually think the only reason for the increased summer spends post no-transfer season is because we just don't have the players to sell anymore. Also a lot more money from the CL

Who was the last team in the January transfer window to sign 3 players who were any use to them at all?
Bit of a unique situation between the rich club with a threadbare, hole-filled squad, the new world-class manager who wasn’t here in the summer, and the surfeit of quality players on the continent coming to the end of their contracts.

January’s been going out of style for years, but this one will buck that trend a bit.

Back
Top Bottom