Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh....dear

Ha, yeah you lot aren't Levy/ENIC defenders at all.

No, not nail on head at all. I care about Spurs and want them to succeed, who the owners are is irrelevant to me

If we're not successful then the owners need to be held to account, or are they completely without blame?
That's better, see you don't have to repeat everything and you can actually try debating.

No, they are not completely without blame, no more than Poch is completely to blame for playing Sonny at LB in a semi final, or playing an unfit Kane in a CL final, or Ange is to blame for making 9, unnecessary, changes in the first round of the Carabao cup.

Now you can come back with all the usual shite, squad, money, only interested in top 4, bare minimum, etc, etc.

Did you give Levy all the credit for reaching the first, and only, CL final in our history, or are they only responsible for the bad things ?

A normal, rational person sees the good and the bad, apportions blame and credit fairly and equally.
You should try it some time.

Oh....dear

Ha, yeah you lot aren't Levy/ENIC defenders at all.

No, not nail on head at all. I care about Spurs and want them to succeed, who the owners are is irrelevant to me

If we're not successful then the owners need to be held to account, or are they completely without blame?

I reiterate my claim that you have been hired/created by or even are Levy - posting on this forum to turn people like myself off the ENIC out movement.

Fucking hell, there's a gang of them on here now.

:ange-blow:

Levy pay by the hour or word?

:pochsmirk:
Whitney Houston Whatever GIF

For me, its pretty obvious that most people use this thread to vent about levy when we have lost or aren't doing particularly well.

The relative silence in here after we win says more about how most people really feel than the posters that come in here with their daily rants.

Most fans, I believe, want to see entertaining football and have a team/management that we can feel connected to. And whilst many, including myself, would be more than fine with ENIC selling up - I certainly do not just want to jump into bed with the first investors that come in and flash the cash. They would need to be a step up from the current owners and for me that has little to do with what their net spend would be.

To me, they've failed as owners and turned us into a laughing stock.

Ange is giving us hope, but sure as shit at some point Levy will do something to bring us back down to Earth!
Simplistic nonsense.

Screenshot-2023-09-08-225646.png

Took over the club after we had stagnated and slowly regressed in the 80s and 90s. Inherited a stadium that time would dictate was becoming outdated.

Have slowly improved our league position over 20 years, upgraded our stadium and training facilities and done so with the team competing in European competition (where we belong) in 16 of the last 18 years.

What has happened is that we have hit a glass ceiling that we are struggling to break through.
The 5 English clubs richer than us have soaked up most of the trophies available for us to win.

Since becoming our owners (not including 00/01 season) the winners of the EPL have been United: 6 Woolwich: 2 Chelsea: 5 Liverpool: 1 City: 7. Leicester: 1

FA Cup. United: 2 Woolwich: 7 Chelsea: 5 Liverpool: 2 City: 3 Leicester: 1 Others: 2

League Cup: United: 5 Woolwich: 0 Chelsea: 3 Liverpool: 3 City: 6 SPURS: 1 Others: 4

Combined that is 66 domestic trophies. The 5 clubs that are richer than us have won 53 of 66 or 80%.
So think about 23/24 season under Ange. There is an 80% chance those 5 will win the 3 trophies on offer. That's the ceiling we have to find a way to burst through. That's the final step and it's the hardest to make.

Since Pochettino we have fallen short in cup SF/F 5 times. Three times to Chelsea and once each to both Manchester clubs. Would wager strongly we weren't favourites in any of these matches either.

Simplistic nonsense.

Took over the club after we had stagnated and slowly regressed in the 80s and 90s. Inherited a stadium that time would dictate was becoming outdated.

Have slowly improved our league position over 20 years, upgraded our stadium and training facilities and done so with the team competing in European competition (where we belong) in 16 of the last 18 years.

What has happened is that we have hit a glass ceiling that we are struggling to break through.
The 5 English clubs richer than us have soaked up most of the trophies available for us to win.

Since becoming our owners (not including 00/01 season) the winners of the EPL have been United: 6 Woolwich: 2 Chelsea: 5 Liverpool: 1 City: 7. Leicester: 1

FA Cup. United: 2 Woolwich: 7 Chelsea: 5 Liverpool: 2 City: 3 Leicester: 1 Others: 2

League Cup: United: 5 Woolwich: 0 Chelsea: 3 Liverpool: 3 City: 6 SPURS: 1 Others: 4

Combined that is 66 domestic trophies. The 5 clubs that are richer than us have won 53 of 66 or 80%.
So think about 23/24 season under Ange. There is an 80% chance those 5 will win the 3 trophies on offer. That's the ceiling we have to find a way to burst through. That's the final step and it's the hardest to make.

Since Pochettino we have fallen short in cup SF/F 5 times. Three times to Chelsea and once each to both Manchester clubs. Would wager strongly we weren't favourites in any of these matches either.

Screenshot-2023-09-08-at-14-28-09.png

Simplistic nonsense.

You do not win trophies by making 9 changes. When we did win trophies in the past we did not play weakened teams in the cup matches. That is not a hard step when not in Europe. In December we play 3 PL matches in a week but do you think he will play weakened teams in any of them? no and there was no reason for doing so at Fulham.

Noticed in a previous post you told people this 'isn't the Don Levy appreciation thread' and to 'stay off this thread'.

Guess what floppy chops - this isn't the 'Anti Levy thread' either. It's simply called Levy / Enic.

Why don't you go open an anti-Levy / Enic thread and stay the fuck off this one?

:dembelefingers: :nunothumb: :dwi:

Woah, so easily triggered by a spinning top.

You feeling a bit hot today, sunshine?

Since Levy took over the likes of Wigan, Birmingham, Portsmouth, West Ham and, of course, Leicester have won trophies. Are these clubs all rucher than us?

It's a load of bollocks, the lengths some will go on here to defend Levy/ENIC and out lack of success under their ownership.

As for the CL final, FFS if the club had bought in a player or two in either summer 2018 or winter 2019, who knows, we might have had a better midfield than Winks/Sissoko and actually won the thing!

Woah, so easily triggered by a spinning top.

You feeling a bit hot today, sunshine?

Since Levy took over the likes of Wigan, Birmingham, Portsmouth, West Ham and, of course, Leicester have won trophies. Are these clubs all rucher than us?

It's a load of bollocks, the lengths some will go on here to defend Levy/ENIC and out lack of success under their ownership.

As for the CL final, FFS if the club had bought in a player or two in either summer 2018 or winter 2019, who knows, we might have had a better midfield than Winks/Sissoko and actually won the thing!

1. You WISH I was triggered. I'm maxing, relaxing, it ain't too taxing. You feel me, brosef.

2. Yes I am feeling hot - no air con in the office today. I think I might be dying.

3. Long Live King LEVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You do not win trophies by making 9 changes. When we did win trophies in the past we did not play weakened teams in the cup matches. That is not a hard step when not in Europe. In December we play 3 PL matches in a week but do you think he will play weakened teams in any of them? no and there was no reason for doing so at Fulham.
Don't disagree. We treat early cup tournaments with contempt.
Still doesn't change that if we get to the QF and beyond stage we'll still run into 1-3 of the 5 clubs I mentioned and we're seldom favourites in any matchup.

Don't disagree. We treat early cup tournaments with contempt.
Still doesn't change that if we get to the QF and beyond stage we'll still run into 1-3 of the 5 clubs I mentioned and we're seldom favourites in any matchup.
I do not disagree with what you are saying but we beat the top teams in some league matches and yet as you say fail every time if we meet them in Cup matches. One notable exception was beating Chelsea early on in the League cup a couple of years ago. I think that Mourinho was in charge and he really wanted to win it but the will to win never seems as strong in cup matches as in important PL matches.

I do not disagree with what you are saying but we beat the top teams in some league matches and yet as you say fail every time if we meet them in Cup matches. One notable exception was beating Chelsea early on in the League cup a couple of years ago. I think that Mourinho was in charge and he really wanted to win it but the will to win never seems as strong in cup matches as in important PL matches.
It never is. This is not only shown by the teams we put out, but also from us, the supporters. If we’d played Fulham at home a couple of weeks back, would we have had a sellout? Fuck no. Play them in the league? Of course we sell out.

People do care about cups. The club care about cups. But the league is always going to take precedence.

Edit - the argument will be that we always put out a weak side, so why attend. But I don’t believe that’s why people don’t go.

I love all the statistical bullshit being bounced around to defend Levy. It means nothing...

Statistics don't show excellence like having to give a player away to another team, because the bald headed wank gibbon doesn't know how many players we loaned out.

Or like selling Berbatov and Keane and replacing them with Bent and the sack of shit that we got from Manu, so crap that I can't even be bothered to remember his name. Screwing over Ramos after he won a cup the previous year.

Or Santini walking out the club, as he called out levy on his lying bullshit.

In the year Poch to got the CL final, Levy spent nothing, zero, the square root of fuck all supporting the manager that year.

People need to remember that statistics are only half the story.

Then the arguments come out but he is a shrewd businessman, really?

How many millions have been wasted on dead wood in wages, because he wanted the extra couple of million for a player we no longer needed?

How many millions, because of his ego, have we lost as players have walked away on a free or the fraction of the cost.

how many players did we fail to sign that would have massively improved the squad, over a million or two? resulting in millions lost by not being in Europe or the CL.

It was never about not putting the money in, it's always been the millions he spunked up the walls on bargains that no one ever wanted, resulting blowing hundreds of millions on dead wood.

Is it bad to get players on the cheap? Of course not, as long as they have been targeted as a potential asset to the squad like Solomon. But the vast majority of the time, it's just because they are cheap and that's the guiding reason for Levy. Resulting in horrendous numbers of dead wood over the years.

And we have all seen, the results of his little ego trip for the last 4 years. He always wanted Mourinho, a manager known for playing a negative style, not bringing youngsters through or developing players, then not backing him...

And when it all goes wrong, they become Levy's scape goat.

IMHO, Levy can f*ck off.

Back
Top Bottom