Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every thing you say here to my mind us fair. But more worrying the issues you raised are clear and overtly coach able. I makes me ask for the umpteenth time what do they do all week.

Kind of reminds me of Danny Rose saying he was only ever taught the positional requirements of Left back by Pochettino.

Japhet has potential he also is a hard worker with heart. Send him on a season long loan to championship team that will play him at CB. He has potential to tap we can't waste anymore of his development time.
It may be coachable to make him a RB but in reality he doesn't have the raw assets of a FB and is that what we really are a club that just coaches specific players for ages... For me that's the cheap option. Just buy a quality RB and let Japhet plays where he plays best.

100% loan him out somewhere next season where he can play CB preferabbly English team.

Over tucked throughout the game. Basically a 3rd centre half and left acres out wide. Rate him highly. For me hes a CB to develop. I think with tangy and Rodon 2 decent prospects. Toby needs to play with one of them.

Now that Jose is gone, I sincerely hope our new manager will re-install Tanganga as a CB. He showed real promise there—our weakest position—before Jose decided he was a RB instead.

Keep him, get rid of the 2 donkeys, sign Aarons/Lamptey/Bogle and rotate with him.

Lets not keep him at RB.

He needs to move back to CB. Do not want to see him rotating at RB. Maybe he can be an emergency RB but RB should not be his position going forward. We shouldn't stunt hi growth at CB by playing him at RB because we can't get a proper RB in.

Lets not keep him at RB.

He needs to move back to CB. Do not want to see him rotating at RB. Maybe he can be an emergency RB but RB should not be his position going forward. We shouldn't stunt hi growth at CB by playing him at RB because we can't get a proper RB in.
As long as he gets minutes in the defence then I am happy. Sergio Ramos, Jamie Carragher both cut their teeth at right back before transitioning into the centre. I think he is better at CB but I am okay with him at RB. If we can’t give him at least 30 starts next season in all competitions then he needs to be loaned out though, he’s had another wasted season.

Get well soon Japhet!

It is a shame that his early career is getting maligned with injuries. He never gets a proper chance to put together a real string of games.

Any update?
Not yet.

They tend to want to wait until the swelling goes down before giving a proper update. Since they can diagnose it better.

There's the pre-match presser for the Leicester game tomorrow. So we will probably get an update during it.

Back
Top Bottom