January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a realistic price for us is around 1b to 1.5b , for our global name , assets , so yup FSG overpriced but I guess their argument is their name is a lot more known than ours , I think they have 3 times the world fan base

But Liverpool is not really my concern , to me their value is just shy of 50p

Ditto, but it provides a perspective on the market for buying/selling clubs.... Esp. if we're gonna suggest ourselves to know how much something is worth or not.

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

no money to buy probably

its safe though best for all parties who knows if adama will set it alight here

at least if hes shit for six months we dont have to buy

my bad just seen the obligation oh well

we just poor then lol
I mean, it could be that leaving the big money until the summer frees up funds for us to use this window. I say could because we're all aware of what club this is.

Hypothetically though, if we have 50 million to spend this window, pushing Traore's 20 million fee to the summer means we have 50 million this window still, as opposed to just 30 million.

if we keep hearing the ‘sell first before bringing in replacements’ line nothing will fucking change. It’s a simple as that. Until ENIC change their mindset as to how they value and move players on we are stuck in limbo.
I don't necessarily have a problem with selling first, but it's not really a viable strategy if you're also reluctant to sell for anything less than double a player's value.

I firmly believe that our current mediocrity has as much or even more to do with a refusal or inability to move players on than it does our difficulty in bringing new players in.

It really does feel sometimes that Levy would rather continue paying a player their salary and eventually lose them on a free rather than move them on at any price short of extortion.

Well after carefully treading around the bullshit Levy spam at last some decent and encouraging transfer news.
Ginter is a must IMO. Contract expires in a few months time. Kessie same contract expiry date.
Along with Adama done (if we believe the journos)... fings is looking great!

MEDIA=twitter]1481974434009423877[/MEDIA]
one done by the looks of it

please get the other two aswell
Can someone with accountancy background explain why loan with obligation is more palatable than just buying them now?

If it’s cash flow, why can’t you make the first instalment in line with the loan deal?

Is there a tax loophole I’m missing?

Ditto, but it provides a perspective on the market for buying/selling clubs.... Esp. if we're gonna suggest ourselves to know how much something is worth or not.
But don’t you think some of the prices flung around are ridiculous, especially when it’s widely reported that “ if you want to make money , don’t buy a football club? Possibly part of the whole football bubble fantasy world

Something will happen we are just waiting to bring money in first. It seems obvious that is what's happening. I've more issue of who we are bringing in. I desperately want the squad improved but I'm not convinced swapping Bergwijn for Traore really does much at all.
Kessie would be an immediate improvement in my view and as much as I don't like Traore much I think he would improve us also. But I'm nota sure we can get tem If we depends in selling the deadwood as Bergwijn is probably the only player wanted from our squad among the ones that are for sale.

But don’t you think some of the prices flung around are ridiculous, especially when it’s widely reported that “ if you want to make money , don’t buy a football club? Possibly part of the whole football bubble fantasy world

A great deal of them, esp. if we're just talking bricks and mortar and a bunch of over-paid charlies being under contract.

MEDIA=twitter]1481974434009423877[/MEDIA]

Can someone with accountancy background explain why loan with obligation is more palatable than just buying them now?

If it’s cash flow, why can’t you make the first instalment in line with the loan deal?

Is there a tax loophole I’m missing?

So we can see how bad he is and send him back?

Back
Top Bottom