Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah that’s a perfect analogy.

There’s many number of arguments contrary to that comparison but primary counter would be Bale lost his place in a political tug-o-war which was fairly unique
Whereas
Hart started stated letting the ball through is fingers to such an extent he was considered surplus to the requirements of Burnley stiffs
Gave that post a "like" but I also want to add a " :roflmao:" and an "agree" please .
:mourthumb:

Yeah that’s a perfect analogy.

There’s many number of arguments contrary to that comparison but primary counter would be Bale lost his place in a political tug-o-war which was fairly unique
Whereas
Hart started stated letting the ball through is fingers to such an extent he was considered surplus to the requirements of Burnley stiffs
Just trying to understand your thought process of if you can't get into a certain team that must mean you can't come to spurs rediscover some form and do well for spurs in the early stages of cup competitions.
I mean he didn't do a thing wrong yesterday and people still feel the need to slag him off today
But that's what being a spurs fan is these days I suppose everyone's shit or a donkey and ain't good enough for spurs

Just trying to understand your thought process of if you can't get into a certain team that must mean you can't come to spurs rediscover some form and do well for spurs in the early stages of cup competitions.
I mean he didn't do a thing wrong yesterday and people still feel the need to slag him off today
But that's what being a spurs fan is these days I suppose everyone's shit or a donkey and ain't good enough for spurs
Well again....Personally speaking .... my thought process isn’t that blunt so it’s none of the above

Wasn't comparing the teams I was asking if that's how he judges players by how much they are played for their clubs

He brought up Hart not being good enough to be 3rd choice for Burnely, the club and position seem to be a lot more relevant in that statement than a general comment about players not playing for their club.

It seems like a massive leap for you to jump to him not rating Bale at Real from his comment.

No one is slagging the guy off in relation to last night's performance. There was nothing he could do about the goal but apart from that he wasn't exactly called upon to exert himself. It's simply that a lot of us have reservations about why he was brought to the club. After his spells at West Ham and Burnley (especially Burnley) I cannot see why Spurs decided to initiate Project Hart. It's a massive gamble if something happens to Hugo.
We have the club currently wheeling and dealing to try and strengthen the defence and stop leaking goals by bringing in players who, on paper at least, should breach those gaps. Yet between the sticks we have a World Cup winner who produces incredible and instinctive saves and then behind him is Joe Hart, to put it bluntly, yesterday's man. The chasm between the two is massive. Surely we should have protected this position better ??

He hasn't been good for the past 4 seasons and is 33, how likely is it that he rediscovers his form?

And the reason he didn't do anything wrong yesterday is that he didn't have to do anything. They score the exact same number of goals against us yesterday if it is Hart, you, me or my dog in net last night. So yeah for him for not running out there and putting goals in his net I guess. That is likely an upgrade over his play since leaving City.

He brought up Hart not being good enough to be 3rd choice for Burnely, the club and position seem to be a lot more relevant in that statement than a general comment about players not playing for their club.

It seems like a massive leap for you to jump to him not rating Bale at Real from his comment.
Thanks for clearing that up dad

Hart was rock solid tonight.

Proving to be a good bit of business, especially seeing as he's home grown.
Yep I can't argue with that at all. I had deep reservations about his signing but have to admit he looked extremely comfortable out there tonight and can't be faulted for their first goal. I've told SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs that the humble pie is in the oven and if Joe gives another performance like that then I'll gladly turn the burner on and eat it.

Yep I can't argue with that at all. I had deep reservations about his signing but have to admit he looked extremely comfortable out there tonight and can't be faulted for their first goal. I've told SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs that the humble pie is in the oven and if Joe gives another performance like that then I'll gladly turn the burner on and eat it.
I’d love to eat some of your pie.

:ledleylick:

My humble pie is still in the fridge. In fact, I've not even started mixing the flour and eggs. If Mourinho thought he was good he would've started against Chelsea. If Hart gets picked in the prem I will be bricking the soft shit goal (or 4) he lets in for the full 90. It's like having Aurier in a back 4.

Decent performance tonight, some good saves. No fault for the two goals, but I reserve the right to be having kittens if he gets picked for a league game.

Man City, Torino, England, Wet Spam and Burnley are not all collectively mugs. I hope I'm wrong but not convinced whatsoever based on tonight.

Back
Top Bottom