Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So let me get this right, as I really am discombobulated.

Our owners are evil, indeed 4th worst owners in the league and should be criticised constantly for being evil.

But we want them to sell up to even more evil people so we can use their evil money to win trophies and that will then make them (the new owners) not, or at least less, evil because we win things.

Is that right ?
I can simplify it,
So our shit owners have presided over a Barron shit period.
We would like them to leave, and take our chances with someone else, but not head choppers apparently.

Are our owners any better than the others?
I don't think we should be so judgemental, none of them are clean, but with ours you know what your getting..... nothing
No one has ever said they are any better.

You really are missing the point..... deliberately I believe, as I know that you're not a stupid person.

no one that has accumulate enough wealth to own a football club in the premier league is morally sound. Pointless debating it. Lewis is better than an autocratic gulf state or a Russian oligarch but they are all morally bankrupt. ENIC was willing to let the state pay its staff through the furlough system/make redundancies while simultaneously housing the majority of its assets in tax havens.
I would take the more corrupt/immoral owners in return for proper investment as much as it pains me to say it. In my view, with ENIC, from a moral standpoint, they are better than some of the rest but it’s a cesspit anyway and there isnt a great deal that separates the better from the worst.
The proper moralistic approach is fan ownership of clubs. Self sufficiency.

£3b was the last I read that ENIC would accept but it could be made up

His valuation appears to be higher and I don’t think he’s looking for a quick fire sale.

It appears to me, if that's what he's looking for, that he has zero intention of actually selling.

If someone owns a house that's worth £400k and they put it on the market for £600k, they're not really serious about selling.
Of course if they are offered £600k they'll sell, but it's extremely unlikely.

So what who they have beaten, they are playing good football and are well organised.
Sure they may have only beaten these so called teams, but their backing will soon have them beating Madrid, PSG or Munich on a regular basis, which is not something we can honestly say.
To be fair, Villa and Everton have had huge financial backing; and they have gone backwards.

Are our owners any better than the others?
I don't think we should be so judgemental, none of them are clean, but with ours you know what your getting..... nothing
It’s like saying “that murderer is ok because at least he didn’t torture them first”. People defending killers now because they own us. The worlds gone mad I tell thee!

Back
Top Bottom