Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose or no Jose get an experienced CB and Rodon and Tanganga will be great for us, they have ability but not experience. Remember how good everyone looked when we had peak Verts 3-4 seasons ago. Even a back line of Aurier/Tanganga - new CB - Rodon - Regulion would be fine. Just finding the CB is the issue.
Phil Jones

Jose has more chance of taking us bottom of the League. I see you joined in 2012 how can you think Poch was taking us bottom. We were in the middle of a rebuild it was obviously going to be painful. The fact is we still had NDombele and GLC to be properly integrated into Poch’s team. We would have turned it round and with similar backing in the Summer I think we would be in the hunt for 2nd. The fact is I think Poch is at the moment a superior manager to Jose. I do not understand why we downgraded.
We hadn’t won away in 11 months and if you added the second half of the season to the first half of the season he was sacked, it’s relegation.

That’s how I deducted we were going downwards.
Maybe you let a cup run blind you. I think many did.

We were no better than we are now when he left......maybe suffering our worst home defeat in history was entertaining football

No, people that only supported spurs once Jose became the manager are the only ones people have problems with.

Reason being they do not have spurs best interests in mind; they just care for Jose. It’s not difficult.

I (and most posters) have no problem with spurs supporters on here that still want Jose.

People like the guy that was worshipping fellaini and calling spurs a worthless club without Jose are the problem.
OK,

I'll give you a couple of examples that I hope will illustrate my point and show you why I disagree with most of your points;

Imagine a die-hard fan goes to a game, buys some merchandise and waves his flag all day long, shouting himself hoarse...I'd call him a supporter of our club.

Now imagine that a fan of Jose/Son/Kane does exactly the same things (goes to a game etc), I would also consider them a supporter of the our club.

They might support us for different reasons, but that changes nothing really, they still bought a ticket/merch (supporting the club financially) and they still 'wore the colours'...even for just one day!

Now on a forum like this one, someone might join to comment in a match thread because they happen to be a fan of that day's rivals...and with some rare exceptions, these visitors are welcomed and usually encouraged to comment on anything related to the game/squads/tactics etc...let me remind you that these are rival fans who comments on our team, his team and how he thinks the game will go...and we're fine with it (and rightly so)!

So why is it so wrong for someone who happens to follow Jose or whoever to post on the forum and express their opinions? Who knows, their fleeting visit might turn into a longer stay and hey presto, we potentially have another life long fan on our hands!

Come on now, Jose Mourinho is our current manager...and he is pretty much world famous (or infamous), so it kind of makes sense that we'd pick up a few 'new' fans along the way.

I say a Spurs supporter can take on many forms...and all of them are welcome!

COYS

OK,

I'll give you a couple of examples that I hope will illustrate my point and show you why I disagree with most of your points;

Imagine a die-hard fan goes to a game, buys some merchandise and waves his flag all day long, shouting himself hoarse...I'd call him a supporter of our club.

Now imagine that a fan of Jose/Son/Kane does exactly the same things (goes to a game etc), I would also consider them a supporter of the our club.

They might support us for different reasons, but that changes nothing really, they still bought a ticket/merch (supporting the club financially) and they still 'wore the colours'...even for just one day!

Now on a forum like this one, someone might join to comment in a match thread because they happen to be a fan of that day's rivals...and with some rare exceptions, these visitors are welcomed and usually encouraged to comment on anything related to the game/squads/tactics etc...let me remind you that these are rival fans who comments on our team, his team and how he thinks the game will go...and we're fine with it (and rightly so)!

So why is it so wrong for someone who happens to follow Jose or whoever to post on the forum and express their opinions? Who knows, their fleeting visit might turn into a longer stay and hey presto, we potentially have another life long fan on our hands!

Come on now, Jose Mourinho is our current manager...and he is pretty much world famous (or infamous), so it kind of makes sense that we'd pick up a few 'new' fans along the way.

I say a Spurs supporter can take on many forms...and all of them are welcome!

COYS
No. Just no.
You don't go from chelsea to united to spurs. You're a neutral football fan x Jose stan.

Not sure about this.

positives.

1 proven winner.
2 can make players run through walls.
3 brilliant in game tactical skills.
4 Winds up scummy Woolwich like no other.

negatives

1 poor development of young players.
2 when things turn they really turn.
3 previously had lots of cash, now working with Levy????
4 football can be really negative if lacking in brilliant forward players.

This was my original post when we where linked. I have to say I go a few things wrong.

On the plus side he has been a bit better with the kid then I expected giving loans but also playing where possible. On the negative side his in game tactical skills seem to have completely deserted him. Also he seems to be playing negative football even with decent forward players. We have also jumped to point 2 on the negative before getting the good stuff.

I don’t mind honesty though. El Magnifico admitted he wasn’t a Spurs fan but it’s the pretence of being a Spurs fan more that winds me up.

wonmina DR Spurs DR Spurs thfc nw halothagod halothagod
I don’t think people on this forum think your are Spurs fans, you turned up when or after Jose got appointed and you spend all day defending Jose and little else.

There are others who have defended Jose like AberdeenYid AberdeenYid Cranston Cranston etc but we know that is a genuine defence and fair enough we all have different views. You can be a Spurs fan and like Jose or hate Poch or whatever.

But it’s frustrating as fuck to be arguing with someone without knowing if they truly are Spurs or Jose fans. Be honest, there is nothing wrong with being a Jose fan and it’s a legitimate argument but it’s the deception that makes the whole thing a bollox.
Why come and post on a spurs forum if you're not a spurs fan?

Why come and post on a spurs forum if you're not a spurs fan?

We do have other non-Spurs members like Leonard. Leonard. (Everton) and Bluedog (Leicester) but they are really good posters and give a different perspective.

The issue with people coming on as Jose fans pretending to be Spurs fans is that with a Spurs fan you know even if they disagree with you they have the best interests of the club at heart. If they are a Jose fan they probably don’t unless the interests of Spurs and Jose align.

And constantly saying nonsense like the squad is weak or it was Poch/Levy’s fault just buys into the excuse that Jose will use when his time is up.

Jose should be able to stand on his own merit by either playing good football or getting results like any other manager.

We do have other non-Spurs members like Leonard. Leonard. (Everton) and Bluedog (Leicester) but they are really good posters and give a different perspective.

The issue with people coming on as Jose fans pretending to be Spurs fans is that with a Spurs fan you know even if they disagree with you they have the best interests of the club at heart. If they are a Jose fan they probably don’t unless the interests of Spurs and Jose align.

And constantly saying nonsense like the squad is weak or it was Poch/Levy’s fault just buys into the excuse that Jose will use when his time is up.

Jose should be able to stand on his own merit by either playing good football or getting results like any other manager.
An the bloke who support Juve he's always a good contributor. I can't be bothered with the ones that aren't Spurs, they don't feel it so I don't care what there opinions are beyond a crush on Sonny or Jose.

An the bloke who support Juve he's always a good contributor. I can't be bothered with the ones that aren't Spurs, they don't feel it so I don't care what there opinions are beyond a crush on Sonny or Jose.

Id say the difference between someone who supports United and a fan of a player of manager is that a United fan isn’t Spurs and doesn’t pretend to be.

You know they are giving a United perspective and that is sometimes interesting but if someone supports only a player they are like a fake fan, who follows the team on a temp basis then pisses off.

I mean if you are a Jose fan you cheered all the goals against Spurs while he was at Chelsea and United only now to cheers for us until Jose is gone.

100%. If we buy Messi and 10 eric diers, people would be loving it. Making all sort of charts and formations involving even the other diers because getting Messi has clouded their judgement . There would be songs being made about that window. But then we find out Messi is just here for PR and barely feels like playing, then the window feels shite.

Thankfully we got Reguilon and PEH as well so its not as bad as the messi example. The original squad which had started to fail miserably and got the previous manager sacked still unfortunately has dier, winks, doherty, sissoko, sanchez, davies and the addition of doherty, hart etc does not help at all.
I really doubt that but I'd play along. Messi is still one of the very best players in the World, we all know this because he still plays football. Bale had barely kicked a ball. Most normal people could see he was a punt, a shot into the unknown, has he or hasn't he still got it? Turns out he hasn't, it's no biggie, we just send him back to Madrid.

A notification! It's like the Bat-Signal.

Good luck tonight, not that you should need it. I think our job is definitely trickier.

This statement right there demonstrates my point perfectly, thank you!

In my opinion, you have no right to question why someone comes on here and who they might support as they do so. I've seen rival fans come on here lots of times 9in match day threads etc) and comment on our team and nobody (reasonable) has a problem with that.

But if someone dares to declare themselves as a Jose fan (first second or whatever), then that is their right. For people like you to suggest that someone's OPINION shouldn't be aired because they are a Jose fan is plain ridiculous. And worse still...it definitely smells like 'forum policing' to me.

Not everyone who supports the manager is an infiltrator, some just post because they read something they want to reply to, so who are you to stand against that?

I suggest that YOU go wind YOUR neck in...or leave the forum if you're that bothered by other posters.
Appreciate the response - the rival fan comparison doesn't really do it for me; they'll pop in a few times a year, engage in a bit of banter and occasionally have some reasonably unbiased debate surrounding the matchday squads or the result.

The posters I was referring to specifically go out of their way to attack or bully other members on here who dare criticize their lord and saviour José, it's fanboyism at it's most cynical and they offer nothing constructive to discussions regarding Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - which is what this forum was created for first and foremost.

Of course, they're welcome to sign up and post wherever and whatever they like - that's the beauty of the internet, but to expect an ex UTD/ Chelsea fan who blindly backs a manager (and attacks anyone that doesn't) to be given a free-ride on here is asking for a lot, in my opinion.

I'll add them to my ignore list moving forwards and continue to enjoy using the forums.

I don't get it. I'd never go post in a Leicester or Everton forum. What would be the point? There are a variety of perspectives and experiences here without a fan of another club (regardless of quality) posting stuff.
Having said that I do enjoy the presence of European clubs fans here in a match thread fogueres fogueres seemed to be pretty fun and was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom