Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, people are pissed off because Levy is paid on the same kind of bonus structure he imposes on the players, and under that structure, delivered on all his targets, but still got paid less than Moussa Sissoko?
Good point about sissoko. He got less than sissoko but was fine with it. People are happy with sissoko getting more than levy but not toby?! I doubt he would care if kane or toby got more than him if sissoko is. Its a separate thing. I can't believe people are getting pissed off if a player gets more than levy. I doubt that how much levy earns will have any bearing on his decision of how much we will give kane to stay.

Last edited:
I never know when they quote transfer fees if that is the basic or includes the possible add ons like these.
I think there's a huge pinch of salt to be taken with most numbers reported around transfer fees. You will see different Jorno's report on different fees as the news breaks on the signing, this is down to complete guesswork, agent telling porkies, club telling porkies, some figure given will include add-ons, others will not, some don't know.

I think there's a huge pinch of salt to be taken with most numbers reported around transfer fees. You will see different Jorno's report on different fees as the news breaks on the signing, this is down to complete guesswork, agent telling porkies, club telling porkies, some figure given will include add-ons, others will not, some don't know.
Same with wages. No player is paid "per week", that's entirely a media affectation. And we don't know anything about the bonus clauses and other details which may affect a contract.

Fair enough. So using your own logic, we should have the 6th highest paid chairman in the league, yeah?
Not particularly, no. The chairman is charged with running the entire club. Whether you like to accept it or not, a modern football club is a business. Our chairman has posted record revenues and profits. If you look at the trend of club profits tied to each chairman’s reign vs. previous regimes, you’d see that Levy’s performance compared to his peers is light years in difference. This means that he, in fact, is performing at a higher rate than his peers and therefore should be compensated as such.

Who is better? Woodward at United? Werner at Liverpool? Levy is out performing every chairman in the world by boot-strapping a mid-table club to the top of the English game, and building billions in facilities at the same time.

If you look at the trend of club profits tied to each chairman’s reign vs. previous regimes, you’d see that Levy’s performance compared to his peers is light years in difference. This means that he, in fact, is performing at a higher rate than his peers and therefore should be compensated as such.
So our players, who are also performing at a higher rate than their own peers, at the likes of Woolwich and Chelsea, should also be compensated as such, yeah? ...Its the players on the pitch that have elevated us to champions league status. Facilitating the club profits that allow Levy to pay himself more than his counterparts at United and Liverpool and the rest of the Premier League.

So our players, who are also performing at a higher rate than their own peers, at the likes of Woolwich and Chelsea, should also be compensated as such, yeah? ...Its the players on the pitch that have elevated us to champions league status. Facilitating the club profits that allow Levy to pay himself more than his counterparts at United and Liverpool and the rest of the Premier League.
They are. In bonuses. Harry Kane, is one of the highest paid players in the League due to bonuses.

We have the highest bonus structure in English football. You perform, you get paid extremely well. What about that is an issue with you?

When we have the money we will pay the money. And Levy is a part owner of the club. That doesn’t apply to his counterparts.

Fair enough. So using your own logic, we should have the 6th highest paid chairman in the league, yeah?

We might well have .... remember the figure in the accounts included bonuses, his BASIC like our player's BASIC could be around the 6th highest in the EPL ... however with incentives and bonuses our lot do OK ...

Don’t forget that wonderful Russian down the Kings Road too, doing it the right way....much better than a lifelong Spurs fan with ethics in charge.

Taking much too long we need a quick fix NOW

Ahhhh the players elevated us...that must be the shit ones that Levy only signs?
You talk about us whimpering out in the run in......which one is it? When is it the players fault?

I don't think they know what they want. Toby less, sissoko more? Can kane have much more as he is performing so highly? Or is that high bonus just for levy?
Can we not have given levy a millon less? Suddenly the people saying toby should be happy with what he's on as 'it would take us X amount of years for us to earn it' are happy for levy to get 6m. Surely 5 is enough. We don't want no mercenary. He should love the club & be in it for that love blah blah.

Last edited:
I cannot see how you can compare Levy with players. Toby is compared with other defenders and Kane other strikers. Levy has to be compared with other chairmen. All things being considered he should earn the 6th highest income as that is where our earnings rank. However we know that the £6m includes bonuses and back pay but not the break down. I have not seen figures for the other Chairmen for the same year. Levy is involved in running the Stadium project and deserves more for that. I really find it hard to decide if he is earning too much but hopefully the figure will reduce when the stadium project is completed. The headline figure does sound excessive but unless more detail is given which I doubt it is difficult to know the truth.

Do you think levy decides his own salary? Are you really that stupid?

Back
Top Bottom