January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would Trippier give a shit on that front?

Because he could have a couple more medals to his name! I'm sure most of that squad loved playing for us and were frustrated they didn't pick up any silverware. So letting a popular, important member of the squad go and not replacing him must have pissed them off, and must have felt like the board were completely sabotaging their chances.

Going by whoscored and Transfermarkt he’s played both roles this season, more at left back but a significant amount on the right and seems to be two footed too.
He has played RB, yes, but he is a left-footer.
Both Paolo Maldini and Denis Irwin were right-footed but both were top quality left-backs; so it may be that he'll do the "reverse"...

Last edited:
I see you more as the architect......

:levyeyes:
words point GIF

Because he could have a couple more medals to his name!

You missed the point of my question....

You said he (Tripper) was pissed about the manner in which we didn't replace him (Trippier).

I'm sure most of that squad loved playing for us and were frustrated they didn't pick up any silverware. So letting a popular, important member of the squad go and not replacing him must have pissed them off, and must have felt like the board were completely sabotaging their chances.

As above.... I wasn't asking about Dembele, although I think it's celar here that you were all along.

Crossed wires mate.... Ignore.

I’m fine with amrabat. The guy already had some great seasons under his belt. But not getting a wing back and striker will br terrible. Kane gets injured and we don’t make Europe again
Like when? 5 years ago? This is our problem, oh let's get this guy, he was Serie B level good last seaaon before he had injury and its a death reserve whole season.
This lead us to nowhere. Expecting magic from Conte and to revive player careers ain't going to work.

"Correcting" one's self.....

So what; were you ignorant to the facts?

......Or just jacking up post to paint a far worse picture than necessary?

Unless you think last summer was a window of unmitigated shit then describing it as a "mixed window" hardly befits such a diatribe.

I'm the one making a "big deal" by making a post that literally said "it's no big deal"?

Go back look at who dedicated the most word count to what was a largely inconsequential tweet......

....Then consider who was the one that saw fit to mark a snarkey comment about Bots.

"Making a big deal"?

LOL..... Irony at it's finest.
No, I was typing a post and didn't proof read my work before clicking send, someone asked what I was referring to and I clarified it, it's literally all there on record, there is no conspiracy here.

Do you disagree that we sold too much of our back up goal threats then, and believe that they were adequately replaced? Because if you take a look at our goalscoring stats this season, it kind of suggests that we didn't do a very good job on that front.

The notion of you being a bot is a long running joke on here, thought you had thick enough skin to take it in the jest it was intended.

It's so annoying when we look back and Poch was still successful under these conditions. Fans actually give ENIC too much leeway, they had a back post tap in ready and instead decided not to pull the trigger. 100/120m well spent at that time leads to a title, I'm sure of it.

We won't get another opportunity as good as that for god knows how long, and they fucked it.
Meh...

Levy should have loosened the purse strings and unleashed the war chest yes, but it wouldn't have been any guarantee of success, look at what happened when he did give Poch money.

And given that Poch still wants Ndombele NOW, I'm not sure he deserves your faith in his ability to pick a player.

Its why Paul Mitchell walked.

You say this but:

a) Mitchel's presence didn't save Levy from the slightest big of shity-flinging; so the human-shield theory hardly cuts the mustard in that context.
b) Mitchel wasn't a DOF so would never have had the kind of autonomy that one would hope Parratici to have.
c) If as reported PM left cos of us not doing the Mane deal; then it hardly suggests the level of scouting wizardry that's irreplaceable.... Ditto signing Toby & Vic (also of Southampton)..... The only suggestion of anything worth noting on his watch was Sonny (credit where it's due on that one though).

Back
Top Bottom