Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the euphoria of the last few days has allowed us to overlook the crucial part the thousands of "we want levy out" voices during the shocking Man Utd defeat played in forcing Daniels hand.

Within days we had fired Nuno and hired Antonio.

To all those who's voices rang around the stadium that fateful night..... We Salute You

:adesalute:

Thank God we didn't have 60,000 Stevee's, Airfixx's or Shadydans in the stadium that night, eh

:nunothumb:
Just read this & how fitting. The fans & then conte turning up the heat on levy & Enic & now I read lewis is putting 150m in to the club. This is why you have to speak up & push forward & not just settle.
We are more easy to ignore but conte has a bigger platform & Has really challenged levy & enic to invest more & push on.
Looks like it has worked. Love the guy.

I get the airfixx, shadydans & Stevees will be upset with conte demanding more rather than settling for being better than the 90s. & sad at us not doing things the right way by using some of the owners money. & attempting to spend our way to the top. I feel for them, I really do! :mourhandlaugh:

We can’t overthrow levy, lewis & enic. But we can speak up & put pressure on them just like king conte has done! Good & exciting times for most of us bar the levy property type supporters.

Will always love poch but he was too nice. Can you imagine if levy & enic gave conte a ‘no signing transfer window’ this summer! He would be gone! He Would not stand for crap like that.

Gollini gets replaced as backup.
Davies gets upgraded on then becomes back up.
As does Sessegnon
As does Doherty
As does Hojberg
We buy a Kane backup
We sell Bergwijn and replace him as a squad player

Then our first team is strengthened and our squad is looking deeper.

Edit : regarding the chat further up the page

I love how John Thomas and Scott are squirming like worms on hooks trying to claim this as a victory for themselves rather than saying "Good stuff Daniel".

These guys were absolutely dead against Levy/Enic, they post time and again against Levy, and are so committed but they can't be arsed to go to a protest.🤣🤣🤣🤣

All those who said that they'd wait to judge Levy/Enic until after the stadium was complete and after the first full season of fans have been totally vindicated.
It's killing them.

I would feel sorry for them if they weren't so pathetic.
They, literally, have nothing left except to call out the fans who were right all along.

I'm loving it.

I love how John Thomas and Scott are squirming like worms on hooks trying to claim this as a victory for themselves rather than saying "Good stuff Daniel".

These guys were absolutely dead against Levy/Enic, they post time and again against Levy, and are so committed but they can't be arsed to go to a protest.🤣🤣🤣🤣

All those who said that they'd wait to judge Levy/Enic until after the stadium was complete and after the first full season of fans have been totally vindicated.
It's killing them.

They, literally, have nothing left except to call out the fans who were right all along.

I'm loving it.
The rhetoric that Joe Lewis is pumping £150m in because of them two is fucking hilarious too.

The rhetoric that Joe Lewis is pumping £150m in because of them two is fucking hilarious too.
Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

How deluded do you have to be to try and claim this as a victory for them.

It's killing them.

I'm loving it.

Let's be real, they are both very much

dTcAHZc.jpg

It's killing them.

I'm loving it.

You've been totally vindicated because we made top 4 by 2 points and there's been some positive noises about transfers?

How about a trophy?

It's killing them.

I'm loving it.
You could probably lump me in there as a Levy / ENIC sceptic. I have never been a fan of them , not just on a lack of success but I am not a fan of how Levy seems to do his business. I have always been open about being to apathetic to protest as well.
I am hoping we are about to see a new approach hopefully not driven purely by Conte putting Levy’s toes to the fire. I will admit Levy previously has never shown any sign of caving in to a manager, so hopefully a new ENIC approach by choice not being leveraged

I still can’t shift a nagging doubt all may not be as it seems, desperately hope I am ridiculed in a couple of months for being a doubting Thomas. With Conte and backing it could be very exciting , here’s hoping you are taking the piss out of me quite soon

people have seriously poor memories if they want doherty shipped out. before he got injured he was a key player in contes system. the reason we was hammering sides is party due to him being a competent wing back.

in his actual run of games( starting with 4-0 leeds), that was pretty much forced after a bad run against shit sides due to having winks and emerson playing! we played 7 won 6 and lost 1, the 1 coming against man united and a hat trick from ronaldo!!! not only was the run of results good, the football played was actually enjoyable to watch, he gets injured against villa to a disgusting challenge from cash and we go on another poor run where we didnt get a shot on target, partly because we then had emerson playing.

You could probably lump me in there as a Levy / ENIC sceptic. I have never been a fan of them , not just on a lack of success but I am not a fan of how Levy seems to do his business. I have always been open about being to apathetic to protest as well.
I am hoping we are about to see a new approach hopefully not driven purely by Conte putting Levy’s toes to the fire. I will admit Levy previously has never shown any sign of caving in to a manager, so hopefully a new ENIC approach by choice not being leveraged

I still can’t shift a nagging doubt all may not be as it seems, desperately hope I am ridiculed in a couple of months for being a doubting Thomas. With Conte and backing it could be very exciting , here’s hoping you are taking the piss out of me quite soon
That's fair.

But what's also fair is that you praise our players, manager, style of play etc.

Others don't and deserve to be called out on that.

I seriously doubt whether this is simply about Conté putting Levy’s feet to the fire.
I’m sure that’s part of it.

I think it’s about a conflation of events where it’s a really good risk-reward bet: Conté, stadium revenue, Chelsea/United/ Woolwich weakening, good core squad, Champions League etc.

Nope,
Try reading my post again and then figure out why I'm saying "vindicated".

Yeah I can read thanks.

'All those who said that they'd wait to judge Levy/Enic until after the stadium was complete and after the first full season of fans have been totally vindicated.'

You haven't been vindicated yet. Simple as that. You may be if this actually leads to some sort of tangible success.

Yeah I can read thanks.

'All those who said that they'd wait to judge Levy/Enic until after the stadium was complete and after the first full season of fans have been totally vindicated.'

You haven't been vindicated yet. Simple as that. You may be if this actually leads to some sort of tangible success.
Ok, I'll rephrase ;

Vindicated in terms of financial backing that the team will receive.

Better ?

Back
Top Bottom