Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. We were dogshit under Poch for months. The squad was knackered.

Again, sack Jose, fine. But our squad has been found out. Or, rather, those around us have gotten better.

Up top we’re definitely Top 4, but that back line is dodgy.
We finished the season in top 4. We added Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Clarke & Sess.

Our perceived weakness at the back is a consequence of how we are set up to play. Even the Dino didn't see a weakness as he nailed down Dier and Toby to lucrative long term deals to build his defence around.

Jose like many managers does not run the training sessions. This would be fine if Mourinho still had his original coaching staff but now we only have one of his original coaches. The problem with this is Jao Sacramento runs the training sessions and is not the best match for Jose's style.

The manager takes all the credit for the wins but people forget that it is the team behind the manager that works with the players on a day to day basis and does all the hard work. For example Aston Villa would be no where near as good if John Terry was not working so hard with their defence.

The fact is Jose was never the manager everyone gave him credit for because a lot of the work was done by his coaching team. When people talk bout Jose's please remember we do not have the same Jose that has won trophies. We have Jose mk II who has won nothing.

It is time for Levy to come to his senses and sack the fraud.

Indeed.
Jose without Rui Faria has kept all the bad traits, the alienating, the defensive approach, with none of the upside (the results) As you say he has won nothing without him and has win rate of 45.4%, compared to 65.3% over career and a points per game which is good enough for around the 8th to 10th mark usually, since Rui decided to leave him (despite that being with a 2nd and 4th place club, a Europa League Winner and Champions League finalist the season prior)

Tanganga are shoe in please jose to start now. Need to put west ham back in their place sunday. Imo jose needs top 4 or europa and caravan cup to stay in charge.
Top 4 or europa league else he goes. Personaly defeat Sunday and he will be under enormous pressure. No modern spurs manger has survived that level of fall of in performance.

Honestly think managers who get sacked their compensation package based on their performance. Heard jose stands to get 34 million if he goes. Ridiculous. Imo managers should a percentage such as not getting top 4 lose 20 percent, no cups then another 20 per cent. Hope jose turns it round starting with comfortable win tonight and routine win v west ham.

I definitely don't want to 'talk to you'...but I will reply and post on anything I want to thanks....and if you find me pretentious or that I have an 'air of superiority'...well, that says more about you than I ever could! Admittedly, I am sometimes sarcastic, but that only tends to happen when I encounter an idiot!

Your answers to points 1 and 2 are a great example of how to use many words to say very little! So I won't even bother rebutting. (sorry if that makes you feel 'inferior' btw!)

On number 3, fair dues, you are 100% correct, you did not say that you "hate other fans" per se. But 99% of what you do state (in a variety of posts) strongly suggests that you have a problem with anyone who expresses there support of Jose. (show me I'm wrong and I'll concede that point gladly!)

I'm not offended by the 'fawning fans' terminology btw, I have been called much worse and I see it for what it is! It's more about how people like you use such terms to dismiss someone else's opinions, rather than by offering a reasoned, articulate response...that's just childish and invites negative responses that take the discussion off track...which is what you may actually want I guess.

I can't bring myself to respond to the rest of your ramblings in detail, but some things you might want to consider;

- I am not 'simple'...see, that's another example of your 'style' right there...the name means nothing to me, but your intentions behind it are the problem. I don't expect you to grasp that though.

- Don't complain if I comment on a post of yours if I'm only doing so because you chose to comment on a post of mine first (with name calling thrown in for good measure), that just makes you a hypocrite.

- If you think that we have a 'very good squad' with just some 'defensive vulnerabilities' then I would suggest that you look again! In fact that statement alone convinces me that you know very little about football in general!

- I know, you're compelled to unrealistically praise the quality of our squad, because to do anything else would undermine your 'Jose out' narrative...unfortunately, I see right through you and I see through everyone else who does it too!

Nice try though! :)
All I will say is that I apologise for suggesting you are simple. It was frustrating to be accused of dodging a question when I felt I had answered it clearly.

I don't agree with your post but we move on.

Top 4 or europa league else he goes. Personaly defeat Sunday and he will be under enormous pressure. No modern spurs manger has survived that level of fall of in performance.
And no manager has had at his disposal the infrastructure to support their efforts since Bill Nicholson (before my time but I read that in those days our training and stadium were rated as highly as ours are today).

Who are you to denounce other posters as something other than Spurs fans?

WE say We because WE are all in the same tribe...and if you are not part of US then why are you even here? Sure, WE sometimes disagree but WE are all still Spurs fans. (well, most of us are!)

I detest self-appointed 'forum police' like you, trying to determine who has a right to use certain words or expressions....your opinions would have been acceptable in East Germany during the 1940s, but we've moved on since then mate!

Wind your neck in and accept that you live in a world where others are allowed to have differing opinions! It's kind of the whole reason that discussion forums were invented.

How you can even use the words "stop talking about Tottenham" on a Spurs discussion forum beggars belief...now go wash your mouth out and stop using mummy's laptop without her permission!

Jeez, some people!
Dude...there are some here who's dates match closely to Jose's arrival and have done naught but bully and harass anyone who dares to criticise him. I, myself, have suffered this cowardly bullying and I'm willing to bet that those posters will leave suddenly or over a period of a few weeks when Jose gets the sack.
I agree with you that it is a spurs discussion forum and no discussion should be off limits, however, certain Jose alliances posters have seen fit to try and bully those who disagree with them, into silence, which is not cool.

With poch he developed players. Winks has rapidly declined under jose but imo there is a player there. Our possession play has finished. Also think under jose we go 1 nil down its virtually game over. Couldnt see us under jose coming back from 2 nil down and beating ajax and without kane. Risky strategy just parking the bus in modern as get picked off. I even had doubts under jose how we would play against marine. Also let in 5 v everton, few days later easy 2 nil win for fulham there.

Honestly think managers who get sacked their compensation package based on their performance. Heard jose stands to get 34 million if he goes. Ridiculous. Imo managers should a percentage such as not getting top 4 lose 20 percent, no cups then another 20 per cent. Hope jose turns it round starting with comfortable win tonight and routine win v west ham.
Surely there’s a caveat that ‘allows’ us to pay him less if he can’t even qualify for the Ropey league

All I will say is that I apologise for suggesting you are simple. It was frustrating to be accused of dodging a question when I felt I had answered it clearly.

I don't agree with your post but we move on.
No need for the apology Raiders, I'm not all that bothered by the term and I also have thick skin...I admire your honest character though!

Like I said, names don't bother me a all, in fact I am simple sometimes, just ask my wife! I guess I get frustrated when I see lots of decent discussions getting spoilt because of silly name calling and stuff, all that does is invite anger and frustration and it usually kills off any meaningful discussion.

Anyway, kudos to you for your reply, and in the spirit of transparency and honesty, I apologize for being condescending at times, I know it can be annoying, but I probably shouldn't have been that way with you or certain other posters on here.

Like you say, we can disagree and move on!

Yes hindsight is 20-20 and I think it's normal for fans to be bullish about their prospects at the start of a season, especially when so many new faces arrive.

I'm sure there was similar excitement ahead of the magnificent 7 season.

Ultimately I think we did improve the squad in some areas:
- PEH - our best DM
- Reguilon - our best LB
- Vinicius - the best back up striker we've had since Kane's emergence (not that the bar was too high)
- Rodon - good prospect

Doherty and Bale have been duds. Hart is just a squad filler.

So we made 2 new signings to upgrade the first XI, that's great.

I think the issue is that for a long time we have overrated our squad generally.

Including the likes of Winks, Sissoko, Sanchez, Davies, Lucas, Lamela as evidence that we have good depth is the issue for me, not that we didn't do decent business in the summer.
The thing is that squad, whether you think it was overrated or not, performed. It has finished in top 4, challenged 3 league titles, reached CL final, Legaue Cup final, League cup semi and x2 FA Cup semis. We added to that squad some decent players.

You can pick out players from every Title winning team and question their individual brilliance (Jones, Cahill, Valencia, Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverly, Drinkwater, Lescot, Negrado, Scott Sinclair, Rodwell, Dimichellis, Pantilimon, Hart, Mangala, Delph, Otamendy,......etc, etc, etc...). Doing that with ours is a piece of piss just as it is with Man City's title-winning sides.

The fact remains, we are regressing as a team, this is clear for all to see.

No need for the apology Raiders, I'm not all that bothered by the term and I also have thick skin...I admire your honest character though!

Like I said, names don't bother me a all, in fact I am simple sometimes, just ask my wife! I guess I get frustrated when I see lots of decent discussions getting spoilt because of silly name calling and stuff, all that does is invite anger and frustration and it usually kills off any meaningful discussion.

Anyway, kudos to you for your reply, and in the spirit of transparency and honesty, I apologize for being condescending at times, I know it can be annoying, but I probably shouldn't have been that way with you or certain other posters on here.

Like you say, we can disagree and move on!
Fair play :dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom