Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t really think they should be banned but sound arguments are pointless against them. They’re just bitterly holding on now because they won’t admit they were incorrect.

If being 5-0 down to Newcastle in 20 mins & losing to Bournemouth at home back to back aren’t enough to make you turn on Levy/ENIC after THIS season - then nothing I or anyone else say on here will.

There are some posters on here who I legitimately believe would stand by Levy/ENIC even if we were relegated.
You're probably right yes . I just don't like the idea of banning people for their views. (That aren't hateful, trolling etc).

I certainly lost faith in ENIC a few years ago but do like to read different sides of things.

I wonder which owner that would be ?

A Glazer taking a billion pound out of the club, or an oil state ?
Took a billion out but in their 2nd cup final of the season, sit above us in the league, have won more in half the time even without Fergie, will very probably take our best player ever from us in the summer

But yeah Steve, you keep telling yourself our board is better than theirs.

With the emergence of Newcastle in to the mix,united,City,Woolwich,Liverpool,Chelsea, plus teams like Brighton ,Brentford coming through i cant see where enic and levy go from here under the current model and strategy in terms of what we are which is a football club first and foremost. I think things are only going to get worse from here. There's a lot more teams in the mix and they're stuck thinking it's only 1 team to overtake to reach top 4.

With the emergence of Newcastle in to the mix,united,City,Woolwich,Liverpool,Chelsea, plus teams like Brighton ,Brentford coming through i cant see where enic and levy go from here under the current model and strategy in terms of what we are which is a football club first and foremost. I think things are only going to get worse from here. There's a lot more teams in the mix and they're stuck thinking it's only 1 team to overtake to reach top 4.
Their business model of 2004 to 2017 of sell to buy is dead and has been for a few years. The game has moved on. What i'm yet to hear from their defenders is where we get the required money to rebuild this side from, because a blind man on a galloping horse can see we need pretty much an entire new team.

They havent bought in any outside investment, they haven't sorted naming rights (4 years and counting), they wont do another capital increase like last summer and outside of Kane we dont have anyone that will fetch much if we can get rid at all. So i'd love to know what the plan is.

Last edited:
Their business model of 2004 to 2017 of sell to buy is dead and has been for a few years. The game has moved on. What i'm yet to hear from their defenders is where we get the required money to rebuild this side from, because a blind man on a galloping horse can see we need pretty much an entire new team.

They havent bought in any outside investment, they haven't sorted naming rights (4 years and counting), they wont do another capital increase like last summer and outside of Kane we dont have anyone that will fetch much if we can get rid at all. So i'd love to know what the plan is.
Fucking hell, when you break it down like that it’s stark. It’s actually so bad, it makes me think drastic could happen in terms of ownership/full sale.

We have loads of players that are on big wages that we will have to pay to leave for free. Can’t be starting next season with Lloris, Perisic, etc and we have masses of other players that won’t attract a sale, and won’t feature

Took a billion out but in their 2nd cup final of the season, sit above us in the league, have won more in half the time even without Fergie, will very probably take our best player ever from us in the summer

But yeah Steve, you keep telling yourself our board is better than theirs.

Yes!!! It's true, people point to United and Chelsea and even Woolwich owners but look what they've won.

It isn't just 'luck'..

Watch Chelsea win something before we do, then we'll hear the same nonsense about their owners being worse than ours

I remember when ENIC first came in they'd snap up young English talent from the lower leagues. Walker, Dawson, Jenas, Defoe, Carrick, Lennon off the top of my head. They don't seem to do that anymore.

Nowadays they just buy foreigners for big money who disappoint. I think ENIC now are as stale as our team. Levy's made himself a fortune and understandably isn't as hungry.

Back
Top Bottom