Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Basically what it comes down to is they'd be happy with Lewis if he spent some of his acquired blood money on the club but because we are ran self sustainably and are not financially doped unlike some of our rivals we have terrible owners.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
It’s not that at all but the argument that “at least Lewis isn’t involved in illegal & immoral activities” is nonsense .

No one is buying THFC or will to meet his value of it

It’s not that at all but the argument that “at least Lewis isn’t involved in illegal & immoral activities” is nonsense .

No one is buying THFC or will to meet his value of it

Yeah mate I think people are well aware that Joe Lewis has been involved in shenanigans in fact you'd be naive to think that any owner wasn't involved in some shit to acquire their wealth although he's so far refused to put his money into the club unlike Roman/Sheikh Mansour et all so spare me the false equivalent argument please.

But it seems to me that the point here that just because Lewis may have blood on his hands folk want an owner who is more morally corrupt to take over purely because they are like to put said blood money into the club in order to wash it merely for sporting gain, they'd prefer an owner to launder their cash in the club for the sake of trophies no matter how it comes about purely because everyone else is doing it...if you can't beat them join them right?

It comes down to where your morals lie because for me this doesn't represent the fundamentals of Sporting integrity and fairness and I believe that clubs are meant to be ran self sustainably and benefit off the income they make not benefit of financial doping i.e cheating.

If that's what you want just own it, because you don't want new owners in that case you just want Lewis to inject the club with cash, the same cash acquired by this callous , nasty piece of work, the difference here is that he doesn't spend it on the club which last time I checked is what you're supposed to do if you're trying to run a business self sustainably,

Our club lost it's soul years ago, if you are holding out for organic success, your be waiting a lifetime good luck.
In the meantime, we can watch Newcastle pick up trophy after trophy, whilst we stay 2/3 transfer windows away from success 👍
would rather be where we are than have artificial success. that's not success! its fake and it has a damaging effect on the game.

Yeah mate I think people are well aware that Joe Lewis has been involved in shenanigans in fact you'd be naive to think that any owner wasn't involved in some shit to acquire their wealth although he's so far refused to put his money into the club unlike Roman/Sheikh Mansour et all so spare me the false equivalent argument please.

But it seems to me that the point here that just because Lewis may have blood on his hands folk want an owner who is more morally corrupt to take over purely because they are like to put said blood money into the club in order to wash it merely for sporting gain, they'd prefer an owner to launder their cash in the club for the sake of trophies no matter how it comes about purely because everyone else is doing it...if you can't beat them join them right?

It comes down to where your morals lie because for me this doesn't represent the fundamentals of Sporting integrity and fairness and I believe that clubs are meant to be ran self sustainably and benefit off the income they make not benefit of financial doping i.e cheating.

If that's what you want just own it, because you don't want new owners in that case you just want Lewis to inject the club with cash, the same cash acquired by this callous , nasty piece of work, the difference here is that he doesn't spend it on the club which last time I checked is what you're supposed to do if you're trying to run a business self sustainably,
I don’t think anyone WANTS a morally corrupt owner it was pointing out that he’s hardly anyone to defend over others . Football is unlike most businesses & within that business itself a small minority actually make a profit . I guess it depends on what you consider success .

I still think regardless of Lewis’s approach our transfer policy & who we scout is at fault . We’re very good at finding duds or average players & have been for some time. Also how we structure transfers is unappealing to many sellers

I don’t think anyone WANTS a morally corrupt owner it was pointing out that he’s hardly anyone to defend over others . Football is unlike most businesses & within that business itself a small minority actually make a profit . I guess it depends on what you consider success .

I still think regardless of Lewis’s approach our transfer policy & who we scout is at fault . We’re very good at finding duds or average players & have been for some time. Also how we structure transfers is unappealing to many sellers

You should read the last 2 pages or so, there's actually people in here who have more than implied that they want a morally corrupt owner if it equates to success which is why we are having this debate.

And on one's defending Lewis by the way that's a straw man and wasn't the point of the original argument.

Anyway you are correct and it's been said countless times, the issue isn't the lack of money we spend as we are spending money now and have been for a few years, it's the strategy of how we go about it, the recruitment has been pitiful up until recently, in fact the recruitment was poor at a key time when we had to get it right and we didn't hence why we have been stagnant in the last couple of years.

But folk know this yet continue to vent citing the usual tedious bollocks in here on the back of a loss yet again blah blah 1 trophy 22 years, farcical window, Conte wasn't backed blah blah blah honestly spare me 😴

In a period where things are finally looking up for the club for the first time in 5 years I find this behavior a bit strange and a tiny bit desperate tbh.

giphy.gif

You should read the last 2 pages or so, there's actually people in here who have more than implied that they want a morally corrupt owner if it equates to success which is why we are having this debate.

And on one's defending Lewis by the way that's a straw man and wasn't the point of the original argument.

Anyway you are correct and it's been said countless times, the issue isn't the lack of money we spend as we are spending money now and have been for a few years, it's the strategy of how we go about it, the recruitment has been pitiful up until recently, in fact the recruitment was poor at a key time when we had to get it right and we didn't hence why we have been stagnant in the last couple of years.

But folk know this yet continue to vent citing the usual tedious bollocks in here on the back of a loss yet again blah blah 1 trophy 22 years, farcical window, Conte wasn't backed blah blah blah honestly spare me 😴

In a period where things are finally looking up for the club for the first time in 5 years I find this behavior a bit strange and a tiny bit desperate tbh.
Maybe they’re just fed up with having a morally corrupt owner who doesn’t invest into the club

I think things were looking very much on the up a while back & then we self imposed a 500 day transfer embargo on ourselves. That was the very time we should have pushed on .

As it stands , I’d be happy to see 2 or 3 starters bought as it’s clear we need them but I won’t hold my breath

You sarcastically asked if Joe Lewis ever got anyone killed, then when you were shown that he has, you shifted the goalposts. Not that hard to understand.

Funny how you can tell I was being sarcastic in my initial post but not my reply...I didn't think that was too hard to understand...

You should read my posts and at least make an effort to comprehend them, I already acknowledged that Lewis is morally corrupt like all owners, I don't see what your point is other than to point score...?

Perhaps you like to add more to the debate as opposed to poorly attempted oneupmanship? 😬

Funny how you can tell I was being sarcastic in my initial post but not my reply...I didn't think that was too hard to understand...

You should read my posts and at least make an effort to comprehend them, I already acknowledged that Lewis is morally corrupt like all owners, I don't see what your point is other than to point score...?

Perhaps you like to add more to the debate as opposed to poorly attempted oneupmanship? 😬
And I thought it wasn’t hard to understand that I knew both comments were sarcastic if I knew the initial one was 😃

As for the ownership, I don’t care who the owners are as long as they aren’t sportswashing us and don’t do stupid things like try to move us to East London or think that hiring Nuno is a better idea than Ten Hag

And I thought it wasn’t hard to understand that I knew both comments were sarcastic if I knew the initial one was 😃

As for the ownership, I don’t care who the owners are as long as they aren’t sportswashing us and don’t do stupid things like try to move us to East London or think that hiring Nuno is a better idea than Ten Hag

Nuno said he was going to make us proud though tbf

Back
Top Bottom