Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going all Danny Rose here,but i haven't heard of any of them...
Sacramento was assistant to Jardim at Monaco when they won the French league. Then he moved to Lille and helped rehab them which led to their stellar season last season. Very attacking minded coach.

Lalin, Cerra and Formoshino have all worked with Mou previously at various points but Joao is a breath of fresh air.

Mourinho will be keen as fuck for this job. He knows that this is his last shot at a top job - fail here and he’ll likely never manage at this level or above again.

We needed a change and Levy has shown ambition by going for him. I just hope this is followed up by giving him free reign to do what he wants with the players and a healthy budget in the upcoming transfer windows.

We just need to back him 100% from the word go. Booing or crying over Poch leaving will achieve nothing positive.

Sky Sports are annoying me as well (no change) full of cunts! But that poll on do Spurs fans think Jose is the right appointment! Oh yeah of course it’s purely 91,000 purely Spurs fans and no bitter Chavs, Woolwich or even Manc fans. Wish they would stop saying Spurs fans aren’t on board bunch of naive pricks!

Mourinho with a point to prove (and I doubt he signed without the promise of investment) could be very dangerous.

For all the rhetoric about defensive, insipid play, we’ve also seen Jose teams play ruthlessly and emphatically.

Right now we’ve been playing shit, and losing. I want to stop losing matches, and for the team to fulfil their potential. Nobody is a favourite now, they all have to fight for their places and try. Some of them are proper fucked.

Is he going to play then, is that why he's holding up a shirt? Still got to be better than Eriksen!

Is he going to look as good in a navy suit ensemble?

At least he doesn't dye his hair, the silver fox that he is.

Yes I know the above is irrelevant but just thoughts that came into my head

People need to get over themselves when complaining about “style” of football they think Jose will bring to the club, this isn’t Big Sam or Tony Pulis we’re talking about here, this is a guy who simply knows how to get a result when required.
I need to remind the football connoisseurs when Sherwood took us up to Anfield with an open attacking formation we got murdered and in return we murdered Sherwood, you think Jose would approach that game in that manor?

At least 90% of this forum screamed at one time or another for Pochettino to close up shop to see a result through only to see 3pts turn to 1pt or even worse because the tactical change simply didn’t happen, this guy is the master of knowing his players are spent and will settle for the 1-0 instead of chasing 2-0.

Another myth is he needs endless amounts of Money to forge a successful team, bollocks to that, anyone ever check the money he spent winning the CL with Porto or Inter? less than we spend allowing for inflation, he just gets a rep because he was at Chelsea and Real who insist on spending money, and with having that free check book it overloads the dressing room with inflated egos and people wonder why those clubs turn toxic eventually, Levy will and should give him the proper funds to get the right players, but we certainly won’t have a dressing room full of over paid egos.....

The guy deserves a chance, and we need to support him from the start, he loves passion, we have passionate fans, so let’s not have him criticise us like he did the Man U prawn eaters.
If we can get some fire in our bellies I can assure you he will have equally if not more fire in his, and we might, just might lift the title in colour instead of black and white.....COYS!!

State of some "fans" on here saying they would rather we lose games than have Mourinho.

Do you support the club or want to join a Poch worshipping cult?

Personally, I think it was the most logical choice. We dont need another up and coming manager with a 5 year project and you arent getting Nagelsman, Ancelotti etc mid way through a season.

Time to support the new manager and get behind the team.

Yep, Its baffling to me, Don't get me wrong Poch did a good job and he raised expectation and took us to regular top 4, and I will always have time for him, but he hit his ceiling around the turn of the year. It was all too big for him, the comments about the CL final about leaving were just baffling to me, and not the kind of comments a winner would make.
Could you see a Klopp, Fergie or Mourinho saying if they won the CL they would leave having achieved it all?
Bizarre comment.

I've also seen people claiming he will win a trophy in his new job before we do, based on what exactly?
We've just appointed a trophy magnet, he's never won one in his career. I don't want to cunt Poch off, as I said he will always be a legend as far as I'm concerned but this is a massive upgrade.

He will move into a job like Sevilla or a club of that ilk and get them into CL football, that's his level. And good luck to him.

It still hasn't sunk in. We are now a club coached by the special one.
What a timeline.
Don’t read too much into that. There was a kid in my school nicknamed ‘the special one’.

He had Down’s Syndrome, ate worms every break time and used to pull his trousers all the way down at the urinal.

Back
Top Bottom