Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didnt lie, simply corrected your misrepresentation.

Both Mourinho and Moyes took over midway through the 2019/20, so same measure should and can be easily applied.

Since Moyes 'inherited' a squad that finished 16th last season, by the same measure Mourinho 'inherited' a squad that finished 6th and not the perennial top 4 you 'stretched for'.

If you want to go by the last full season when we finished 4th, then West Ham finished 10th

Mixing and matching like you did is simply stretching the truth.
If you want to judge jose performance the same way you are judging West ham by the last full season finnish then jose is even more awful. why are you lying. You made up a bullshit stat to bolster your point and now you have been caught out. I respect you more if you said fair enough I made a mistake but you just piled on your bullshit.

If you want to judge jose performance the same way you are judging West ham by the last full season finnish then jose is even more awful. why are you lying. You made up a bullshit stat to bolster your point and now you have been caught out. I respect you more if you said fair enough I made a mistake but you just piled on your bullshit.
Caught? WTF! West Ham finished 10th the season before Moyes took over - that is a fact. It was Moyes in charge when they finished just above relegation. Moyes didnt inherit it - MOYES WAS THE MANAGER!!!

You are the one comparing apples to oranges cos you desperately want to make Mourinho look bad. I am the one correcting your disingenous misrepresentation.

I dont need the respect of someone who lacks the morality to make a simple fair comparison, but still keeps acting self righteous after his act has been exposed

Caught? WTF! West Ham finished 10th the season before Moyes took over - that is a fact. It was Moyes in charge when they finished just above relegation. Moyes didnt inherit it - MOYES WAS THE MANAGER!!!

You are the one comparing apples to oranges cos you desperately want to make Mourinho look bad. I am the one correcting your disingenous misrepresentation.

I dont need the respect of someone who lacks the morality to make a simple fair comparison, but still keeps acting self righteous after his act has been exposed
And in 2019 we finnished 4th 19 points ahead. Whats your point. West ham should be no where near spurs. That they are ahead has to be largely atrubuited to jose coaching. We have fallen behind West ham that is not acceptable.

And in 2019 we finnished 4th 19 points ahead. Whats your point. West ham should be no where near spurs. That they are ahead has to be largely atrubuited to jose coaching. We have fallen behind West ham that is not acceptable.
My point is MOYES DID NOT INHERIT A TEAM THAT ESCAPED RELEGATION! YOU LIED!!!

As for where each team finishes this season, that will be seen at the end of the season.

They are above Liverpool too , i don't see their fans talking about sacking klopp ?

My point is MOYES DID NOT INHERIT A TEAM THAT ESCAPED RELEGATION! YOU LIED!!!

As for where each team finishes this season, that will be seen at the end of the season.
Yes he did when he took over midway season they had to sack the previous manager as West ham were being threatened by relegation they beat the drop by less than two wins. Now they are six points ahead of us.

Last edited:
Did we gave jose 500m, 4 years time and have a whole different set of starting eleven ?
No , if any klopp is more embarrassing & must be sacked right now for being below west ham
Kloop Liverpool have qualified for the cl every season except his first then they have become finalists of champions league won the champions league and won the league. In that period Liverpool as much as it pains me have played amazing football. So excuse me if I laugh at your point.

Also if Liverpool fans were being served up our football by kloop they'd would be complaining just as much as we are.

Last edited:
Kloop Liverpool have qualified for the cl every season except his first then they have become finalists of champions league won the champions league and won the league. In that period Liverpool as much as it pains me have played amazing football. So excuse me if I laugh at your point.

Also if Liverpool fans were being served up our football by kloop they'd would be complaining just as much as we are.
I wouldn’t bother answering to these guys. They’re not going to change their opinions so no point in writing walls of text. Just ignore them.

Yes he did when he took over midway season they had to sack the previous manager as West ham were being threatened by relegation the beat the drop by less than two wins. Now they are six points ahead of us.
Now its threatened by relegation? Seems you are changing your story.

The team did not escape relegation. They finished 10th! Moyes inherited a team that finished 10th.

If you want to use midseason as a reference, then Mourinho inherited a team that was 14th! We havent fallen that low since Mourinho took over.

You can criticize mourinho for whatever you want (that is your choice) but try to stick with the truth.

Well if mourinho had won the league and European Cup with us i too would be less worried
Jose has been here for a year. Klopp worked hard for three seasons before winning his first title with Liverpool - in his fourth year in charge. It's crazy to mention his achievements there considering our own reality, in which some fans simply refuse to give Jose one full season to show progress in results - never mind three or four.

Our lowest point in the season came against Manchester City. We had no chance against the best team in the league, especially after playing 120 minutes of football three days before the game - and clearly in the middle of a confidence crisis. In other words, Jose haters, that was the moment for the coup - and it didn´t happen. Now we've played twice against City, Liverpool and Chelsea. We'll play 13 PL matches against non top 6 sides, plus Woolwich and United (at home). From now on, we´ll be better in the Premier League and we´ll build confidence once again - while still fighting for two Cups.

Who knows... Perhaps, unlike Klopp and despite all the criticism, Jose will still be able to deliver a trophy in his first full season here, ending a dry spell of 13 years for this club. I'm sure most of you would be happy if it happens.

COYS

Last edited:

I wouldn’t bother answering to these guys. They’re not going to change their opinions so no point in writing walls of text. Just ignore them.
Ridiculous, you both rated klopp much higher than mourinho, but yet you put higher standard for , if we use a fair standard, klopp who suppose to be much better than mourinho according to you , were a failed manager, he failed for first 3 years, need to be given hundreds of millions, basically a new Liverpool team and years before he could actually win anything , this season has been a failure for him
, he isn't the half coach he is without Van dijk

if you thought jose is the shitter coach , shitter manager than klopp, then it's just fair to give him more time and money compared

pretty sure you guys also rated poch much higher than jose, yet you were more able to tolerate his failure

Last edited:
Ridiculous, you both rated klopp much higher than mourinho, but yet you put higher standard for , if we use a fair standard, klopp who suppose to be much better than mourinho according to you , were a failed manager, he failed for first 3 years, need to be given hundreds of millions, basically a new Liverpool team and years before he could actually win anything , this season has been a failure for him
, he isn't the half coach he is without Van dijk

if you thought jose is the shitter coach , shitter manager than klopp, then it's just fair to give him more time and money compared

pretty sure you guys also rated poch much higher than jose, yet you were more able to tolerate his failure

What is it with all this “We’ve got to give Mourinho 4 years” bollocks that you keep spouting? Most managers don’t survive anywhere near that long- especially if they are serving up the dross we have seen this season.

Back
Top Bottom