Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What on earth do you moaners want?

There are so many exciting new synergies - go karts, boxing, pop concerts. Sky walks and climbing walls. A 5-star hotel on the horizon.

It's the finest multi-purpose entertainment hub London can offer. Who cares about a mediocre soccer team?

If you look at what happened from the firing of Mourinho to the hiring of Nuno you would say that was a once in a lifetime cock-up. So here we are again. No discussions with Ponch, on again/off again with Nagelsmann, now we have an open goal with Slot and we hit the crossbar. Next comes the obscure non-entity with agent connections, or maybe we just give up and make Ryan Mason the "permanent temporary" (although how he'll fill in for himself after he's fired is anyone's guess). You get one once in a lifetime fiasco. Levy is well into his second botched managerial search and it serves as a collective indictment on the organization from so many coaches. Spurs have become a coach killing, radioactive landfill of broken dreams and promises. Enough already.
He has already had 2. Levy went from September to June without appointing a manager and then he appointed Jacques Santini only for him to say he couldn’t do the job in November. He then got lucky that Arnesen had appointed Jol as the assistant. The fact that even Arnesen had had enough after a year and went to Chelsea to buy every young player he could think of.

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

This is not a fact , how do you measure the size of a club?

You measure a club by its history, SUCCESS & spending. It's a well known fact the Everton, Villa & US were all classed as big 6 clubs pre abramovich.

The other (really) big 3 are Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.
Trophy wise we are bang between Villa & Everton.

We are miles behind Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.

I said we have overtaken Villa & Everton under Enic👍.
But unfortunately now Liverpool, Man U, Woolwich have been joined by the mega money Man C, Chelsea & now Newcastle outspending us so rather than being the 4th (natural) biggest club in the league we still sit 7th.
Our squad cost is 7th. Out trophy count is 7th.
We are the 7th biggest club in the Country.
Our expected finish is therefore 7th.

Some years we will do better👍
Some years we will do worse.
I said it b4 we ain't Real Madrid.

It's really not rocket science.

How do you know what Everton and Villa fans think? How do you know we feel more entitled?
Villa have been in the Championship & Everton are in danger of going down!!
I'd say that makes our fans losing their shit at finishing 8th in the hardest league on the planet look pretty entitled.
Do you know that we as a club are? Where are the facts to say that ENIC/Levy are aiming high?
I agree but if you look at the bigger picture we are doing ok. Sure we want Enic to get there act together & push on
It gets slightly tedious that any fan who is fed up with this ownership is ridiculed as being entitled or spoilt.

Maybe just maybe they are fed up with a lack of footballing direction , the constant change of managers, the poor football and complete mess the FOOTBALL side of the club is.
Nothing wrong with being fed up with the ownership right now i totally understand it.
Just adding perspective

But unfortunately now Liverpool, Man U, Woolwich have been joined by the mega money Man C, Chelsea & now Newcastle outspending us so rather than being the 4th (natural) biggest club in the league we still sit 7th.
why aren’t the tickets 7th most expensive? Rip off cunts, stfu

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

You measure a club by its history, SUCCESS & spending. It's a well known fact the Everton, Villa & US were all classed as big 6 clubs pre abramovich.

The other (really) big 3 are Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.
Trophy wise we are bang between Villa & Everton.

We are miles behind Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.

Some years we will do better👍
Some years we will do worse.
I said it b4 we ain't Real Madrid.

It's really not rocket science.

Villa have been in the Championship & Everton are in danger of going down!!
I'd say that makes our fans losing their shit at finishing 8th in the hardest league on the planet look pretty entitled.

I agree but if you look at the bigger picture we are doing ok. Sure we want Enic to get there act together & push on

Nothing wrong with being fed up with the ownership right now i totally understand it.
Just adding perspective
Problem is Spurs could get relegated in the 3-4 years. As a club we seem to have zero plan and I do not think bringing Scott Munn who to me just looks like another executive but with a little bit of a Sports Background to run the football side does anything. The fact is we all know Levy's future planning is crap and to top it off any time we do have a plan as soon as something goes wrong we go in a completely new direction.

Reading Ledley’s comment reminds me.

if you know your history…

Tottenham Hotspur are the team that achieved amazing things and sat proudly as a giant in the British game. The club should ( and must not ) be defined by the period between 92 & 2002. And it’s only if you limit your arguments to that period that Levy and his apologist fans have any case.
How do you define a giant of the English game?

Trophies? If so the true giants of the English game are Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.

Man C & Chelsea have bought trophies & Newcastle may do shortly?

Do we call them giants? I wouldn't.

Trophy wise we are between Villa & Everton.

Do we class them as giants also?

Imho We are a big club rather than a giant.

Is the 7th most successful club a giant?

Just watched the video for this and I’m stunned to report that what has been written is not what he said.

Doesn’t mean sacking him then wasn’t a ridiculous decision, but another example of posting a lie to suit a narrative. Every word quoted correctly until the bit about Levy. Weird that.

Just watched the video for this and I’m stunned to report that what has been written is not what he said.

Doesn’t mean sacking him then wasn’t a ridiculous decision, but another example of posting a lie to suit a narrative. Every word quoted correctly until the bit about Levy. Weird that.

lol this fanbase were overjoyed when he was sacked, why is the narrative bring changed now 😆

Trophies? If so the true giants of the English game are Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.

First non league club to win the F.A. Cup

First club to do the domestic double in the 20th century.

First British club to win a European trophy

First club to win the F.A. Cup 8 times in 1991.

Spurs were as big as anyone in Britain when I began supporting the club in 1977.

We out bid Manchester United for Paul Gascoigne in 1988.

Sugar and now ENIC have fucking killed us in terms of trophies, wages, transfer fees and ambition generally.

Sugar started the limited budget bullshit and Levy has taken it to the next level.

No bigger club than Spurs.

Win now owners needed now.

No more jam tomorrow.

Fuck Jose.

Who cares what he has to say now.

That doesn't mean we aren't staring at the very real possibility of Mr Levy's club being in a relegation scrap next season.

Good point, I'm wondering myself why his quotes are being posted in here as some sort of slight against the board when the vast majority of fans were behind his sacking anyway.

Good point, I'm wondering myself why his quotes are being posted in here as some sort of slight against the board when the vast majority of fans were behind his sacking anyway.

Opportunistic media work.

Jose has a press conference today, Spurs have bad news today, Jose takes the opportunity for a cheap dig, media knows it will bang on socials. Spurs fans all coming to the same conclusion that Levy is lost in the game and we are fucked as long as he stays.

Perfect storm.

First and only non league club to win the FA Cup.

First club to win a modern era double.

First club in Britain to win a European Trophy.

The First English club to win the UEFA cup

First team to win 8 successive major cup finals.

First club to win the 2nd Division and then immediately win the 1st Division in the second season.

A seventh place finish here and there does not distract from this great club and it’s history of firsts.

…If you know your history 👍

First and only non league club to win the FA Cup.

First club to win a modern era double.

First club in Britain to win a European Trophy.

The First English club to win the UEFA cup

First team to win 9 successive major cup finals.

First club to win the 2nd Division and then immediately win the 1st Division in the second season.

…If you know your history 👍
Can’t use the Sugar years to say we are better now. Means nothing.

But we were great in the 60’s and aren’t now. Means everything.

Back
Top Bottom