Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No I agree with the Spurs fans who have been calling for it for pretty much 20 years. Glad to see you remain as alert and vigilant as ever , you do deserve a holiday at some point buddy

That's not the debate though lmao

We were talking about why there's more faith in ENIC now and I pointed out what they've put in place over the last few years and you've practically agreed with me by saying you remain positive about our current direction, tell that to the bedwetters in here who for some weird reason are still angry at the club.

Read the conversation properly next time before wading in you fekin idiot 😆 stop tying to change the context of debates, dirty habit you have there.

Levy and Lewis are both bald cunts.
Cena Ooo GIF

That's not the debate though lmao

We were talking about why there's more faith in ENIC now and I pointed out what they've put in place over the last few years and you've practically agreed with me by saying you remain positive about our current direction, tell that to the bedwetters in here who for some weird reason are still angry at the club.

Read the conversation properly next time before wading in you fekin idiot 😆 stop tying to change the context of debates, dirty habit you have there.
I am merely pointing out you are saying the changes being implemented are things the fan base have been calling for. They could see what was wrong long before 3 years ago , making them far more astute on the footballing side than your beloved Daniel . Now trundle off to Butlins you really do need some rest you are getting very tetchy

ThunI am merely pointing out you are saying the changes being implemented are things the fan base have been calling for. They could see what was wrong long before 3 years ago , making them far more astute on the footballing side than your beloved Daniel . Now trundle off to Butlins you really do need some rest you are getting very tetchy

Again if you actually read my post this is exactly what I said again this time slowly.

And lol if you think there's been 20 years of failure, he has had similar setups with DOF's in charge of running the football structure in the past so I'm not entirely sure what you're on about.

Again if you actually read my post this is exactly what I said again this time slowly.

And lol if you think there's been 20 years of failure, he has had similar setups with DOF's in charge of running the football structure in the past so I'm not entirely sure what you're on about.
Yes , but if you are saying when he had other DOF’s he had stepped away and relinquished control , frankly,

Lies No GIF

I doubt many people do

Yes , but if you are saying when he had other DOF’s he had stepped away and relinquished control , frankly,

Lies No GIF

I doubt many people do

Oh so he has relinquished "total control" has he?

So why then were you having fits in here 1 week after the window opened when we hadn't got Dragusin over the line and you were blaming Daniel Levy?

You're so full of shit 😆

Also did you forgot about Baldini/Commoli?

Oh so he away has "total control" now does he?

So why then were you having fits in here 1 week after the window opened when we hadn't got Dragusin over the line and you were blaming Daniel Levy?

You're so full of shit 😆

Also did you forgot about Baldini/Commoli?
No , why , did you forget about Arnesen? Are we playing some kind of memory game ?

It is not my fault you wrote that Levy’s strategy now coincides with what the fans have been calling for , probably for almost 2 decades . It’s not my reading , it’s your( I’m sure ) accidental confession that the fans telling him to back away was the right call . Learn how to articulate you fekin idiot

I am merely pointing out you are saying the changes being implemented are things the fan base have been calling for. They could see what was wrong long before 3 years ago , making them far more astute on the footballing side than your beloved Daniel . Now trundle off to Butlins you really do need some rest you are getting very tetchy
Spot on

the fans were right to criticise him and the changes made prove that

No , why , did you forget about Arnesen? Are we playing some kind of memory game ?

Thus proving my point even further, well done :thumbup:

You literally have no idea what you're arguing about do you

It is not my fault you wrote that Levy’s strategy now coincides with what the fans have been calling for , probably for almost 2 decades . It’s not my reading , it’s your( I’m sure ) accidental confession that the fans telling him to back away was the right call . Learn how to articulate you fekin idiot

And once again you wilfully fail to grasp the basic context of the debate, if fans have been calling for this for almost 2 decades then why are this very same fans unhappy it's actually happening now?

Read the entire fucking conversation properly not the bits you're reading selectively and spinning into your own narrative...

There's no way you're this thick in real life.

Spot on

the fans were right to criticise him and the changes made prove that
If everyone followed the example of fans like Shady, Fixxy and that 'Get In' freak we'd probably be bumbling along in mid table with Nuno still at the wheel

#BackNuno . .:nunothumb:

Anyway. Some of us have a days work to do. Here's to a big win tonight in our biggest game of the season thus far :coys:

Thus proving my point even further, well done :thumbup:

You literally have no idea what you're arguing about do you

And once again you wilfully fail to grasp the basic context of the debate, if fans have been calling for this for almost 2 decades then why are this very same fans unhappy it's actually happening now?

Read the entire fucking conversation properly not the bits you're reading selectively and spinning into your own narrative...

There's no way you're this thick in real life.
I’m not unhappy it’s happening now , I just ain’t giving Levy a free pass for not stepping away before .
it’s possible to say I am happy how its going , about fucking time though . You should have done this years ago Mr Levy from the footballing side of the club

I’m not unhappy it’s happening now , I just ain’t giving Levy a free pass for not stepping away before .
it’s possible to say I am happy how its going , about fucking time though . You should have done this years ago Mr Levy from the footballing side of the club

Who the fuck is arguing that should be the case? Why are you putting up straw men arguments?

You don't see any one giving ENIC a free pass here do you?

Ffs

Would? That's the hypothetical part right there, Micky.

Seeing as you've headed down that fantasy route: that coach would have been who exactly? Which one is on the phone to Maddison or Dragusin, reeling them in? Who has the foresight to create a spine with a captain and two vice captains? Ditched Dier? Stuck Pierre on the bench? Got everybody firing as one?

There are so many variables that it's quite difficult to agree with you. I'd like to, but I'm not convinced that there was any available manager out there who would have come in amidst the mess we were in, in a soon-to-be Kane-less environment, and achieved what Ange has, good players or not. I'd argue that you're greatly underplaying his impact.

We have zero knowledge as to how any manager would have faired because there are too many variables to factor in. Let's stick to facts rather than hypothetical scenarios.

The point is that the club, since the summer we appointed Paratichi, has done well off the pitch in putting the right foundations in place so that Ange can do what he is doing - of the current starting XI 3 of the back four were bought before Postecoglu and after the Paratichi led shake-up, as were 2 of the starting midfield 3 and 2 of the front 3, you mention Dragusin as an example but in doing so you highlight a player that the new scouting department presented to Ange along with others on a shortlist in the first place (quotes straight from the manager on that which pretty much explained the clubs approach to transfers) - this is likely true for our other signings too. The fact we're seemingly the only club willing and/or able to drop money on a mid season transfer shows that the club has it's ducks in a row - we're potentially going to add 1 or 2 further signings this window too which only further demonstrates the strength of the club off the pitch - Postecoglou looks every bit a great/top manager and he could well be for all intents & purposes the best manager we could have appointed - but he, like any manager, can't succeed on his own

The point is that the club, since the summer we appointed Paratichi, has done well off the pitch in putting the right foundations in place so that Ange can do what he is doing - of the current starting XI 3 of the back four were bought before Postecoglu and after the Paratichi led shake-up, as were 2 of the starting midfield 3 and 2 of the front 3, you mention Dragusin as an example but in doing so you highlight a player that the new scouting department presented to Ange along with others on a shortlist in the first place (quotes straight from the manager on that which pretty much explained the clubs approach to transfers) - this is likely true for our other signings too. The fact we're seemingly the only club willing and/or able to drop money on a mid season transfer shows that the club has it's ducks in a row - we're potentially going to add 1 or 2 further signings this window too which only further demonstrates the strength of the club off the pitch - Postecoglou looks every bit a great/top manager and he could well be for all intents & purposes the best manager we could have appointed - but he, like any manager, can't succeed on his own
I don't disagree with any of that. Have a thumbs up and enjoy the game, mate!

Nah this thread is hilarious, there needs to be studies conducted on how football 'fans' can be so upset at their club actually doing well and improving, funny stuff man 😆

• Being part of a fandom provides a sense of community and is related to higher social self-esteem and lower levels of loneliness and alienation.
  • Team identification is the degree to which a fan views the team as an extension of self-identity.
  • Highly identified fans feel a strong psychological connection to their team, and a feeling of vicarious achievement when their team wins.
  • Dysfunctional fans have impaired social functioning, and may engage in behaviors such as confronting others and complaining.
While highly identified fans have bigger increases in positive emotions when their team wins, they also experience bigger increases in negative emotions following a loss, including anger, humiliation, and resentment. A team loss can be experienced as a threat to one's social identity, and fans who have a stronger identification with their in-group are more likely to feel angry when this happens. The vast majority of fans will follow social norms and deal with losses without infringing on anyone else’s experience. However, there is a darker side to fandom for a small number of fans, who will diverge from those norms and engage in abusive or aggressive behavior. Researchers have defined these “dysfunctional fans” as having impaired social functioning and engaging in behaviors such as confronting others and complaining. Dysfunctional fans are more likely to behave aggressively at sporting events, shouting insults to rival fans, insulting referees, or even engaging in violent acts.

The more fans identify with a team, the more they also exhibit “status seeking” behavior, a desire for respect and deference from others. Humans are social beings; we want to belong and feel a part of a group, but we also want to be higher on the social ladder so we can have more influence and more “things” that we want. Fans can gain status through the successes of their team, but that status is threatened when their team loses. When these individuals are also highly identified fans, they may pay even more attention to negative outcomes (like losing or being faced with an imminent loss), and thus have stronger reactions to that type of threat to their identity.

Whisper it, but with Ange performing miracles at Spurs, Klopp leaving at the end of the season, City facing possible relegation and the departure of Pep, Chelsea being a basket case and facing sanction as well, and Arse being Arse... could we be staring down a new era in the Premier League with a dominant Tottenham Hotspur?

What the fans have been asking for for the past 20 years was not entirely feasible during these past 20 years. It took 20 years for it to become feasible. It's like saying to a 22-year old out of college who is starting his first job to buy a Lamborghini. After 20 years hard work and proper management of his finances he is finally at a point where he can afford a Lamborghini and finally buys it. To tell him "dude, I've been telling you for 20 years to buy a Lambo and only now you bought one?" is pretty idiotic.

What the fans have been asking for for the past 20 years was not entirely feasible during these past 20 years. It took 20 years for it to become feasible. It's like saying to a 22-year old out of college who is starting his first job to buy a Lamborghini. After 20 years hard work and proper management of his finances he is finally at a point where he can afford a Lamborghini and finally buys it. To tell him "dude, I've been telling you for 20 years to buy a Lambo and only now you bought one?" is pretty idiotic.
Not many people were blindly screaming for Lamo’s, they just wanted a structured plan under professional management to buy a functional, working car. Half the time we bought a tuk tuk missing a wheel because his fave agent told him to or Donna thought it was a good idea

Does Butlins still exist? I must book my summer holiday..hi de hi

Back
Top Bottom