Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Coronavirus and reversal of the furlough scheme already being prepared as the latest excuse to not invest properly in the squad come a time when the window opens it would seem.

The club having less money is a pretty obvious outcome, no?

The only other option is to gamble on signings working out (which they rarely seem to) and put the club further into debt.

1 league cup under ENIC in over 20 years of leadership, absolutely pathetic. Worse baron spell in the clubs history.
No I don't think it is. This was posted by stevee stevee in another thread...
Try 1922 to 1951
Or 1950 if you count the 2nd division championship.

A matter of 28 or 29 years depending on your view.
Even without the war it still comes in at 24 or 25 years

"If you know your history"
Seems very apt to post here in reply to your allegation.

I mean. Be realistic. It is.

That's not being a Levy/enic defender. That's being realistic.

Being realistic doesn’t enter a lot of people’s heads where the owners are involved I’m afraid.

Why the hell would they run around saying we have fuckloads of money in what is going to be one of the most depressed markets for decades. It makes no sense. Some people must be soft in the head to believe what’s said sometimes.

Whilst I think that Tanguy will remain as our record signing for some time (did we pay per kilo?), I do think we’ll do business in whatever window comes next.

There’s a good chance we’ll come out of this a lot better than a number of other clubs and may be able to raid the lower half of the league and the championship for some strong squad depth and maybe unearth another Dele. The good Dele, not his brother.

I mean. Be realistic. It is.

That's not being a Levy/enic defender. That's being realistic.

World is going to change a lot.

Football clubs will need to change. Football players on long term contracts don’t have to change as much.

See some interesting times ahead.

(Aaron Ramsey laughing all the way to the bank - not sure we will see transfers for “ok” players with wages like that again)

Again, good points on FSG. What I really did admire that they did, was purchasing VVD. Tried to get him, told no. Tried again, went public and had to apologise. Price rising whilst all this was happening. Got him a year later. Had the balls to keep pursuing and the patience to wait. And it’s worked for them. I don’t think we’d have done that. We’d have went and bought a French lad instead.

My hindsight heavily suggests we should have built further in those windows. Why didn’t we? Fuck knows. Maybe lack of cash. Maybe thinking we’d cracked it. Maybe the manager didn’t want anyone. Maybe Levy didn’t want anyone. But we should have. Hopefully we have learned a lesson not to be repeated. But after SahaNelsenGate, I’m not convinced.

As for Jose, I know my posts on here reflect this, I've always admired him. And I thought he was a very effective manager for ManU. Ok, his behaviour would wind me up at times, as the behaviour of any arsehole would, but he’s now our arsehole. I know he’ll bring us success. It’s what he does. Just hope everyone remembers the utter shambles of a squad he took over and where we were at that point. We have improved in position, which is the only short term measure we can use. Performances take longer to get right. But we’ll get there

:avbfu::fingers:😴

There’s been an alarming change in how our “firm” are taking their violence to whole new levels. Not satisfied with spending their weekends battering and being battered by, opposition fans. Not satisfied with spending match days in the pub, because, well, supporting the club in person? Fuck that.

Now one of Spurs premiere hard men has taken things to a new level by getting up just after 5am and disagreeing with another mans posts on a football forum.

This escalation in behaviour is a concern for all, as if he has the wherewithal to hit that little cross with his monkey paw hand, whatever could he achieve next? Splitting the atom? Travel to Mars? Using cutlery? The possibilities are endless.

Police are concerned that if this disagree campaign continues that Knightbillynick Knightbillynick may get over confident and try to respond to a post using his words again. This generally doesn’t work out well, showing the “hard man” up to be of a similar intellect to the glue you get on self closing envelopes.

Our story continues as his campaign does.
Why are you doing likewise?
Cunt

When we pay our staff, that comes out of the clubs budget. A finite budget that is used to pay staff, players, club shop merchandise, food, drink, stadium, policing costs, etc. If we pay more for staff, we have less for something else.

I presume you don’t think Joe sits on his yacht putting twenties into wee brown envelopes for wages out of his own wallet?

This money is going to hit our budget somewhere. We have costs we HAVE to meet. The only ones we don’t have to meet are going to end up being new contracts for players and new signings.

If this lack of revenue lasts for a few months, look forward to a January window where we sign nobody again as we’ve not taken advantage of the support available to us.
No matter how badly I think of Daniel, compared to Joe, he's a saint. Lewis simply doesn't care. Doesn't want to know. At least Levy is at the sharp end doing something. I don't like him, never have but Lewis is the type that gives the human race a bad name.

In addition to the above, yes I do pay tax Nikesh . I have also furloughed a few employees, including myself from the company. If I didn’t, I could probably survive 9-12 months without laying anyone off. By furloughing 25% of the workforce and taking advantage of the government scheme, that extends to maybe 18 months.

Am I a struggling business, or a greedy fat cat? Where’s the cut off? And where did the government say only certain types of company could use the scheme? I’ll save £20k in salaries in two months, which isn’t a huge percentage on £2.5m revenue, but it’s a junior member of staff for me. Or a new company vehicle. Should I just accept that I’m not down to my last penny, so not do this?
Better to keep the business by having to do unpleasant unpleasant things in the short run than everyone being out of work in the long run. I feel for any small business owner having to make these decisions. It must be gut wrenching. Thank God I don't employ anyone.

Back
Top Bottom