Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not being paid though.

I genuinely (genuinely) do NOT understand how you can still back Levy/ENIC.

A reasonable position would be to acknowledge that they did some good since taking over post-Sugar era, BUT that they clearly have taken us as far as they can, and we are now going backwards because of their greed and unwillingness to invest to take us to the top level.

Why do you see things differently to that? I can't fathom your viewpoint tbh.

No just being a dick as usual

Answer me this, do you reckon one day you will grow up and not resort to personal attacks purely because you happen to have a difference of opinion about them, if so when?

Also I'm still waiting for you to prove that I said I apparently enjoy when we lose matches, still haven't come up with any evidence, still not holding my breath 😆

A reasonable position would be to acknowledge that they did some good since taking over post-Sugar era, BUT that they clearly have taken us as far as they can, and we are now going backwards because of their greed and unwillingness to invest to take us to the top level.

Everyone moves at different speeds. 20 years from now some more may have joined the Levy out brigade. Or maybe not. 5 years ago Levy was very much “in”.

See what the next five years bring us.

We have to hope there is a rabbit Levy can pull out of his magical hat. We need another Modric / Bale / Kane type youngster to appear out of thin air.

I’ll reply to you. I respect you and think you take reasonable positions.

First, let’s be clear that the past few years have seen terrible football and poor results. Ever since Poch left.

Second, there are very real criticisms to be made. Number one for me is that Levy has shown a faulty football strategy which has directly led to the terrible football and poor results.

However….

- Levy’s mistake was hiring « win now » managers who play shit football (Mourinho and Conte). Nobody was more against Mourinho than me but those appointments were not completely unreasonable - we had made a lot of progress and like a lot of fans, Levy probably thought we just needed a winner to get us over the line. He was wrong.

- I don’t think we can say Levy’s time has been and gone. Pochettino was only 3.5 years ago. It feels like a lifetime but that is not so long ago. Levy wasn’t a dinosaur when we reached the CL final and he isn’t a few years later. This is an important moment though and we need to get this managerial appointment right. Slot would be a great choice.

- Levy hasn’t made « some » progress - he’s completely transformed the club. And he’s done that despite being far poorer and less prestigious than our rivals. The only other clubs that have done that have needed the backing of a state to achieve that. Instead we have a local boy who’s got us where we are through our own resources and cunning. There’s something romantic about that in a world of sheikhs and oligarchs.

In conclusion, Levy is far from perfect and he’s made big mistakes but a lot of the criticism is emotional and excessive. Of course there will be some posters like me who push back at the constant negativity and criticism from glass half empty guys. That doesn’t mean we’re levybots and it doesn’t mean we’re in the pay of the club.

So you say that I am backing them...what exact comments are you taking umbrage with in particular?

Everyone moves at different speeds. 20 years from now some more may have joined the Levy out brigade. Or maybe not. 5 years ago Levy was very much “in”.

See what the next five years bring us.

We have to hope there is a rabbit Levy can pull out of his magical hat. We need another Modric / Bale / Kane type youngster to appear out of thin air.
ax731WW_460s.jpg
:levywhoa:

First, let’s be clear that the past few years have seen terrible football and poor results. Ever since Poch left.

Second, there are very real criticisms to be made. Number one for me is that Levy has shown a faulty football strategy which has directly led to the terrible football and poor results.

However….

- Levy’s mistake was hiring « win now » managers who play shit football (Mourinho and Conte). Nobody was more against Mourinho than me but those appointments were not completely unreasonable - we had made a lot of progress and like a lot of fans, Levy probably thought we just needed a winner to get us over the line. He was wrong.

- I don’t think we can say Levy’s time has been and gone. Pochettino was only 3.5 years ago. It feels like a lifetime but that is not so long ago. Levy wasn’t a dinosaur when we reached the CL final and he isn’t a few years later. This is an important moment though and we need to get this managerial appointment right. Slot would be a great choice.

- Levy hasn’t made « some » progress - he’s completely transformed the club. And he’s done that despite being far poorer and less prestigious than our rivals. The only other clubs that have done that have needed the backing of a state to achieve that. Instead we have a local boy who’s got us where we are through our own resources and cunning. There’s something romantic about that in a world of sheikhs and oligarchs.

In conclusion, Levy is far from perfect and he’s made big mistakes but a lot of the criticism is emotional and excessive. Of course there will be some posters like me who push back at the constant negativity and criticism from glass half empty guys. That doesn’t mean we’re levybots and it doesn’t mean we’re in the pay of the club.

We reached a CL more out of accident than design, remember we went the entire summer of 2018 without signing a single player.

We were close to that unknown lad from Birmingham I think, Jack Greavish, no Grealish, that was the fella. What happened to him?

Nothing romantic about our club, we're a joke. Yeah, nice stadium and training facilities but a shite team with no clear strategy in place.

He's not at the Last Chance Saloon anymore, time's up for Levy and ENIC.

They've got to start looking for a buyer before it becomes even more toxic.

We reached a CL more out of accident than design, remember we went the entire summer of 2018 without signing a single player.

We were close to that unknown lad from Birmingham I think, Jack Greavish, no Grealish, that was the fella. What happened to him?

Nothing romantic about our club, we're a joke. Yeah, nice stadium and training facilities but a shite team with no clear strategy in place.

There’s plenty I could say to you but we’d both just be shouting into the void.

Happy to discuss but only if we agree to paraphrasing what the other person said before we make our own points. That’s the only way we could have sensible discussion.

However….

Thanks for the considered reply.

Of course you’re not all levybots / in the pay of ENIC. That’s nonsense.

Shadydaniellevy is though!

:adegrin:

Your overall position is what I disagreed with, politely I thought.

Thought that was obvious.

And what is my 'overall position' that's nice, fancy words that doesn't really mean a lot.

You don't have any quotes, no text, nothing? After all you seem to think I back them so you should have something that you can refer to, anything?

And what is my 'overall position' that's nice, fancy words that doesn't really mean a lot.

You don't have any quotes, no text, nothing? After all you seem to think I back them so you should have something that you can refer to, anything?

I know you want me to waste my time going back and quoting all your shit, levy brown nosing posts…but unlike you I have a job.

So I’m not going to, Daniel,

I know you want me to waste my time going back and quoting all your shit, levy brown nosing posts…but unlike you I have a job.

So I’m not going to, Daniel,

Translates to 'I'm going to go along with the other sheep in here and play on the narrative that Shady is some ENIC shill and pile on but in reality can't prove shit'

No worries I know what you're like so I expected it...anyway if you want to know my overall position then I found a post for you that explains it enough so even you can understand:

So we more or less in fact agree so what's the problem here?

And I also worry for you if a grown adult hasn't managed to work out multitasking yet, you should work on that.

The stadium is shit

Translates to 'I'm going to go along with the other sheep in here and play on the narrative that Shady is some ENIC shill and pile on but in reality can't prove shit'

No worries I know what you're like so I expected it...anyway if you want to know my overall position then I found a post for you that explains it enough so even you can understand:

So we more or less in fact agree so what's the problem here?

And I also worry for you if a grown adult hasn't managed to work out multitasking yet, you should work on that.

Be quiet, Enic shill.

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom