Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sherwood was sacked because he was interim, under qualified and mouthy.
AVB was sacked because it all went to shit in the middle of the season and we got beat 5-0 at home
Harry was sacked because he thought he was gonna get the england job and didn't
Ramos was sacked because 2 points from 8 games
Jol was sacked because Ramos was supposed to be a better manager to take us to the next level
Santini was just sank.

So who were these managers that were sacked for not getting 4th? Jol possibly but then on paper Ramos seemed like a huge upgrade. Redknapp? He made a big hole for himself and yeah, if he hadn't have had us showing relegation form in his last 6 months we would have finished top 3...

See its easy to simplify things to fit your agenda but when you look at it closely it all falls apart.

Case in point: "Our best assets have been sold with monotonous regularity"
Bale wanted to leave, player agent and madrid made it impossible for us.
Modric wanted to leave, player agent and madrid made it impossible for us.
VDV wanted to leave
Berbatov wanted to leave, player agent and madrid made it impossible for us.

Are you expecting us to come out well against Real Madrid and Man United?

Now one last thing. Everyone keeps criticising the board for their ambition. So what, are you saying the people that run our club shouldn't WANT to finish in the top 4? is that what you're saying? Because they obviously DO want to finish in the top 4... it means more money. But heres the thing, we don't know what the clubs ambitions are... We aren't privy to those conversations. We don't know what Pochettino's targets are. And even if its just to finish in the top 8, WHY on fucking earth is anyone going to come out and say "as long as we get top 6 we're happy" because then the fans would be up in arms saying "oh why aren't we aiming for top 4"
and if they say we're aiming for top 4 publicly and we don't get it, theres fucking uproar. Its far easier to just deal with that in house.

All in all, why don't all the moaning cunts, and the anti enic bastards, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Let the club manager and players do their ting. If you think there are people running the club that don't want us to win every game and every trophy then you're a fucking idiot. So why don't we all sit back and just fucking enjoy the football. If you don't like it, don't go to games. Don't buy shirts. Theres no obligation. You're CHOOSING to buy into this. They aren't making you do anything. OR, start a trust, or a movement. Again you're free to do that all you like.
Sherwood was signed as a manager on an 18 month contract. Had he delivered top 4, there is not a hope in hell he would have been sacked. His record wasn't bad in spite of his idiocy.
Applying your "we don't know what is said/done behind closed doors so shut the fuck up" to Harry? Do you have evidence that he made approaches to the FA about the England job after his trial? Had he got us into CL, he wouldn't have been sacked either. Ramos? He delivered our only trophy under ENIC, had his forward line disposed of on the last day of the window & was given SHIT as a replacement. Santini was given no time at all, Jol was "too difficult to work with" etc. it must always be the managers fault mate. Our rapid turnover of managers proves that. But who employs the managers? As for shutting the fuck up & enjoying the football, I will, just to please you- once the football is enjoyable & the club delivers what the fans have been led to believe was on the horizon. Oh, I chose Tottenham long before ENIC did.

Sherwood was signed as a manager on an 18 month contract. Had he delivered top 4, there is not a hope in hell he would have been sacked. His record wasn't bad in spite of his idiocy.
Applying your "we don't know what is said/done behind closed doors so shut the fuck up" to Harry? Do you have evidence that he made approaches to the FA about the England job after his trial? Had he got us into CL, he wouldn't have been sacked either. Ramos? He delivered our only trophy under ENIC, had his forward line disposed of on the last day of the window & was given SHIT as a replacement. Santini was given no time at all, Jol was "too difficult to work with" etc. it must always be the managers fault mate. Our rapid turnover of managers proves that. But who employs the managers? As for shutting the fuck up & enjoying the football, I will, just to please you- once the football is enjoyable & the club delivers what the fans have been led to believe was on the horizon. Oh, I chose Tottenham long before ENIC did.
I don't care what anyone else does, I'm just offering a suggestion. Why concern yourself with the background shit at the club, what positivity can it bring? If you just enjoy watching our team play and not be fucking negative about shit we have no control over, you'll find life to be that little bit more enjoyable.
Even at the end there you had to add in a bit of negativity. Its just a fucking game at the end of the day. Its life and death for 90 minutes but thats it. Stand in a stadium and enjoy the good times.

Goons sell out every game

STOUT-P3752K20-Insect-Repellent-Trash-Bag.jpg

They done that little "protest" covering all the empty seats with bin bags, to protest against the prices that were keeping people away (i.e. not selling out every game by a long shot).

They should have been protesting against God's decision to allow them to exist, the miserable, polluted cunts.

Even at the end there you had to add in a bit of negativity. Its just a fucking game at the end of the day. Its life and death for 90 minutes but thats it. Stand in a stadium and enjoy the good times.
It`s much more than a game mate. Otherwise we wouldnt be spending our Friday nights posting on this messageboard.

I don't care what anyone else does, I'm just offering a suggestion. Why concern yourself with the background shit at the club, what positivity can it bring? If you just enjoy watching our team play and not be fucking negative about shit we have no control over, you'll find life to be that little bit more enjoyable.
The "background shit" is intriguing. It is almost as important to many fans as what happens on the pitch because it tells us about the direction our club is heading & whether the board share the same lofty/deluded ambitions as the fans.

"the Background shit " is more important than anything else.
A continuation of Fagnism built on accounttants football will
result in continue failure/mediocratity .

Last edited:
Didn't Santini walk out on us?

They done that little "protest" covering all the empty seats with bin bags, to protest against the prices that were keeping people away (i.e. not selling out every game by a long shot).

They should have been protesting against God's decision to allow them to exist, the miserable, polluted cunts.

But they do sell out every game. They have the cash. Why would they care if 10k ST holders, who've already paid up, elect not to show up?

For me, we get the stadium built, and then we push on from there.

"Woolwich’s match day revenue increased from £37.4m in their old Highbury stadium to over £90m in the new Emirates Stadium"

That is a monster increase. Plus the increase in club stature could help generate new, larger sponsorship allowing us to move up a level.

Is it, really. £53m is the equivalent to a decent player and a few years of his wages. In football terms £53m isn't that much.

You sign a midfielder for, say £25m and then have to have a minimum starting contract of 3 years paying £100,000 a week, that's £40m - the real cost of transfer is way more than it looks like on the surface.

That said...

Sandro went to QPR with a 3 year deal, I reckon at about £60k per week with £6m + extras, their minimum commitment looks like £15m rising to £19m if they achieve the move works out.

So perhaps it's fairer to say a decent prem midfielder would cost you around £16-17m. A striker could be far greater numbers though.

Applying your "we don't know what is said/done behind closed doors so shut the fuck up" to Harry? Do you have evidence that he made approaches to the FA about the England job after his trial?
Not to get into an argument, but he admits it in his book. He was already tapping up Rodgers to be his assistant.

He done a great job at Spurs, no denying that. :harryhmm:

But the bloke is a cunt. That is not debatable. :harrysmile:

Not to get into an argument, but he admits it in his book. He was already tapping up Rodgers to be his assistant.

He done a great job at Spurs, no denying that. :harryhmm:

But the bloke is a cunt. That is not debatable. :harrysmile:
Hmmm. He also says (about the England job) that he was incessantly asked by the media & said he was happy at spurs but it would be difficult to turn down the England job as an Englishman. He royally fucked up with that comment given that he had been well backed by the club through his trial, & I agree it made him look a proper cunt. He should have kept his thoughts to himself & not been drawn into making a comment. But I don't think he was tapping the FA up privately & there was nothing cloak & dagger in it. Any other year we would have got into the CL but for that abomination of a result in the CL final & I doubt that he would have been sacked if we had because everyone would have forgiven the comment about the England job & there would have been absolute bemusement had he been given the boot. But yes, he is a cunt & his book fuels that notion.

Hmmm. He also says (about the England job) that he was incessantly asked by the media & said he was happy at spurs but it would be difficult to turn down the England job as an Englishman. He royally fucked up with that comment given that he had been well backed by the club through his trial, & I agree it made him look a proper cunt. He should have kept his thoughts to himself & not been drawn into making a comment. But I don't think he was tapping the FA up privately & there was nothing cloak & dagger in it. Any other year we would have got into the CL but for that abomination of a result in the CL final & I doubt that he would have been sacked if we had because everyone would have forgiven the comment about the England job & there would have been absolute bemusement had he been given the boot. But yes, he is a cunt & his book fuels that notion.

Yeah but thats ignoring the fact we should have had third place wrapped up by April. And no ones saying Harry tapped up the FA, but you can't deny he put himself in the window more than an amsterdam whore.

Yeah but thats ignoring the fact we should have had third place wrapped up by April. And no ones saying Harry tapped up the FA, but you can't deny he put himself in the window more than an amsterdam whore.

and I suppose the players had nothing to do with it ?

My point is that every radio station, and every paper had Arry as the next England manager, regardless of what he may or may not have said. Without doubt this must have had an effect on the players psyche

This was, iirc, also the season where we signed Saha & Ryan Nelsen in the January window whilst we were right in the mix. They were both past it & not useful additions to a club challenging for the title-as we were at that stage. Throw in a couple of injuries & that could be as much of a reason why we didn't get 3rd spot or better as anything 'Arry did.

Back
Top Bottom