January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were looked at by some baseball tycoon along with us & Abramovich made it know that they had a price

Imagine if he sells up and they get a fresh , enthusiastic CEO come in

😞

Well they'd have to pay the alleged 2.5m, pay back Roman's 1.5 bn (eventually) and then fork out another circa 1bn on a stadium and then they'd be laughing.....

Besides, isn't the problem with Roman that he's essentially a gangster, rather than his "enthusiasm"?

But that's not what's being 'said' by that price-tag......

That price-tag 'says' 2 things:

1. For the most part, we're not looking to sell (much like when Levy said no bids below 250m for Kane a few summers back).
2. If we are to entertain a sale then we want a price which reflects our projected profits should we stay and the debts are continue to be repaid over the next 5, 10 etc. years.

TBH, seeing as we don't know what the so-called 1bn in add-ons amounts to it's probably a bit more grounded to consider it 2.5 bn asking price albeit with some 'unknown asterisks'.

Look, it's all obscene amounts of money that tbh I can't comprehend in terms of true 'worth' anyway (esp. when it comes to commercial and corporate branding and opportunity etc.)..... But this has been the entirely apparent investment strategy from the moment the structure of the stadium build project was announced...... i.e No news-flash.

Isolated question: How much do you think FSG were holding out for seeing as 3 bn wasn't enough to turn their heads?
I’m trying to find out a break down of the monies asked but I think it’ll take a fair bit of investigation haha

I’d say the dippers are worth about £750m more than us as , squad , success , global brand plus they actually own their property

There isn't much point in checking this thread until the deadline day by the looks of things.

I don't know about that.....

Cooking tips are innevitably just around the corner..... Then there's an episode of "who's your favourite James Bond?" to follow at some point too.

yes to ginter

Sign them all

everyone GIF

I’m trying to find out a break down of the monies asked but I think it’ll take a fair bit of investigation haha

I’d say the dippers are worth about £750m more than us as , squad , success , global brand plus they actually own their property

So on that basis..... FSG said "no" at 3bn..... Would you consider THFC at north of 2.25 bn to be a 'fair' (gross-of-debt) evaluation then? ....Or do you think they FSG were overpricing too?

(Not trying to 'catch you out' or 'corner you' here'.... Just interesting stuff considering this is likely what dictates our future sooner or later.)

Back
Top Bottom