Kane or enic/levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you prefer Kane or enic/levy?

• Total voters
Interesting !!!!!!! What a travesty of a first thread - to even think Kane / ENIC / Levy matter a shit when all fans know that it's the club that comes first ...

Just how did you come up with this drivel?
Ha club first. You are a clearly enic/levy first guy!
The guy who wouldn’t rather levys 5m bonus go towards the team. Pull the other one.

That's a different conversation isn't it? I thought this thread was about the current Kane situation?
No, it was posted long before this recent saga. May 3rd in fact. long before Kane’s stay away!
My view was we would lose Kane as he would tire of lack of success & ambition under enic/levy. I believe we either side with levy & Kane goes as obviously we don’t do success under levy. Or to keep Kane happy & side with him we would need new owners & levy out.
It has come to fruition despite the levy lovers saying otherwise.
But it’s ok, you can stick to club first thing that lots are doing without saying if enic & levy on board is putting the club first.

No, it was posted long before this recent saga. May 3rd in fact. long before Kane’s stay away!
My view was we would lose Kane as he would tire of lack of success & ambition under enic/levy. I believe we either side with levy & Kane goes as obviously we don’t do success under levy. Or to keep Kane happy & side with him we would need new owners & levy out.
But it’s ok, you can stick to club first thing that lots are doing without saying if enic & levy on board is putting the club first.

I know when the thread was posted, but it still appears to be about the situation surrounding Kane.
I've been Levy & Enic out for months, but I don't think that has any bearing on the current issues with Harry.

I know when the thread was posted, but it still appears to be about the situation surrounding Kane.
I've been Levy & Enic out for months, but I don't think that has any bearing on the current issues with Harry.
It has everything to do with it, but that doesn’t give Harry the right to stop honoring his contract.

That’s the tricky thing here. We’ve all been armchair psychoanalyzing Kane for years. Turns out he clearly feels exactly how most of us feel about ENIC’s recent stewardship of the team. And it’s natural to feel a certain solidarity there, but Kane’s personal interests and the club’s interests are not synonymous.

Kane will get his move someday, and it’s Levy’s responsibility to ensure a suitable return and the continued maintenance of a good squad. Until that day comes though, Kane would be disgracing himself and the club to give anything but his best.

Good lad! That’s fair enough if you don’t think it has any bearing. I think it’s the whole reason for him leaving… wanting medals. You don’t get them under our owners & levy. So he knows he needs to leave for them. With good owners who bring success I think he would have wanted to stay here.

It has everything to do with it, but that doesn’t give Harry the right to stop honoring his contract.

In the context of this thread I don't think it has anything to do with it.
The two options on the poll are 'enic comes first' and 'kane comes first'. Its a flawed poll because many people's answer will be 'thfc comes first' but that's not an option.
Being levy/enic in or out doesn't necessarily effect how people feel over who comes first so it adds little to this particular thread.

That’s the tricky thing here. We’ve all been armchair psychoanalyzing Kane for years. Turns out he clearly feels exactly how most of us feel about ENIC’s recent stewardship of the team. And it’s natural to feel a certain solidarity there, but Kane’s personal interests and the club’s interests are not synonymous.

Kane will get his move someday, and it’s Levy’s responsibility to ensure a suitable return and the continued maintenance of a good squad. Until that day comes though, Kane would be disgracing himself and the club to give anything but his best.
That’s how I see it too. I always felt it odd his lack of ambition & being content with top 4 finishes. To be honest, in this day & age he stayed longer than most would.
He now realises we ain’t going anywhere fast under enic/levy so it’s time to go.

In the context of this thread I don't think it has anything to do with it.
The two options on the poll are 'enic comes first' and 'kane comes first'. Its a flawed poll because many people's answer will be 'thfc comes first' but that's not an option.
Being levy/enic in or out doesn't necessarily effect how people feel over who comes first so it adds little to this particular thread.
Thats because that is so vague. 2 people who vote the club first could think the total opposite about what is putting the club first. Just like me & you think enic out is best for the club. Where as Steve, outsider, airfing think keeping enic is best for the club, therefore putting the club first in the opposite way to us.
Person 1 thinks enic are putting the club 2nd & destroying the club. & would rather 5m go on improving the team.
Person 2 thinks enic are putting the club first & are good for us. & would rather 5m go on increasing levy’s personal wealth.
Yet both vote club first.

Last edited:
Good lad! That’s fair enough if you don’t think it has any bearing. I think it’s the whole reason for him leaving… wanting medals. You don’t get them under our owners & levy. So he knows he needs to leave for them. With good owners who bring success I think he would have wanted to stay here.
How many lads you know called Mandy?

Oh stop with the "lack of ambition" BS.

We were good enough to win a PL title, a Champions League final, FA cup etc.

Kane has played with some of the best players in the world at Spurs. He's lucky to have been part of a great young contending squad for years. Kane knew he was lucky as well otherwise he would have been the first one out the door. His true colors have been revealed as a selfish cunt.

The club has, and will always be bigger than the player.

Oh stop with the "lack of ambition" BS.

We were good enough to win a PL title, a Champions League final, FA cup etc.

Kane has played with some of the best players in the world at Spurs. He's lucky to have been part of a great young contending squad for years. Kane knew he was lucky as well otherwise he would have been the first one out the door. His true colors have been revealed as a selfish cunt.

The club has, and will always be bigger than the player.
What do you think is a fair realistic target for this season?

The irony is that in common with Spurs fans Kane has come to the conclusion the team's prospects were not good under Levy's management. Now Kane tries to force his way out and we're upset with him which takes the focus off Levy. Consider that if this gentleman's agreement was struck last season that would mean even before Mourinho had left Kane's estimation of Spurs near term prospects was not positive. Kane's opinion of the team can only be worse now after the fiasco that led to hiring a coach they fished out of the bargain bin when the better coaches wouldn't touch the job. Kane's obviously misplayed the situation and, I believe, was put in an exposed position by Manchester City. They likely lead him to believe they were all in on acquiring him when he was just one option for them and only if they could get him below fair value. I don't see any of this ending well. Levy's not getting $150 million for him regardless of what Grealish's signing did to the market. Kane might well be boxed into staying. About the only thing I can think is you do a deal with Manchester United for a player and cash with the total value as close to $150 million as you can get. As for now Kane is the same guy who cheered for up to this point and being down on him does no good for him, no good for us, and just takes attention off the villain of the piece-Levy.

In the same way they is no acceptable bid for Kane there is no acceptable bid to buy the club. What do some expect ENIC to do give it away?
How much do you think is an acceptable bid for Kane? Me thinks you won’t give an amount. I know your game sonshine :sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom