January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the Diaz reporting, seems to be an element of the Portuguese press going ‘Spurs aren’t big enough for the best player in the country, surely he won’t go therea’ about it.

French were doing the same in the days before we got both Hugo and Ndombele, and so were the Danish about Eriksen.

I know this guy isn’t Portuguese, but it would still be their best team having to sell to a UK side who at best will get 4th and quite possibly lower.

Remember that time everyone was crying in their porridge because we didn't sign Sadio Berahino? We thought it was the end of the world? Then turned out he was complete garbage. Same thing will happen with Traore. We dodged a bullet.
That's fine because in that same window we went out and signed Sonny instead. I doubt we're going to do anything nearly as good to make up for it this time.

hopeful stage

oh well
Even if, and I'm sure we won't, but if we sign Diaz, any excitement will be tempered by the array of glaring holes in the squad, the lack of quality depth across the board, and the fact that his signing doesn't really address any of the key problem areas within the squad:

Back up for Kane - Nope
Creativity in midfield - Nope
LCB - Nope
RWB - Nope

He is just an extra bod in the area of the pitch that we are arguably strongest in.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, as we won't sign him.

and Eriksen. And Lennon. And Vertonghen. And Walker. Players we still haven't adequately replaced

Lennon????? ........Bit random innit?

Lucas, Son, Chadli..... Dele & Eriksen both didn't productive stints out wide before settling more centrally...... Berg (injury record has been shit tbf)?

The rest is back to that age old argument though innit.....

Eriksen > GLC (42m)
Jan > Sanchez (40m)
Walker > Serge / Emerson (combined approx 50m)

It's not a lack of spending that's the issue there.

We tried FC. We know exactly where this is heading boys. Anyone believing any different are incredibly gullible. I give it Sunday evening or even possibly Monday morning where the inevitable “Porto have rejected any Spurs offer” and he remains at Porto, where we are left scrambling around on deadline signing some bang average Fiorentina sub and a French winger called N’nobody. Utter ridiculous under this fraud chairman and sack of shit owners. Will never be spending a single penny of my money funding these Cunts and haven’t done since before covid. One truly sick and tired Spurs fan of the same old shit over and over again.

When i was just a little boy, my mother bought me a little toy
Cunty Levy, on a string, told me to kick his baldy head in
HIS BALDY HEAD IN, HIS BALDY HEAD IN
told me to kick his baldy head in

:tobyarm:

We tried FC. We know exactly where this is heading boys. Anyone believing any different are incredibly gullible. I give it Sunday evening or even possibly Monday morning where the inevitable “Porto have rejected any Spurs offer” and he remains at Porto, where we are left scrambling around on deadline signing some bang average Fiorentina sub and a French winger called N’nobody. Utter ridiculous under this fraud chairman and sack of shit owners. Will never be spending a single penny of my money funding these Cunts and haven’t done since before covid. One truly sick and tired Spurs fan of the same old shit over and over again.
sunday or monday thats generous

didnt porto reject us after 30 mins, when we gave them a 48 hour deadline last

A 1st choice goalie is, of course, not a priority right now that Lloris has extended his contract to 2024 when he'll be almost 37.
But knowing Spurs, they may wait until the last moment to look for a replacement and then do a panic purchase. I might be wrong, but I find it hard to see either of the present options turning into top-class keepers (Pierluigi Gollini, Alfie Whiteman, Brandon Austin, Joshua Oluwayemi, Kacper Kyrlowicz, Timothee Lo-Tuala, ), while it's too early to say whether the youngest ones (Luca Gunter, Aaron Maguire, Adam Hayton, Isak Solberg, Elliot Krasniqi) will turn into top keepers.
I would be happy to get in Samir Handanovič, who was linked to Spurs early in the window, as an understudy to Lloris next season; but then also buy 1 or 2 young goalies who can learn from both of them while being groomed for the starting spot.
One or even two of the following would do for me:
Charlie Setford
Etienne Green
Gabriel Slonina
Maarten Vandervoort

Last edited:
You say this but:

a) Mitchel's presence didn't save Levy from the slightest big of shity-flinging; so the human-shield theory hardly cuts the mustard in that context.
b) Mitchel wasn't a DOF so would never have had the kind of autonomy that one would hope Parratici to have.
c) If as reported PM left cos of us not doing the Mane deal; then it hardly suggests the level of scouting wizardry that's irreplaceable.... Ditto signing Toby & Vic (also of Southampton)..... The only suggestion of anything worth noting on his watch was Sonny (credit where it's due on that one though).
Trippier for £3.5m was an incredible signing. Alli for £5m was signed when he was here. Given what we've seen since Alli, Tripps, Son, Toby is the work of a genius but this isnt about how good Mitchell was, just that he couldnt put up with the hassle of it all.

Let's face it, this thread is just for the banter now. Embrace it.

GIF by Bradford City AFC

Back
Top Bottom