Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho is going nowhere, like others have said hes too expensive plus its one game ffs! Get a grip, it was a dreadful game but thats down to fitness, half the team had corona.

My take from the game was definitely fitness, even kane who leads by example was literally walking for the last 20 mins, dele was non existent, i was surprised by the sub at half time, but it was clearly tactical and also dele needs to wake up, else his career will end up like danny welbeck and wilshire and a whole load of ex england wanabee superstars.

We need 3 more transfer, whether we get them i dont know, until jose gets them expect boring football because hes going to set out to not lose games until hes got trusting players to fit the system he wants.

You have to work out at what point of Mourinho's contract he becomes cheap enough to sack and also keep an eye on what Poch is doing.
Levy won't want to be paying 2 ex managers, he'll have a fucking stroke.
Yeah a few factors come into play, not having fans in the ground helps Levy and Mourinho as they'd be getting a fair amount of grief by now. All the time we're 6th/7th or above he'll likely be ok but if its worse than that after 8 or 9 games i wouldnt be surprised if he was binned. Could even happen if we lost to Southampton in limp fashion, not saying that would be right but i wouldnt be shocked.

Yeah a few factors come into play, not having fans in the ground helps Levy and Mourinho as they'd be getting a fair amount of grief by now. All the time we're 6th/7th or above he'll likely be ok but if its worse than that after 8 or 9 games i wouldnt be surprised if he was binned. Could even happen if we lost to Southampton in limp fashion, not saying that would be right but i wouldnt be shocked.

According to Wiki it is actually 38 games at a whopping 47% win percentage.

So yeah, think I have enough evidence to make a decision.

If Levy has half the business sense people credit him with, he'd have put some clauses in that phat contract.
Given Mourinho was out of work, he may have been inclined to take them.

**I'm not advocating sacking him yet.
5 or 6 more games of Dier, Winks and Moura starting and he can swing from the sky bar for all I care.

So the tools are the manager and the players.
You've constantly trashed Poch on here for not winning anything, a back up striker certainly isn't the only players we need.

It looks to me, manager does well ENIC provided the tools, manager does badly ENIC provided the tools the manager messed up.
Poch failed to win anything.
Do you disagree?
He did well to a certain level.

Why don’t you get it?

No the reality is that results will pick up and Levy will not give two fucks the football is boring

Its more about Jose having a short shelf life than anything.

And unless the squad is strengthened I would not hold my breath about the results picking up all that much.

If we go this season without a trophy and without top 4, Jose will be at risk. I think his contract will likely save him but the chances of him being the manager for 2022-23 are way below 50%.

If Levy has half the business sense people credit him with, he'd have put some clauses in that phat contract.
Given Mourinho was out of work, he may have been inclined to take them.

**I'm not advocating sacking him yet.
5 or 6 more games of Dier, Winks and Moura starting and he can swing from the sky bar for all I care.

My concern is that with the ridiculously high wage we gave him and the speed of having him in right after firing Poch that Levy got very excited to get Jose in and did not treat the signing as a normal signing and gave up more than he would because he thought he was bringing in peak Jose and guaranteeing trophies.

I hope you are right and if it were a normal hiring I would likely agree but the Jose saga seems to have been handled differently.

Its more about Jose having a short shelf life than anything.

And unless the squad is strengthened I would not hold my breath about the results picking up all that much.

If we go this season without a trophy and without top 4, Jose will be at risk. I think his contract will likely save him but the chances of him being the manager for 2022-23 are way below 50%.
The squad has been strengthened from last season though when the results already picked up

I think ENIC would do well at Barnet or Leyton Orient or another club of that ilk.

I don't think they've got room for a 60k £1B+ mega-stadium..... That's a lot of jellied eels per head to make up the matchday ticketing shortfalls too.

Poch failed to win anything.
Do you disagree?
He did well to a certain level.

Why don’t you get it?
But he was employed by ENIC, he's one of the tools that ENIC provides right?
He did well in the CL, got to the final part credit to ENIC, he didn't win anything part blame to ENIC.
Agree?

It has been a lot longer than 10 months. I started complaining about our play in around November 2018 but we still got results until early 2019. However since then it has been bad. John Thomas blames it all on Levy not buying in 2018 and you blame Mourinho despite the mess he took over. He did recover us up to 6th and deserves a bit more time. I really am not sure the full reasons why but agree we are playing shit.
There’s culpability everywhere.

I’m not a massive Levy hater but there’s little doubt he has made mistakes in transfer negotiations, and his determination to get a bargain very often overrides his desire to “get his man”. Too risk averse at times.

Hitchin and the rest of our scouting department are either inept or being ignored. Far too many of our 10-20m “punts” have been horrific. We don’t have the ability to identify and buy young promising talent like we did 10 years ago.

Jose isn’t getting the best out of these players. We look devoid of constructive tactics or an identifiable system. He must do better.

But he was employed by ENIC, he's one of the tools that ENIC provides right?
He did well in the CL, got to the final part credit to ENIC, he didn't win anything part blame to ENIC.
Agree?
Poch did well to get to the CL final, but he failed to win it.
Do you disagree?

Levy provided Poch with the players that he managed to get to the CL final.
Do you disagree?

Funny because after the break we took 18pts from a possible 24

Great and if we get to play the lines of WH, Palace, a disinterested Everton, Bournemouth maybe we can keep that up but unfortunately we also have to play the good teams that have given us a ton of trouble z c already seen thus season that mediocre teams line Everton might be too much as well.

Great and if we get to play the lines of WH, Palace, a disinterested Everton, Bournemouth maybe we can keep that up but unfortunately we also have to play the good teams that have given us a ton of trouble z c already seen thus season that mediocre teams line Everton might be too much as well.
So it’s better to lose to them?
No that’s right, the results were very strong after the break.
The opposition is irrelevant.
Do you think Liverpool won the title by not beating crap teams?

You said the results were weak all season.
That’s wrong. You are wrong.

So it’s better to lose to them?
No that’s right, the results were very strong after the break.
The opposition is irrelevant.
Do you think Liverpool won the title by not beating crap teams?

You said the results were weak all season.
That’s wrong. You are wrong.

We finished 6th and played terrible all season long, so for my goals, which are top 4 the results were bad. We also did not get good results after the break losing to Sheffield United and tying Bournemouth are not good results.

Thank god Everton or Palace didn't try at all or those could have been more loses. But you are right if we keep getting to play teams that don't care about the results because they had to come back from a 2 month break and have nothing to play for we might be able to squeeze out another awesome 6th place finish, lets keep our fingers crossed for luck!

Back
Top Bottom