January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very interested to see what Man United do. Years ago teams turned a blind eye but it’s a different world now. Will they go as far to sack an asset worth probably 50m or so.
Will teams do that in future in this new world. Or will they do sort of virtue signalling. We condemn what our player has done & will help rehabilitate him. Basically lip service. Obviously if it’s a crap player teams will more likely just sack them. But when it’s a good player it’s very different.
I suspect city will cancel Mendys contract if he is found guilty.

United will 100% do the right thing but only if the bloke is charged and ultimately found guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty must always prevail.

Such a bizarre window. Players we or at least most loved coming at first like Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bryan Gil and Dele being shipped out. Few years ago that would have seemed a catastrophe, losing your entire creativity but now is needed to create space to enable Conte to be a success.
creativity only on paper and fifa

but if they're only loans - it's only stopping the hemorrhaging of our budget for 6 months? then we're right back here in july?
Yes but at least they will be playing and poss attract some reasonable bids.
Apparently Everton are w@nting to buy Dele because a loan is not poss due to the fact they have already got two domestic loans, El Ghazi, Van De Beek.
What sort of money would it take. Would we accept 25-30m ...I certainly would.

United will 100% do the right thing but only if the bloke is charged and ultimately found guilty.

Still a bad look if we have heard the evidence & he gets off with a good lawyer or a technicality or she gets threatened & drops the charges/doesn’t testify etc. Yet they carried on playing him? It’s a bit trickier if the evidence has been leaked.

Ramsey to Rangers, wow, how the mighty have fallen. Obviously he still has to agree to it, and he may well say yes, especially as he'll still get his 400k a week a way or another.

But if he goes to Rangers after allegedly turning down Burnley, I don't really get it.

Rangers = European football.
Rangers is also a club where he'll be guaranteed to start and play inferior competition so he'll look better and get to win. Burnley will be in the Championship in 6 months time.

Not gonna lie, I'd take Rangers, too. Being at the best Scottish PL club is better than being at the worst English PL club. Especially at 31 years old.

What if it doesn't get to court? They have Ronaldo who has already paid off a rape accuser. That seems to be conveniently forgotten.

The more i've read about this, the more i'm thinking he might well avoid any charges or prosecution. That's wrong of course but it's a fucked up world..

Such a bizarre window. Players we or at least most loved coming at first like Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bryan Gil and Dele being shipped out. Few years ago that would have seemed a catastrophe, losing your entire creativity but now is needed to create space to enable Conte to be a success.
I think the players mentioned here, except Gil, have to shoulder a fair bit of the blame for how their Spurs career went to shit (Domb, Dele) or never got going really (Lo Celso).

That being said, I think it's vital for the future of the club that there be a proper introspection, a proper enquiry into how players with obvious talent so badly flopped. It can't be all blamed on the players. Especially as they aren't the first 3.

For instance, in Domb's case, did our scouting team miss the many reports of him being lazy, nonchalant and just a downright difficult character? Or were they aware and just decided to take the risk?

As for Dele, yes, he's done a lot wrong. But the club shouldn't have let it get to that point. Of course he was always gonna get big-headed after his first couple highly successful seasons with us, and yeah, gotta cut them young lads a bit of slack sometimes...boys will be boys and all that. But somebody with authority should've put an end to it a lot earlier.

Lo Celso is a mystery. He's clearly a very talented footballer. He proved it a bit at PSG and with Argentina but mainly at Betis, where he was excellent...and rarely injured. Now he comes to Spurs and is so bad, always out injured and showing poor attitude. Not a scouting issue here. But maybe the internal practices at the club, the way players are managed, led to him becoming such a waste.

The fact we've changed managers and strategy so many times in such a short space of time can't have helped either.

That being said, in the meantime you have players like Sonny who have excelled.

Still a bad look if we have heard the evidence & he gets off with a good lawyer or a technicality or she gets threatened & drops the charges/doesn’t testify etc. Yet they carried on playing him? It’s a bit trickier if the evidence has been leaked.

I don't disagree but the process is the process.

It's mental to be in such a situation, gien all the player has and could acquire, but completely irrelevant to how people deserve to be treated.

If he has done wrong and always beware one side of any story then hopefully justice will take the necessary measures..

Too public - I think CPO can prosecute without her. With the evidence which looked horrific. a good lawyer might say 'plead guilty' to get lighter sentence.

Back
Top Bottom