Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, they weren't given a chance.

But they were signed so rivals couldn't sign them and develop them better. Then sold for profit.

The Chelsea way.
Mourinho doesn't hate youth ,what he hates is inconsistency which unfortunately is the problem for most young talented players , he prefers players who gave 6 out of 10 every week rather than those who gave 9 and then 2 in the next match
You can say they weren't given chances but you can't say what they look like during training aren't you ? Even if they were given chances you won't know what is the level of performance you will get from youth talent.
To win the league you have to perform consistently , another reason why the guy had 8 titles is because he picks those who perform consistently

Last edited:
Ok
I would be happy with the Europa and top 6
Anything else would be a bonus but the bulk of the squad needs improving during the summer and Jose could be really good for us next season so give him a chance
I dont disagree on the first bit. We need CL by any means neccessary. Disagree on the 2nd bit 'could' be good next season will just ignore the evidence if we come up short. Any manager could be good next season, i'd suggest its best not to just hope things turn around after 18 months of not hitting targets.

I dont disagree on the first bit. We need CL by any means neccessary. Disagree on the 2nd bit 'could' be good next season will just ignore the evidence if we come up short. Any manager could be good next season, i'd suggest its best not to just hope things turn around after 18 months of not hitting targets.
What you disagree that the bulk of the squad need improving?

When has Jose ever been a project manager , when has he ever worked on give me time and I will coach this team to be a success but it will take 4 or 5 years?
I have absolutely no foundation for saying or believing this, none whatsoever (just getting in early before the inevitable “what makes you think that” pile on), but I think he may see us a long term prospect.

Loves living in London. Wont ever get another job here. Think his ego needs him to be the guy to deliver us success. Last chance saloon. All that SHOULD point to him sticking around.

But as I said, no real or factual foundation for that belief. Just my usual blind hope.

It's weird ...I find him really quite likeable as our manager.

Shoot me :mourbringit:
red dead redemption 2 hello GIF by Rockstar Games

Mourinho doesn't hate youth ,what he hates is inconsistency which unfortunately is the problem for most young talented players , he prefers players who gave 6 out of 10 every week rather than those who gave 9 and then 2 in the match
You can say they weren't given chances but you can't say what the look like during training aren't you ?
To win the league you have to perform consistently , another reason why the guy had 8 titles is because he picks those who perform consistently

I didn't say he hated youth.

I said he didn't give de Bruyne a chance despite starting well. Which is a fact. He started about 2 leagues games before failing to make the squad and subsequently sold by Mourinho.

You're right, we dont know what went on in training. You don't. I don't. It's speculation.

There has never been any stories about de Bruynes training or his attitude during so you're speculating. Especially as people have come out recently and said Salah was brilliant in training at Chelsea. Yet he never got a chance either.

Its probably more likely that Mourinho, like you say, preferred those with more experience of the league (Mata, Hazard) or those he personally signed (Willian)

And Chelsea preferred signing promising young players, so no one else could, before selling them for profit. Which they do very well.

Yes. I don't think its anywhere near as bad as has been made out. A quality centre back, a first team right back and hopefully a couple of others. A fairly standard window. If we do need a massive rebuild i wouldn"t be trusting that to Mourinho.
I 100 % would , if you look at the players he brought to the club when he had transfer budget , many of them became key players in his title winning squad.
For example

Yes. I don't think its anywhere near as bad as has been made out. A quality centre back, a first team right back and hopefully a couple of others. A fairly standard window. If we do need a massive rebuild i wouldn"t be trusting that to Mourinho.
Fair enough but I disagree

It would be quicker deciding who to keep

I didn't say he hated youth.

I said he didn't give de Bruyne a chance despite starting well. Which is a fact. He started about 2 leagues games before failing to make the squad and subsequently sold by Mourinho.

You're right, we dont know what went on in training. You don't. I don't. It's speculation.

There has never been any stories about de Bruynes training or his attitude during so you're speculating. Especially as people have come out recently and said Salah was brilliant in training at Chelsea. Yet he never got a chance either.

Its probably more likely that Mourinho, like you say, preferred those with more experience of the league (Mata, Hazard) or those he personally signed (Willian)

And Chelsea preferred signing promising young players, so no one else could, before selling them for profit. Which they do very well.
"Developing youth" is another bullshit to trick fans into tolerating failure

Developing youth should be the job for U-21 or U-18 coach not the job for first team coach / manager, it should never become a positive trait for any first team coach
Sadly so many football fans falls into that bs

"Developing youth" is another bullshit to trick fans into tolerating failure

Developing youth should be the job for U-21 or U-18 coach not the job for first team coach / manager
Sadly so many football fans falls into that bs

Who said anything about developing youth?

Stop going off on a tangent as some way of defending something that isn't being targeted.

Who said anything about developing youth?

Stop going off on a tangent as some way of defending something that isn't being targeted.
In modern football you often see this term for manager
"He is good at developing youth"
"He is good for long term rebuild"
"He played good football"
And if you name them , their trophy cabinet are usually quite empty

Pep has shown us that modern football is about outspending your opposition, and if you can't outspend them you have to be tactical to beat them

Can't name any better manager than mourinho to do, he has achieve big things with a team nobody even rate.

In modern football you often see this term for manager
"He is good at developing youth"
"He is good for long term rebuild"
"He played good football"
And those manager usually are the one who won fck all in their career
Pep has shown us that modern football is a chequebook , and if you can't outspend them you have to be tactical to beat them

Can't name any better manager than mourinho to do, he has achieve big things with a team nobody even rate.

Okay, Jose.

Someone should be delusional to compare "the projects" that Jose is taking on with Pep's.

Pep has never been to a team which didn't outspend all the rivals historically, he joined the best Bayern of last decade, he failed. He joined the best City of last decade, he failed. He just got more financial support in order not to fail. Anything but CL is failure for them. They spend consistently huge amounts for the past 10-12 years.

I really cannot understand why it is so hard for people to face the truth and stand up with the realistic situation.

Back
Top Bottom