Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, we did receive @ £400m from CL football over, say, 4 years.

Happy?

So what happened to the £200m we didn't spend?
I bet you think I'm gonna say they pocketed it but I'm not...at least not directly. I bet they've reinvested it back into the club just like they say they have.

But the problem, from a supporter's perspective, is that the reinvestment is into balance sheet items. I've no gripe with doing it as it is their choice but doing it to the neglect of the actual 'product' is my issue. I've had the same issue with the 'youth watchers' when they say how much ENIC has invested. Sure, they've invested in the training facility and hotel thingy but those things are balance sheet items and not playing staff. We aren't shelling out money for good young players because that is even more risky than 1st team player transfers.

I have no issue with DL inveting the way he does. I've always said he's never going to spend the extra 20% to get us to the top and remain there. That is a fine way to go...and I am happier supporting a team that doesn't 'buy' success. My problem is he is not doing the 80% as effectively as he could. I agree with him that big money xfers are not the thing but he also doesn't seem to have an effective scouting network in each league like other teams in order to get those players for 20M before we have to play 50-60M one year later.

I bet you think I'm gonna say they pocketed it but I'm not...at least not directly. I bet they've reinvested it back into the club just like they say they have.

But the problem, from a supporter's perspective, is that the reinvestment is into balance sheet items. I've no gripe with doing it as it is their choice but doing it to the neglect of the actual 'product' is my issue. I've had the same issue with the 'youth watchers' when they say how much ENIC has invested. Sure, they've invested in the training facility and hotel thingy but those things are balance sheet items and not playing staff. We aren't shelling out money for good young players because that is even more risky than 1st team player transfers.

I have no issue with DL inveting the way he does. I've always said he's never going to spend the extra 20% to get us to the top and remain there. That is a fine way to go...and I am happier supporting a team that doesn't 'buy' success. My problem is he is not doing the 80% as effectively as he could. I agree with him that big money xfers are not the thing but he also doesn't seem to have an effective scouting network in each league like other teams in order to get those players for 20M before we have to play 50-60M one year later.
Thanks mate, good stuff

Scouting, yep agree with that.

What do you mean "act like a big club" in the market?

I mean, stop having an attitude like we are better than the clubs who spend vast sums of money and to stop pretending that money doesn't win trophies or equal success, because it really does, if you have the correct scouting alongside it.

Great scouting and low money = no trophies, High money and shit scouting = chance of trophies but still unlikely, High money and great scouting = Trophies more often than not.

Secure top targets and less speculative purchases, focus on areas that need improvement and improve them no matter what it takes (such as DM and a striker which we are desperate for) get targets secured early so they can get a full preseason under their belt.

We don't act like a big club outside of our infastructure, we behave like a club that wants to flirt with success but is never willing to take the financial risks to achieve it on the pitch.

So we're not going to get the profits from the extra events then?

It wasn't built to enable us to compete with the extra capacity?

The revenue stream profits are going to us.
Did you even read the THST report

We will but what John is saying is, in his opinion, it's not going to make a damn sight of difference to the business we do on the footballing side of things in terms of purchasing players to improve the team because, like our chairman has already said, he doesn't believe that spending = success.

We will but what John is saying is, in his opinion, it's not going to make a damn sight of difference to the business we do on the footballing side of things in terms of purchasing players to improve the team because, like our chairman has already said, he doesn't believe that spending = success.
Maybe, but we'll see.

We got more profit and we spent it all on the playing side.
Long may it continue.
Although we are never going to buy PL ready players even though we should

Boyhood spurs fan with the clubs best intentions at heart though

Daniel Levy

we chose football because it is the most popular sport on earth and the biggest money spinner

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom