Le Tottenham de Hotspurs vs FC Basel of Swiss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Defoe going down, i want to see Ade start this game. I want Ade now to start the Everton game and hopefully a game against Basel will help his confidence with a good game.

Far from just kinda covering up front, I think Clint is the best of the three out of JD, Ade, and him. and I admit Clint's not been much good lately, that's how bad it's got. Oh and Clint's much better than Harry Kane, in fact even Ade is better than Harry and that's saying something. Of course Kane might yet improve, I hope he does, but I can never see him making it at Spurs.

ENIC have probably cost us dear again by 'saving money' in the winter window.

I'd play Clint and very reluctantly Ade on Thursday. But just play Clint with Bale and Lennon v Everton on Sunday. Pack the mid with 3 from Dembele, Parker, Siggy, Holtby.

It's a shame for us and Carroll he's missing, but I wouldn't have started him v Basel or Everton.

[tweet]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For those asking, injury isn't bad! Done it away with England but hopefully fit and available for Sunday!</p>&mdash; Tom Carroll (@tom_carroll92) <a href="[/tweet]

[tweet]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For those asking, injury isn't bad! Done it away with England but hopefully fit and available for Sunday!</p>&mdash; Tom Carroll (@tom_carroll92) <a href="[/tweet]

Cheers for posting that. We may need Tom off the bench v the Toffees. No disrespect to him as I'm a fan, but I hope we don't need him from the start, as it will be 'bare bones' time then.

Yep, for me Clint is better than JD, so while it's better to have them both, Clint is the bigger mis of the two.

What I do worry about is that ADE will continue and drive me closer to an early grave :(

Scott Parker: Win Europa League and Tottenham have arrived

Inter-Milan-v-Tottenham-Andre-VillasBoas-Sco_2915075.jpg

Scott Parker: Tottenham midfielder has set his sights on Europa League glory
Tottenham can prove they are a club going places by winning this season's Europa League, according to Scott Parker.

Spurs go into Thursday night's quarter-final first leg against Basel as joint-favourites for a competition which helped make Andre Villas-Boas' name as a manager.

Villas-Boas won the Europa League with Porto and has consistently fielded strong teams during his first season at White Hart Lane, a policy which has left the Londoners within sight of a first trophy since 2008.

Parker, whose only silverware as a top-flight player was an Intertoto Cup winners' medal in 2006, said: "It would be massive for me personally and I think it would be massive for a lot of us in the changing room and for the club as well.

"As well as us as a squad, when I say that I obviously mean the fans as well. I can't remember the last time we won a trophy.

"For the fans, it would be something very special - it would be something that shows the club is moving in the right direction and would be pleasing.

"We have gone on a very good run and it is a tough competition with good teams in it.

"We wouldn't want to look too far ahead because obviously we have got two difficult games coming up, but you're at the business end now so there is a chance you can go all the way."

Spurs remain on course to qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League, and Parker said: "This is the business end of the season.

"This is where it defines you. We have worked hard to get to this stage and are in the quarter-finals and are sitting healthy in the league.

"I suppose this is the most important point now. You need to maintain and keep picking up results and finish and maintain your objectives and get there at the end of the season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-Win-Europa-League-and-Tottenham-have-arrived

Very nervous for this. Not confident at all, but then again I never am. As long as we win on the night I'm grand. They don't usually concede. So I'd say 1-0/2-0 us

Very nervous for this. Not confident at all, but then again I never am. As long as we win on the night I'm grand. They don't usually concede. So I'd say 1-0/2-0 us

I went through looking at their recent results, they're on a good bit of form at the moment, but their away form isn't great.

My predicted XI for tonight

USA
Naughton Caulker Gallas Benny
Danger-Mouss Scott P
Siggy Holtby Bale
Ade

In a 4-2-3-1 with Lennon being rested. Can see AVB not wanting to take the risk.

Back
Top Bottom