Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need success badly, so hopefully the start of better times. I’m sure even the pro ENIC fans on here have no desire for Levy to inflict another car crash video on us.. Let’s hope we do not only do some interesting deals , but we do a large percentage of them early, no last minute deals

One thing to bear in mind is that putting the stadium out for non-football-related events is nothing new. Even in the days of Northumberland Park, they were hosting baseball games and Royal Tournaments to supplement the club's revenue. The only difference is that those events weren't as lucrative as the ones we have lined up today.

Julie Welch's Official History goes into a bit more detail on this.

Someone do an Enic/Levy out poll. See if the 75-80% out still exist. Go on.
What’s your point? That the Levy lovers were right all along? I’ve been hugely critical of Levy only because I wanted this outcome five years…. Investment, delegating footballing matters etc

Well done, it’s too late but let’s look forward as outlook is now v bright

Levy is still a cunt, as is Lewis. We should be grateful or something?!

Fuck off, we're a big club with a rich history which they have shat on for most of the past two decades. Their handling of the club over the last 4-5 years has been dreadful and to suddenly act as if they're great, is frankly utterly laughable.

That said, if the backing is real then this could turn into a watershed moment for our club. I really really hope it is as we deserve success, sick of the Spursy jibes and lack of trophies and still being talked about as if we're a midtable side. We're obviously much more than that

Some on here might want to suck off Levy but count me out.

:vertna:

Last edited:
Just read this & how fitting. The fans & then conte turning up the heat on levy & Enic & now I read lewis is putting 150m in to the club. This is why you have to speak up & push forward & not just settle.
We are more easy to ignore but conte has a bigger platform & Has really challenged levy & enic to invest more & push on.
Looks like it has worked. Love the guy.

I get the airfixx, shadydans & Stevees will be upset with conte demanding more rather than settling for being better than the 90s. & sad at us not doing things the right way by using some of the owners money. & attempting to spend our way to the top. I feel for them, I really do! :mourhandlaugh:

We can’t overthrow levy, lewis & enic. But we can speak up & put pressure on them just like king conte has done! Good & exciting times for most of us bar the levy property type supporters.

Will always love poch but he was too nice. Can you imagine if levy & enic gave conte a ‘no signing transfer window’ this summer! He would be gone! He Would not stand for crap like that.

Or maybe it's just like us sensible fans said all along, once the stadium was finished and we had a full season in there we'd start to reap the rewards and really see investment in the squad and success.

Uncle Joe isn't stupid, he isn't just giving us £150 million. I assume this investment is laying the groundwork for the club to be sold in the next year or 2, im guessing Chelseas sale and value will also have had a bearing on this investment as well as the Conte factor. Invest now while we're on the up, get the team to hopefully start winning a trophy or 2, naming rights sorted and bammm sell the club for £5 billion plus.

May make more sense after the window .
I think the Levy fanatics would like to seize the moment though.

What's telling is the different ways our fans have greeted the announcement.

Those of us who have on occasion be critical, as well as the vast majority of his more moderate, sensible supporters, first reaction was one of joy and excitement for our football team, or at the very least hopeful, guarded optimism.

For a few extremists though, their first reaction was not to even think what it meant to the team, they made it their mission to log on to TFC, stalk down the more critical voices and work themselves into a frenzy of vitriol and venom.

I even had some random nobody (Roman Criminalz or something like that) stalking me and waving his cock around while inferring I must be a gooner for demanding the very investment he was now wanking over!!!

!:mourloopy:

Honestly, this place!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has disputed that but you don't become chairman of one of the biggest football clubs in the world if you constantly worry about people say/sing about you. There have been anti-Enic posters outside the ground every home game for seasons. He ain't bothered. Levy will do what he wants to do.

Last edited:
The anti Levy brigade love a poll. Time after time they do poll after poll after poll to try and "prove" that they're right.
They can't accept the results of the previous x amount of polls and desperately try again and again to get the overwhelming majority to agree with them.

There was even a poll asking if you supported Kane (when he wanted to leave) or Levy.
When people asked for a "support the club" option, they were told " No, you must be a Levy fan".

:pritchardeyes:

And these are supposed to be "moderates".

The same "moderates" who, even now, can't bring themselves to say "Well done Levy, should of happened before, but well done".

The same moderates who have to go to chiropractors now due to the amount of twisting they are having to do.

:harrylol::harrylol::harrylol:

What’s your point? That the Levy lovers were right all along? I’ve been hugely critical of Levy only because I wanted this outcome five years…. Investment, delegating footballing matters etc

Well done, it’s too late but let’s look forward as outlook is now v bright
It's never too late mate.

It is late, no one can deny that, but it's not too late.

Or maybe it's just like us sensible fans said all along, once the stadium was finished and we had a full season in there we'd start to reap the rewards and really see investment in the squad and success.

Uncle Joe isn't stupid, he isn't just giving us £150 million. I assume this investment is laying the groundwork for the club to be sold in the next year or 2, im guessing Chelseas sale and value will also have had a bearing on this investment as well as the Conte factor. Invest now while we're on the up, get the team to hopefully start winning a trophy or 2, naming rights sorted and bammm sell the club for £5 billion plus.
I agree except the naming rights being available is itself a saleable asset which increases our value to the right buyer. They buy the club and name the stadium what they want.

The anti Levy brigade love a poll. Time after time they do poll after poll after poll to try and "prove" that they're right.
They can't accept the results of the previous x amount of polls and desperately try again and again to get the overwhelming majority to agree with them.

There was even a poll asking if you supported Kane (when he wanted to leave) or Levy.
When people asked for a "support the club" option, they were told " No, you must be a Levy fan".

The same "moderates" who, even now, can't bring themselves to say "Well done Levy, should of happened before, but well done".

The same moderates who have to go to chiropractors now due to the amount of twisting they are having to do.

I am happy to say well done at the appropriate moment. Right now you are asking for well done on that free signing.
Saha and Nelson were free signings and a long way from 👏👏👏👏

I am happy to say well done at the appropriate moment. Right now you are asking for well done on that free signing.
Saha and Nelson were free signings and a long way from 👏👏👏👏
:contefacepalm2:

You do realise that bringing up Saha and Nelson is as bad as saying "I remember the 90s"

Anyhow, the point is that, however late it may be, Enic are putting a large chunk of money into the club and not as a loan either.
This can only be a good thing.

I trust Paratici and Conte to spend it well.

All of this tit for tat is pretty futile until the window is closed , we’ve had many false dawns & promises but I’m willing to wait & see what he does before praise or criticism is justified . If he did go back on his word , I’d be amazed at his stupidity as it’d risk losing Conte

All of this tit for tat is pretty futile until the window is closed , we’ve had many false dawns & promises but I’m willing to wait & see what he does before praise or criticism is justified . If he did go back on his word , I’d be amazed at his stupidity as it’d risk losing Conte
Enic putting 150m in is a good thing at any time, especially as it's not a loan.
What we do with it afterwards is a separate issue.

As you say they won't go back on it, that would be stupidity on the highest level.

We've had nothing like this before from Enic, ever.

It's all banter anyway and not to be taken seriously by either side.
One side trolls, the other side replies and around and around we go.

Back
Top Bottom