Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve got Levy
Daniel Levy
I just don’t think you understand
We’re like a fucking mint
Whilst you lot are fucking skint
We’ve got Daniel Levy

There you go, get that out ya fucking heads👍👍

the voice singing GIF by The Comeback HBO

This tells me everything how you view our club and how much (or little) you pay attention to what's happening or what I keep reiterating time and time again so I'll say it again for you.

That post pisses you because like every armchair keyboard fan who has such a basic understanding of football clubs you think the belief is based on short-termism, well I've got news for you, it isn't.

As I've said many times the reason why our change in fortunes is because we hired football people to run our footballing infrastructure and in particular Fabio Paratici who has turned the fortunes of our club around, from the first team, to the academy, the culture, our recruitment, even little things like changing the look of the team bus, changing the outfit of what the players wear on match days etc..when was he hired 3 years ago - you really need catch up.

So why, now do you think our academies are doing so well? why do you think our recruitment has gone up levels over the last few windows? Why do you think that the feeling at the entire club throughout is now in sync, because we have been running as a proper footballing infrastructure over the last 3 years or so

And this is because Daniel Levy has taken a step back which is what our fans have been asking our chairman to do "Take a step back from the footballing side", "He needs to stop micro managing", "He needs to put barriers up between himself and our football ops" Well how about this:

Hire a Technical Director: Johan Lange
Hire a CFO: Scott Munn
Initially hire a DOF: Fabio Paratici (although that's not his role anymore he's still working at the club in some capacity)

The hiring of Ange was just a cherry on the icing of the cake as far as the structure is concerned, none of what is happening with the first team now happens without a solid structure to support it.

You call yourself a Spurs fan but you show that you don't know what is happening at our football club, you really should do some research, the trouble with you and your ilk is that you link success and mood to league position and play style, that's not how football works mate.

Bookmark this post next time so when you go off one of your little bitch fits so you can remind yourself at what's happening at our football club so you can actually cheer yourself up, still you gained a fan in John Thomas John Thomas , least that's something I guess :thumbup:
Jesus Christ Daniel

Did you hear that Get in! Get in! if you "manned up" and confessed your undying love for ENIC then you'll get more respect from someone who cos plays as a pretend wife on an internet forum, you know what do do homie 💪

Mainly because of Ange Postecoglou. He's not the cherry; he's the cake, mate.

I get that you're talking about the infrastructure, but it's like music: you can be in the world's best studio and have a song with a rock solid structure all mapped out. You can bring in the best engineers and hire the best promoters in the business . But if you haven't got the catchy tune and the leader's not inspiring the musicians to give it their all, the result is not going to sell.

When we had Mourinho, Nuno and Conte it was mostly like listening to the underscore to Masterchef. With Ange it's 'Hey Jude'.
It's mainly Ange, I agree, but without the infrastructure in place we wouldn't have the quick signings we did, both in the summer and in January. The infrastructure has caught up to better support the manager, else we would have the same frustrations we had with Poch.

Any good manager that fits in with the clubs direction would be doing a good job here this season, quite as good as Ange or not is a hypothetical debate but the players on paper are fucking good and would almost certainly be doing well under a modern coach happy to be here and not seeing us as a step down.

Any good manager that fits in with the clubs direction would be doing a good job here this season, quite as good as Ange or not is a hypothetical debate but the players on paper are fucking good and would almost certainly be doing well under a modern coach happy to be here and not seeing us as a step down.
Would? That's the hypothetical part right there, Micky.

Seeing as you've headed down that fantasy route: that coach would have been who exactly? Which one is on the phone to Maddison or Dragusin, reeling them in? Who has the foresight to create a spine with a captain and two vice captains? Ditched Dier? Stuck Pierre on the bench? Got everybody firing as one?

There are so many variables that it's quite difficult to agree with you. I'd like to, but I'm not convinced that there was any available manager out there who would have come in amidst the mess we were in, in a soon-to-be Kane-less environment, and achieved what Ange has, good players or not. I'd argue that you're greatly underplaying his impact.

We have zero knowledge as to how any manager would have faired because there are too many variables to factor in. Let's stick to facts rather than hypothetical scenarios.

Last edited:
Would? That's the hypothetical part right there, Micky.

Seeing as you've headed down that fantasy route: that coach would have been who exactly? Which one is on the phone to Maddison or Dragusin, reeling them in? Who has the foresight to create a spine with a captain and two vice captains? Ditch Dier? Stuck Pierre on the bench? Got everybody firing as one?

There are so many variables that it's quite difficult to agree with you. I'd like to, but I'm not convinced that there was any available manager out there who would have come in amidst the mess we were in, in a soon-to-be Kane-less environment, and achieved what Ange has, good players or not. I'd argue that you're greatly underplaying his impact.

We have zero knowledge as to how any manager would have faired because there are too many variables to factor in. Let's stick to facts rather than hypothetical scenarios.

Nailed it buddy.

To add the the variables is the obscene number of injuries / suspensions. This is a guy who inherited a decent squad, but LOST Kane.

Has slowly moulded the squad into his philosophy and by the words of players, such as Madders, Dragusin, etc, was a major reason they came to Spurs.

This tells me everything how you view our club and how much (or little) you pay attention to what's happening or what I keep reiterating time and time again so I'll say it again for you.

That post pisses you because like every armchair keyboard fan who has such a basic understanding of football clubs you think the belief is based on short-termism, well I've got news for you, it isn't.

As I've said many times the reason why our change in fortunes is because we hired football people to run our footballing infrastructure and in particular Fabio Paratici who has turned the fortunes of our club around, from the first team, to the academy, the culture, our recruitment, even little things like changing the look of the team bus, changing the outfit of what the players wear on match days etc..when was he hired 3 years ago - you really need catch up.

So why, now do you think our academies are doing so well? why do you think our recruitment has gone up levels over the last few windows? Why do you think that the feeling at the entire club throughout is now in sync, because we have been running as a proper footballing infrastructure over the last 3 years or so

And this is because Daniel Levy has taken a step back which is what our fans have been asking our chairman to do "Take a step back from the footballing side", "He needs to stop micro managing", "He needs to put barriers up between himself and our football ops" Well how about this:

Hire a Technical Director: Johan Lange
Hire a CFO: Scott Munn
Initially hire a DOF: Fabio Paratici (although that's not his role anymore he's still working at the club in some capacity)

The hiring of Ange was just a cherry on the icing of the cake as far as the structure is concerned, none of what is happening with the first team now happens without a solid structure to support it.

You call yourself a Spurs fan but you show that you don't know what is happening at our football club, you really should do some research, the trouble with you and your ilk is that you link success and mood to league position and play style, that's not how football works mate.

Bookmark this post next time so when you go off one of your little bitch fits so you can remind yourself at what's happening at our football club so you can actually cheer yourself up, still you gained a fan in John Thomas John Thomas , least that's something I guess :thumbup:
So for 21 years he got it wrong but has got it right the last 3 years . The reason he has got right after 21 years of getting it wrong , you say above is because he is now doing want the fans have been calling for . Daniel Levy owes the fans a massive apology for not listening sooner . 💪💪💪.

I remain positive about the January window and our current direction . Thank you Spurs fans for coming up with a successful strategy the club could implement .

Take a bow fan base , take a bow

Bow Thank You GIF by Out of Office

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom