Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The amount of times you say this it sounds like you so desperately want it to happen just you can have your loser mindstate vindicated, just waiting for the opportunity to say 'I told you so', bet you got that dopamine rush when we got knocked out the cup last week. :sonpoint:

You're like a crack fiend waiting for the club to take L's so you can feed your anti ENIC habit, at this point you will take any perceived bad moment no matter how they affect our club just so you can throw shit at the board.

Well the unfortunate thing for you no matter how much you bash your keyboard ENIC are directly tied to this club so at any point if the board look bad then it's normally at the detriment of the team so the two things are mutually exclusive.

You genuinely sound like a woman who's turned to cats because they've been cheated on by their ex, seek help.

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I guess we're just in a "perceived good moment" at the moment eh Shady.

Don't be silly mate, for example Dave Whelan got MOTM when Wigan won the FA Cup vs Man City. I think he scored the winning goal too.

The players didn't have anything to do with that victory.

We didn't sign a single player before and during the 18/19 season, hampering the manager from the get-go and leaving him with a squad lacking in real depth.

Maybe he should've started Moura instead of Kane BUT giving away a penalty after 30 seconds was definitely not part of the plan and made who played up front irrelevant.

I haven't rewatched a single minute of the Final but it was a weird game, a poor one but one riddled with tension throughout. It took place far too long after the end of the season and both teams seemed shattered.

The only common denominator during the past 23 years are the owners, the buck should stop with them and yet....

I don't get why any Spurs fan would defend them but I guess for some it's ENIC Till I Die and not Tottenham.

The fact that some are so embittered and twisted about things beyond their control (like the club ownership), that they can’t just enjoy a game of football and our current style of play is sad really.
I haven't seen anyone not enjoying the style of play so far, that doesn't mean they shouldn't criticise the ownership or be upset at the lack of trophies.

I’ve seen plenty just bang on about the ownership and not bother posting about how we play.

End of discussion, goodbye.
Not talking about it doesn't mean they are not happy with the style of play, maybe they have posted about it but you just haven't seen it. You can't keep track of every post.

We didn't sign a single player before and during the 18/19 season, hampering the manager from the get-go and leaving him with a squad lacking in real depth.

Maybe he should've started Moura instead of Kane BUT giving away a penalty after 30 seconds was definitely not part of the plan and made who played up front irrelevant.

I haven't rewatched a single minute of the Final but it was a weird game, a poor one but one riddled with tension throughout. It took place far too long after the end of the season and both teams seemed shattered.

The only common denominator during the past 23 years are the owners, the buck should stop with them and yet....

I don't get why any Spurs fan would defend them but I guess for some it's ENIC Till I Die and not Tottenham.
If you want an example in how not to run a football club whilst building a new stadium just take a look at Everton currently.

Honestly I don't actually disagree with alot of the points raised regarding the running of the club, especially recently however the board have quite rightly changed the whole strategy of the club which so far looks very promising. I bet you won't acknowledge that though? You'll wait for the first sign of a fuck up and jump on the band wagon straight away. Wasn't it only Saturday you were moaning before the Burnley game?

Some of you quite frankly live in cuckoo land.

Pretty much any 'ENIC supporter' as people like to call them understand the type of owner they are and way they run the club but also don't live in fantasy land.

Like mentioned in a previous post, you just go on about the same stuff and it's pretty comical. It's no wonder the ENIC out movement is absolutely shocking and embarrassing.

The fact that some are so apathetic to our lack of trophies under ENIC is sad really.
It’s not the lack of trophies that irks, it’s veneer of ambition (‘feel the glory’) whilst doing the absolute bare minimum and doing it badly.

Zero leadership

If you want an example in how not to run a football club whilst building a new stadium just take a look at Everton currently.

Honestly I don't actually disagree with alot of the points raised regarding the running of the club, especially recently however the board have quite rightly changed the whole strategy of the club which so far looks very promising. I bet you won't acknowledge that though? You'll wait for the first sign of a fuck up and jump on the band wagon straight away. Wasn't it only Saturday you were moaning before the Burnley game?

Some of you quite frankly live in cuckoo land.

Pretty much any 'ENIC supporter' as people like to call them understand the type of owner they are and way they run the club but also don't live in fantasy land.

Like mentioned in a previous post, you just go on about the same stuff and it's pretty comical. It's no wonder the ENIC out movement is absolutely shocking and embarrassing.

And people who keep on defending our owners are pretty laughable to me too.

We' suffer a couple of key injuries to our defence and we're reliant on average players or kids. No depth and that's on the people in charge of recruitment.

Anyway, I think I'm going to stay off this thread as we're all just going round in circles here.

Maybe they'll back this new manager unlike Harry and Poch when we were showing signs of being able to truly compete. Time will tell.

Don't be silly mate, for example Dave Whelan got MOTM when Wigan won the FA Cup vs Man City. I think he scored the winning goal too.

The players didn't have anything to do with that victory.

No defending Levy at all, however, that CL final failure, and some other 'chokes', are all on Poch.

It never is. This is not only shown by the teams we put out, but also from us, the supporters. If we’d played Fulham at home a couple of weeks back, would we have had a sellout? Fuck no. Play them in the league? Of course we sell out.

People do care about cups. The club care about cups. But the league is always going to take precedence.

Edit - the argument will be that we always put out a weak side, so why attend. But I don’t believe that’s why people don’t go.
I agree that many supporters also do not take the cups seriously but then why is the lack of a trophy so often talked about. Had we won a cup a few years ago then maybe we would not have lost Kane. As a supporter who has grown up with winning cups whilst our league position suffered I want to win a trophy. This year without Europe was an ideal time but we have already lost only 1 of 2 opportunities to do so. You only have 1 opportunity in a cup and lose and that’s that. However lose a league match and there are plenty of opportunities to get back into the top 4. Had we played a stronger team v Fulham, it may have affected our result v Burnley but we could have recovered from that but we are out of the League cup and that is final.

No defending Levy at all, however, that CL final failure, and some other 'chokes', are all on Poch.
To be honest, it's no different now.

Ange has a great starting 11, lose a couple of players and it soon shows.

Same with Poch, had a great starting 11, lose a couple of players and it showed.

The problem is, we know that Levy invested 0 that year and it is absolutely criminal that he did that. If we had got a few players of quality in, who knows what would have happened. That's what hurts the most.

Would Poch of played Kane, if he knew he had a good back up to tinker with squad?

We will never know and it it's all if's and buts. What we do know, is that Levy failed back Poch, the best manager we had for the last 20ish years and playing in the CL.

I'm not going to blame Poch for the CL, without him, we would never have got there in teh first place, he did amazing that year with Levy tying both hands behind his back.

I know it sounds like sour grapes etc but I remember saying after the CL final that the referee was never going to let us win that game

So disappointed ☹️

It's not all on Poch, if he had won the CL and other finals Levy would have got credit, there is collective responsibility and he must take his share of the blame

Back
Top Bottom