Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you define a giant of the English game?

Trophies? If so the true giants of the English game are Liverpool, Man U & Woolwich.

Man C & Chelsea have bought trophies & Newcastle may do shortly?

Do we call them giants? I wouldn't.

Trophy wise we are between Villa & Everton.

Do we class them as giants also?

Imho We are a big club rather than a giant.

Is the 7th most successful club a giant?

We aren't filling a 60k arena in London, with 6 other London premier league teams, on the selling point of being the 7th best team in the country.

We'd better hope the ambition is to be more than a regular Top 7 club. 7th is Europa Conference League.

You are seriously suggesting Spurs fans should be satisfied with being a Conference League club that occasionally does better than that?

What on earth do you moaners want?

There are so many exciting new synergies - go karts, boxing, pop concerts. Sky walks and climbing walls. A 5-star hotel on the horizon.

It's the finest multi-purpose entertainment hub London can offer. Who cares about a mediocre soccer team?

The only football stadium in the world where the actual football isn't the main attraction!

Bravo ENIC

This club has history others can only dream off.
Couldn’t agree more, but looking back at it as a stick to beat our present setup with, probably doesn’t mean anything. Doubt Blackpool fans are constantly moaning on their forums because they’ve never reached the heights of Stanley Matthews again.

Problem is Spurs could get relegated in the 3-4 years. As a club we seem to have zero plan and I do not think bringing Scott Munn who to me just looks like another executive but with a little bit of a Sports Background to run the football side does anything. The fact is we all know Levy's future planning is crap and to top it off any time we do have a plan as soon as something goes wrong we go in a completely new direction.
I agree we don't seem to have a plan now & Enic really need to get their shit together asap!!
They went with Mourinho & then Conte (paying him massive money) to try & keep champs league money coming in.
Levy panicked & went for short termism rather than getting a manager to build & the right structure imo.

He really needs to get the next manager/dof right & importantly have a clear direction & invest well in the squad.

You say we could get relegated?
Personally I would say no we are too big.

But yes I agree we could drop down the table.

Couldn’t agree more, but looking back at it as a stick to beat our present setup with, probably doesn’t mean anything. Doubt Blackpool fans are constantly moaning on their forums because they’ve never reached the heights of Stanley Matthews again.
Blackpool do not have the revenue streams ENIC do. But they do have a history that’s for sure.

Anyone defending them now is a troll, a contrarian. Whatever you think they once were they arent anymore and havent been for a few years. Not sure i've witnessed this level of incompetence and an inability to learn from mistakes before in any field.
Those still supporting them now will never, ever stop supporting them under any circumstances. That much is pretty clear I would have thought.
If/when they sell up, these trolls will disappear with them. Thank God

Playing devil's advocate here, but....

Could it be said that each time Levy has given over control to someone else, we have fallen on our arse?

Poch took control of all football matters, and we crumbled within a season.

Mourinho got fucked over with the shite state Poch left the squad in and then lost all his best players to injury.

Brings in the Italians, and they hire fucking Nuno in some stupid attempt to get into bed with Mendez...and then throw all out money at Conte who laughed his way to the bank.

Maybe what we need is more Levy!!

Haha

Strange how the same bunch of ENIC trolls are so keen to constantly run down and piss all over it, isn't it.

I think it's quite telling to be honest.

I think it's sweet to see them white knighting for Mr Levy.

Folks are free to use their free time as they see fit.

Granted it's not something I or 99% of football fans in the premier league would do but here we are.

Each to their own and all that

Back
Top Bottom