Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's still young. Maybe an EPL loan this season?

Depending on what formation we play and who we bring in, I think having him and Tanganga playing together in back 4 in the Cup and ECL games would be ideal or even in a back 3 if we bring in 2 new CBs to play with Toby we could have Davies-Rodon-Tanganga playing in those same games,

I think keeping him as a back-up makes the most sense, especially if Toby is here as there should be enough games to play between Cups, ECL and Toby out due to injury for him to get time.

He's still young. Maybe an EPL loan this season?
Not when we have shitcunts like Sanchez and Dier in the squad. I would rather he learned on the job at Spurs and made mistakes as opposed to that pair of aforementioned munsters getting a single minutes game time

Rodon is a backup level player, he may improve. Same for Tanganga. Ideally, Toby would be the first backup centre-half and (depending on whether we play 3 centre backs or just 2) we will buy 2 or 3 new centre-halves. By far the weakest position in the squad. Sanchez and Dier will hopefully get sold/given away to charity.

I like Rodon, he clearly has a bright future ahead of him. However, the emotional screaming and constant moaning at the ref and his own players is not a good trait for a CB. I am sure he will learn to control that aspect as he gets older.

The roller coaster ride this thread has gone on in the last couple of weeks is hilarious.

This is true of any player thread who isn't central to the narrative really. Just absurd mood swings based entirely on whatever game has just been on TV.

Then again, some of Rose and Walker's best game came when we had Dier drop into the backline creating a back 3.
With respect, that was 4-5 years ago, when Jan, Toby, Dembele, and Dele were all at their peak playing around Dier.

It fit the team we had at the time.

There's a big difference in playing a three man defence during attacking transitions, and setting up that way from the start.

With respect, that was 4-5 years ago, when Jan, Toby, Dembele, and Dele were all at their peak playing around Dier.

It fit the team we had at the time.

There's a big difference in playing a three man defence during attacking transitions, and setting up that way from the start.

We also lined up plenty of times with a legit back 3:

Hugo
Dier / Toby / Jan
Walker / Dembele / Wanyama / Rose
Eriksen / Dele
Kane​

.......Was peak Poch.

We also lined up plenty of times with a legit back 3:

Hugo
Dier / Toby / Jan
Walker / Dembele / Wanyama / Rose
Eriksen / Dele
Kane​

.......Was peak Poch.
I'm referring to the period when Dier was playing defensive midfield anchor alongside Dembele and Dele, the season before what you've just posted.

I really never loved (read: loathed entirely) the formation you just posted, because IMO that was Jan and Toby at their best and they didn't need Dier shoe-horned in alongside them deputizing. Moreover, I think moving Dele up was when his overall game started to deteriorate as he just started chasing goals, and also meant that Son was left out just as he was starting to get comfortable at Spurs.

And honestly, I think that counting "wingbacks" as midfielders is just absolutely one of the worst things. We haven't played with traditional flat back-four fullbacks since... well, Corluka. But that doesn't make a back five into a positive or exciting brand of football.

What’s the story with Joe then? Maureen didn’t fancy him and being another committee purchase he’s disappeared altogether. If Nuno doesn’t fancy him either will he be sold onto Brighton for double bubble? Weird one.

Back
Top Bottom