Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is it’s easy to ask would you rather win trophies playing the jose way. This is main crux what guarantee do you or anyone else have we are actually gonna win a trophy! To me it seems some people have already got into their heads we have won a trophy but we have nothing yet. Of course we want to trophies and ideally with attacking football. But that is too simplistic. I think we could prbly all get behind an approach that was at least a little more ambitious doesn’t have to brazil 1970 but just show some fight, intensity, pace and belief we can beat teams rather that play as if we are underdogs in every bloody game. Is that too much to ask. May be model our selves on some of the top German teams and show our power. Didn’t the commentator say yday we are a big team well let’s show it by bossing the game, win some tackles and press like mad rather just sit back play as if we our conversing energy. One more thing there will be a mutiny amongst the senior players soon if this carries on. Kane ain’t winning no golden boat anytime soon with us playing like we do.

Thing is it’s easy to ask would you rather win trophies playing the jose way. This is main crux what guarantee do you or anyone else have we are actually gonna win a trophy! To me it seems some people have already got into their heads we have won a trophy but we have nothing yet. Of course we want to trophies and ideally with attacking football. But that is too simplistic. I think we could prbly all get behind an approach that was at least a little more ambitious doesn’t have to brazil 1970 but just show some fight, intensity, pace and belief we can beat teams rather that play as if we are underdogs in every bloody game. Is that too much to ask. May be model our selves on some of the top German teams and show our power. Didn’t the commentator say yday we are a big team well let’s show it by bossing the game, win some tackles and press like mad rather just sit back play as if we our conversing energy. One more thing there will be a mutiny amongst the senior players soon if this carries on. Kane ain’t winning no golden boat anytime soon with us playing like we do.

Absolutely no guarantee we will win trophies playing this way, I agree.

It was merely a hypothetical question.

League Cup looks our best bet at the moment, but the way we're playing in the last couple of games, we'd need Brentford and Man City/Utd to have off days 🙈

Our defence just isn't good enough (talent wise, not system wise) to sit back on 1 goal leads at the moment so you're probably right re taking more control of the game.

I think the main problem is his team selection, if he had Ndombele in his favoured position then we would be able to get up the pitch from deep much more often.

We have to sacrifice sissoko in games that we are expected to have possession, then play locelso in the 10 or bale/dele there while he is injured.

I agree. We need Ndombele close to our box in the position of Sissoko and an extra attacking player to help Kane.

To be fair to Mou he did drop Sissoko for this game but putting him on for Ndombele was dumb as hell. If he had to put Sissoko on it should have been for Winks who could not play properly after being booked.

Thing is he didn’t need to tweak too much of our playing. He needed to
Improve the mentality and ruthlessness. Instill never say die attitude and show some balls in games like chelski away but his not really done that and changed our style to some which is unrecognisable as a spurs team.

Absolutely no guarantee we will win trophies playing this way, I agree.

It was merely a hypothetical question.

League Cup looks our best bet at the moment, but the way we're playing in the last couple of games, we'd need Brentford and Man City/Utd to have off days 🙈

Our defence just isn't good enough (talent wise, not system wise) to sit back on 1 goal leads at the moment so you're probably right re taking more control of the game.
👍

Thing is he didn’t need to tweak too much of our playing. He needed to
Improve the mentality and ruthlessness. Instill never say die attitude and show some balls in games like chelski away but his not really done that and changed our style to some which is unrecognisable as a spurs team.

Not sure I entirely agree. No coach (or not many) is going to come to a club and play pretty much the exact same style as the last one.

However I just think Jose is being lazy or can’t be arsed.......
pochettino didn’t have a plan B either the criticism can be levelled him also! things were tickety boo for long enough until he was found out+was there not an issue with substitutes? Mauricio was very unwilling to use them when he really should have made a change then firing them on 75+ one game Llorente was put on what should the game plan have been? High balls into the box.....but nope still tried playing it in to the box on the deck. Both managers has/had their faults just depends on your selective memory of which you choose to remember.

However I just think Jose is being lazy or can’t be arsed.......
pochettino didn’t have a plan B either the criticism can be levelled him also! things were tickety boo for long enough until he was found out+was there not an issue with substitutes? Mauricio was very unwilling to use them when he really should have made a change then firing them on 75+ one game Llorente was put on what should the game plan have been? High balls into the box.....but nope still tried playing it in to the box on the deck. Both managers has/had their faults just depends on your selective memory of which you choose to remember.
Agreed. We would go mental when poch either waited too late to make sub, not use all of them or not any all! However generally I think most fans could get behind the style and trying to play to win the game rather than go out not to lose.

Back
Top Bottom