Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you? As Mad Yid Mad Yid said if Joe Lewis wanted to stick 100m into the club, he'd be allowed to.
Edit - there are also ways around FFP, one that nearly all the big European clubs do is to use amortisation to there advantage, signing a £50m player on a five year contract so it gets recorded as £10m every year instead of one big £50m lump.

Table%20July13%20max.jpg.opt860x501o0%2C0s860x501.jpg
Excellent points Kris. I don't get involved too much in FFP debates, because I'm not au fait with the details, but I was confident (because of what other clubs get away with) that we could spend more and still meet FFP rules, especially because the stadium build is something that FFP doesn't penalise, AFAIK. Your post seems to confirm that we could spend more and meet FFP rules.

It amazes me that some want our club run as a beacon of Thatcherism blended
With Reganomocs . They take great pride in these evils and forget we are
first and foremost a football club .

It amazes me that some want our club run as a beacon of Thatcherism blended
With Reganomocs . They take great pride in these evils and forget we are
first and foremost a football club .
I think its more a case of wanting our club to compete and win things.
As misguided as it may or maynot be, those asking for more investment just want us to do as well as others.

I think its more a case of wanting our club to compete and win things.
As misguided as it may or maynot be, those asking for more investment just want us to do as well as others.

I just expect the owner of a professional football club to do everything within their power to push us on and make us compete with the best or atleast try too. That's the problem when you're owned by an investment company looking to line their own pockets at every turn though, it's never going to happen is it. I wouldn't be surprised if we never won another trophy under enic to be honest as they lack the ambition to really push us on. We are more of an investment company these days than a football club and as such are no better than man shity or the chav owners, after all "There used to be a football club over there". Can't really fight it though as it's a losing battle.

it is kinda nice

BUT

personally I like kicking ass taking names and winning abit more. Football is about glory not balancing the fucking books.

I want to see Tottenham a club I've supported for close to 25 years winning trophies and challenging the big boys on and off the pitch. Under enic our trophy haul has been historically shit and it's becoming increasingly obvious to me they have no real ambition to take us any further than they have.

If they build the stadium I'll gladly admit I had them pegged wrong but I'm not convinced they're gonna do it.
I dont get that argument because its sort of saying they dont want us to finish as high as we possibly can?
Everything they've done this summer has been to make us better than we were last season.

I dont get that argument because its sort of saying they dont want us to finish as high as we possibly can?
Everything they've done this summer has been to make us better than we were last season.

and yet we'll probably still finish 6th because enic have taken us as far as they can or are willing to without any real net investment

They don't it is a side issue . As long as they maintain TV money , full houses bleed fans pockets ,and they can build the
Stadium without using funds from their own pocket they are happy bunnies . That is how investment
Companies work , maximum profit or some would say greed. Look at their mediocre record of there
last owned football clubs. Only the insane or stupid would think they have our desires of success as a priority .

They don't it is a side issue . As long as they maintain TV money , full houses bleed fans pockets ,and they can build the
Stadium without using funds from their own pocket they are happy bunnies . That is how investment
Companies work , maximum profit or some would say greed. Look at their mediocre record of there
last owned football clubs. Only the insane or stupid think they have our desires of success as a priority .
But why SHOULD a multi million pound club (business) need or require external funds?

Its really not as simple as Someone doing a bank transfer either. You all make it sound so easy but like i said earlier... if its that simple why isnt EVERY club doing it?

Many do , just look at the net spend table .
Becoming the "the worlds no 1 selling club " is something the great Bill Nick, Arthur Rowe,
Burkinshaw, El Tel would find an embarrassment and against all Spurs has stood for.

Many do , just look at the net spend table .
Becoming the "the worlds no 1 selling club " is something the great Bill Nick, Arthur Rowe,
Burkinshaw, El Tel would find an embarrassment and against all Spurs has stood for.
We're not exactly a selling club though.. We sell the occasional player for huge profit and it funds our whole squad. We're no Southampton, West Ham, Wigan etc.

and yet we'll probably still finish 6th because enic have taken us as far as they can or are willing to without any real net investment
This. Every year since they took over (2001?) Levy has banged the drum about the clubs ambitions. He is the mouthpiece for ENIC & he has hired & fired umpteen managers who failed to get us there or took the club as far as he could. Our best assets have been sold with monotonous regularity, replaced & then the manager sacked when top 4 isn't achieved. Why are we deluded when our own chairman flirts with us about the clubs ambitions?

This. Every year since they took over (2001?) Levy has banged the drum about the clubs ambitions. He is the mouthpiece for ENIC & he has hired & fired umpteen managers who failed to get us there or took the club as far as he could. Our best assets have been sold with monotonous regularity, replaced & then the manager sacked when top 4 isn't achieved. Why are we deluded when our own chairman flirts with us about the clubs ambitions?
Sherwood was sacked because he was interim, under qualified and mouthy.
AVB was sacked because it all went to shit in the middle of the season and we got beat 5-0 at home
Harry was sacked because he thought he was gonna get the england job and didn't
Ramos was sacked because 2 points from 8 games
Jol was sacked because Ramos was supposed to be a better manager to take us to the next level
Santini was just sank.

So who were these managers that were sacked for not getting 4th? Jol possibly but then on paper Ramos seemed like a huge upgrade. Redknapp? He made a big hole for himself and yeah, if he hadn't have had us showing relegation form in his last 6 months we would have finished top 3...

See its easy to simplify things to fit your agenda but when you look at it closely it all falls apart.

Case in point: "Our best assets have been sold with monotonous regularity"
Bale wanted to leave, player agent and madrid made it impossible for us.
Modric wanted to leave, player agent and madrid made it impossible for us.
VDV wanted to leave
Berbatov wanted to leave, player agent and madrid made it impossible for us.

Are you expecting us to come out well against Real Madrid and Man United?

Now one last thing. Everyone keeps criticising the board for their ambition. So what, are you saying the people that run our club shouldn't WANT to finish in the top 4? is that what you're saying? Because they obviously DO want to finish in the top 4... it means more money. But heres the thing, we don't know what the clubs ambitions are... We aren't privy to those conversations. We don't know what Pochettino's targets are. And even if its just to finish in the top 8, WHY on fucking earth is anyone going to come out and say "as long as we get top 6 we're happy" because then the fans would be up in arms saying "oh why aren't we aiming for top 4"
and if they say we're aiming for top 4 publicly and we don't get it, theres fucking uproar. Its far easier to just deal with that in house.

All in all, why don't all the moaning cunts, and the anti enic bastards, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Let the club manager and players do their ting. If you think there are people running the club that don't want us to win every game and every trophy then you're a fucking idiot. So why don't we all sit back and just fucking enjoy the football. If you don't like it, don't go to games. Don't buy shirts. Theres no obligation. You're CHOOSING to buy into this. They aren't making you do anything. OR, start a trust, or a movement. Again you're free to do that all you like.

So who were these managers that were sacked for not getting 4th? Jol possibly but then on paper Ramos seemed like a huge upgrade. Redknapp? He made a big hole for himself and yeah, if he hadn't have had us showing relegation form in his last 6 months we would have finished top 3...

See its easy to simplify things to fit your agenda but when you look at it closely it all falls apart.

Jol, Harry, and AVB were all clearly competent managers who a club that placed any value on stability would have made sure to keep. None of them were supported enough financially where their results should have been considered poor, let alone sackable.

Sherwood was sacked because he was interim, under qualified and mouthy.
AVB was sacked because it all went to shit in the middle of the season and we got beat 5-0 at home
Harry was sacked because he thought he was gonna get the england job and didn't
Ramos was sacked because 2 points from 8 games
Jol was sacked because Ramos was supposed to be a better manager to take us to the next lev.
Ahhh, yes. The 2 points from 8 games. That was the season Levy sold (for a massive profit) the most potent strike partnership in the league at the time. Remember, Berbatov and Keane. Then replaced them with Frazer Fucking Campbell on deadline day. Talk about pulling the fucking managers pants down.
:levylol:

Kris Kris , I recommend looking through the FFP thread in general football.

The kind of injection of cash you suggest is precisely the sort of thing that FFP is designed to try and stop.

Simply put, football-related revenue should match football-related expense (wages and transfers). This is why the Etihad deal raised eyebrows: what looked like a cash injection was branded a source of football-related revenue.

Similarly, RM had plans to open a RM luxury resort in the Persian Gulf. That would have counted as football-related revenue and hence allowed RM to afford higher wages and fees.

Smart clubs are reacting to FFP by figuring out how to boost that revenue (hint: sponsorship and merch), not by taking in cash injections.

For me, we get the stadium built, and then we push on from there.

"Woolwich’s match day revenue increased from £37.4m in their old Highbury stadium to over £90m in the new Emirates Stadium"

That is a monster increase. Plus the increase in club stature could help generate new, larger sponsorship allowing us to move up a level.

For me, we get the stadium built, and then we push on from there.

"Woolwich’s match day revenue increased from £37.4m in their old Highbury stadium to over £90m in the new Emirates Stadium"

That is a monster increase. Plus the increase in club stature could help generate new, larger sponsorship allowing us to move up a level.
Goons sell out every game

Back
Top Bottom