Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s probably why some people can’t just draw a line under it???

How many games a season do you go to?
Did you go more when ticket prices were less?

Other fanbases have taken a lot more action when it comes to freezing ticket prices a bit. You can’t just tolerate constantly increasing prices.

And yes, I (and extended family) used to go more when ticket prices were cheaper in the sport in general. A lot of people I know now just don’t go to PL matches due to pricing and instead go to non-league for their football fix.

The price fans pay to watch the best league in the world. Watch superstars; pay super money. The clubs can do pretty much what they want safe in the knowledge that people will pay. And no new owners will do things any differently.

I've been to two games in as many years and didn't even pay for either of the tickets because I don't want to support the club financially anymore. They're filthy rich and won't miss my money for one moment. I'm fine sitting in my armchair and watching it on the screen these days. Extortionate prices, club DJs and dancing light shows, VAR, relentless 24/7 stats and news; it's just not the game I once loved and since we moved into the new stadium, honestly not the club I remember. But I'm also getting older and grumpier with rose-tinted glasses on so my problem.

Other fanbases have taken a lot more action when it comes to freezing ticket prices a bit. You can’t just tolerate constantly increasing prices.

And yes, I (and extended family) used to go more when ticket prices were cheaper in the sport in general. A lot of people I know now just don’t go to PL matches due to pricing and instead go to non-league for their football fix.

Yeah it’s crazy expensive to take a family to spurs now.
Non league clubs do appreciate your money a lot more so going to watch non league is a win win in that sense.

And I hope they do the family tickets for the EL games. Taking my mum, dad son and nephews to games used to be very doable.

Different times I guess. Life moves on.

As a season ticket holder I don’t usually see the game by game prices. Hence my surprise. Clearly it’s been going up in the background without my focus.

Why is Newcastle now Cat A ? Even if they started that last season. What’s the rationale for that ?
They got bought by Saudi and so ENIC expects them to spend money and be good?

That's the issue. There are always six Cat A's and the 6th was historically Spam, but is now Barcodes. TBH the 6th biggest draw is one of those two when you look at the alternatives.

Yes they could change it to five Cat A's, but I doubt they want to lose the extra income. And like it or not, this way it probably pisses off the eel munchers more than it would the Saudis.
The extra income is probably around £80k.

Difference between a Cat A and a Cat C, which is what we're talking about with the 6-9-4 v 5-9-5 models is a roughly 50% cost increase C->A.

The extra income is much more than £80k. More likely £1.5M+
For one game? That might be true if you include ST but I reckon there are only 8k members tickets - what’s the difference in B to A? Times that by 8k

I wasn’t talking about the 6% across all
Games

For one game? That might be true if you include ST but I reckon there are only 8k members tickets - what’s the difference in B to A? Times that by 8k

I wasn’t talking about the 6% across all
Games
The ST price is calculated on the balance of A, B, C pricing - you can't just exclude ST income from the additional income 6-9-4 brings vs. 5-9-5. Then you have the hospitality and premium tickets, which have similar % increases.

And there are ~45k ST holders, so there's 17k+ members tickets. Those alone are probably an additional ~£500k for the single match.

The ST price is calculated on the balance of A, B, C pricing - you can't just exclude ST income from the additional income 6-9-4 brings vs. 5-9-5. Then you have the hospitality and premium tickets, which have similar % increases.

And there are ~45k ST holders, so there's 17k+ members tickets. Those alone are probably an additional ~£500k for the single match.

You have forgotten away supporters and corporate plus tickets the clubs gives to sponsors players etc etc
So 8k members tickets per game maximum seems about right.

You have forgotten away supporters and corporate plus tickets the clubs gives to sponsors players etc etc
So 8k members tickets per game maximum seems about right.
I did indeed leave out the away allocation, but that still only chisels it down to ~14k seats after ST holders. There are certainly not 6k comp tickets, that would be 10% of the ground. There's likely 1k comp tickets at the most if I had to guess.

Anyway, the larger point still stands in that you cannot exclude STs from the additional revenue of the extra Cat A match - its built into the ST pricing model.

Getting tickets as a OH+ member was incredibly frustrating last season, and almost impossible if you wanted to take one of your kids.

Next season I'll probably spend more time going to watch my nearest non-league club - £15 for both of us and 5 mins travel instead of 2hrs.

Will still get to 2 or 3 Spurs games but I'm not willing to waste 2-3hrs trying to get tickets via the ticketing site every time - will just roll the dice on Ticket Exchange.

Getting tickets as a OH+ member was incredibly frustrating last season, and almost impossible if you wanted to take one of your kids.

Next season I'll probably spend more time going to watch my nearest non-league club - £15 for both of us and 5 mins travel instead of 2hrs.

Will still get to 2 or 3 Spurs games but I'm not willing to waste 2-3hrs trying to get tickets via the ticketing site every time - will just roll the dice on Ticket Exchange.

We're already set to have another 3-4 home games more than last season - Hopefully more like 10, so it should be far easier to get tickets.

Back
Top Bottom