Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Youā€™d better be sure who the cult is because youā€™ve just joined by posting that.
koolaid_man.png

Sup from my heavy jugs.
Just trying to better illustrate the cult. But reading through this I don't see you and JT (whose point I'm more sympathetic to) too far away in positions...and that is about where I find myself. And this middle position is also about where FSG does things, more focus on the actual 'product', and thus the on-field success. It's not a one-off with FSG and contrary to you not seeing a huge difference (or whatever qualifier you used) there is one.

All down to the owners that are rarely there. Yep. Sorry for not understanding your very salient point, brother.

Here was me thinking the players and the management team were the ones winning. And all the time it was a couple of guys thousands of miles away.
You seem to be disparaging the contributions of FSG for the same things you credit ENIC. Or does 'being there' count for more?

Also, when you have someone on ignore, it shows their name, not just their post. Bit of a giveaway of a fake ignore when StarWarsTwat claims he doesnā€™t know who ChesterTwat is responding to.
This doesn't happen on mine. I do not see the folks I have on ignore except in replies by other people...sometimes. Their childish ratings do show though. Case should have a look at that. But I do find the 'fake ignore' things as tedious as you do. Why do folks need to make public proclamations? It's so weak.

Now fuck off you cultist. :sonlol:

Just trying to better illustrate the cult. But reading through this I don't see you and JT (whose point I'm more sympathetic to) too far away in positions...and that is about where I find myself. And this middle position is also about where FSG does things, more focus on the actual 'product', and thus the on-field success. It's not a one-off with FSG and contrary to you not seeing a huge difference (or whatever qualifier you used) there is one.

You seem to be disparaging the contributions of FSG for the same things you credit ENIC. Or does 'being there' count for more?

This doesn't happen on mine. I do not see the folks I have on ignore except in replies by other people...sometimes. Their childish ratings do show though. Case should have a look at that. But I do find the 'fake ignore' things as tedious as you do. Why do folks need to make public proclamations? It's so weak.

Now fuck off you cultist. :sonlol:
John and I arenā€™t too far apart, no. Iā€™m sure we both have the best interests of the club at heart in the end. We just differ on who should be steering the ship.

FSG are obviously doing a good job at Liverpool, all I was suggesting was that, similar to ENIC, the only cash or support they give is in bricks and mortar. They arenā€™t punting millions of their cash into improving the squad. Unlike Man City, who are being royally pumped by Liverpool in the league.

If all it took for us to be massively successful was an owner that stuck his own cash in, Man C and Everton would run the planet. But they donā€™t because there are so many other issues that effect performance. Liverpoolā€™s success is more down to effective scouting and a patient approach to that scouting. Add in a great manager and FSG are a small part of the success.

Weird about the ignore thing. I get a wee box that pops up and says Zest - you are ignoring posts from this user. Presumed everyone else did too.

Cultist? Been called worse. Today. And itā€™s only 3am.

FSG are obviously doing a good job at Liverpool, all I was suggesting was that, similar to ENIC, the only cash or support they give is in bricks and mortar. They arenā€™t punting millions of their cash into improving the squad. Unlike Man City, who are being royally pumped by Liverpool in the league.
Agreed...on this particular point. And this is where I take the cherry-flavored from you. But FSG have also been a part of the talent ID and procurement part as well. And working in cahoots with your manager is something to be credited. Can't say the same for us. And it hasn't worked out swimmingly. And this is where I down the jug JT is carrying. It seems there is a pennywise pound foolish situation going on here. And trying to eek out 1 more CL qualification without rebuilding supports this.

Liverpoolā€™s success is more down to effective scouting and a patient approach to that scouting. Add in a great manager and FSG are a small part of the success.
Yes, and much of that is FSG, not a 'small part'. Again, this is not a one-off. They have an even bigger 'product' where they have done this for going on 20 years. They are good. And they put smart people into positions to make smart decisions. And beyond that they didn't hire Jose...which at this point should be a demerit for any chairman. Many took the piss out of Ed Woodward for doing it...Levy did it after him. But we could win the CL and PL in the next 2 years and it will look like a stroke of genius. Hold on a sec while I hold my breath.

Weird about the ignore thing. I get a wee box that pops up and says Zest - you are ignoring posts from this user. Presumed everyone else did too.
Only sometimes for me. Otherwise it's just random replies completely out of context. Unfortunately, the folks I have on ignore seem to be the most prolific. It's peaceful but it really botches up threads.

Cultist? Been called worse. Today. And itā€™s only 3am.
Was only joking of course. I am able to have civil discourse...even with those with whom I disagree...until they get foolish...and they always do. So in anticipation of that, ****! j/k of course.

Agreed...on this particular point. And this is where I take the cherry-flavored from you. But FSG have also been a part of the talent ID and procurement part as well. And working in cahoots with your manager is something to be credited. Can't say the same for us. And it hasn't worked out swimmingly. And this is where I down the jug JT is carrying. It seems there is a pennywise pound foolish situation going on here. And trying to eek out 1 more CL qualification without rebuilding supports this.

Yes, and much of that is FSG, not a 'small part'. Again, this is not a one-off. They have an even bigger 'product' where they have done this for going on 20 years. They are good. And they put smart people into positions to make smart decisions. And beyond that they didn't hire Jose...which at this point should be a demerit for any chairman. Many took the piss out of Ed Woodward for doing it...Levy did it after him. But we could win the CL and PL in the next 2 years and it will look like a stroke of genius. Hold on a sec while I hold my breath.

Only sometimes for me. Otherwise it's just random replies completely out of context. Unfortunately, the folks I have on ignore seem to be the most prolific. It's peaceful but it really botches up threads.

Was only joking of course. I am able to have civil discourse...even with those with whom I disagree...until they get foolish...and they always do. So in anticipation of that, ****! j/k of course.
Again, good points on FSG. What I really did admire that they did, was purchasing VVD. Tried to get him, told no. Tried again, went public and had to apologise. Price rising whilst all this was happening. Got him a year later. Had the balls to keep pursuing and the patience to wait. And itā€™s worked for them. I donā€™t think weā€™d have done that. Weā€™d have went and bought a French lad instead.

My hindsight heavily suggests we should have built further in those windows. Why didnā€™t we? Fuck knows. Maybe lack of cash. Maybe thinking weā€™d cracked it. Maybe the manager didnā€™t want anyone. Maybe Levy didnā€™t want anyone. But we should have. Hopefully we have learned a lesson not to be repeated. But after SahaNelsenGate, Iā€™m not convinced.

As for Jose, I know my posts on here reflect this, I've always admired him. And I thought he was a very effective manager for ManU. Ok, his behaviour would wind me up at times, as the behaviour of any arsehole would, but heā€™s now our arsehole. I know heā€™ll bring us success. Itā€™s what he does. Just hope everyone remembers the utter shambles of a squad he took over and where we were at that point. We have improved in position, which is the only short term measure we can use. Performances take longer to get right. But weā€™ll get there

Hopefully we have learned a lesson not to be repeated. But after SahaNelsenGate, Iā€™m not convinced.
You're right dude , we never learn in 20 years . We are too restricted which constantly leaves us short.
Most of us can't see any change there brother , hence our non belief in our hierarchy.
FSG are miles ahead in realising success on the field guarantees a successful business model.
We have improved in position, which is the only short term measure we can use. Performances take longer to get right. But weā€™ll get there
Fair point brother. Many of us find Mourinhos football unwatchable. It was a shambles but is it really any better?
We have no chance getting there as the hierarchy will not follow the balanced FSG model.
After 20 years of this many feel little hope as we will not change.

Thereā€™s been an alarming change in how our ā€œfirmā€ are taking their violence to whole new levels. Not satisfied with spending their weekends battering and being battered by, opposition fans. Not satisfied with spending match days in the pub, because, well, supporting the club in person? Fuck that.

Now one of Spurs premiere hard men has taken things to a new level by getting up just after 5am and disagreeing with another mans posts on a football forum.

This escalation in behaviour is a concern for all, as if he has the wherewithal to hit that little cross with his monkey paw hand, whatever could he achieve next? Splitting the atom? Travel to Mars? Using cutlery? The possibilities are endless.

Police are concerned that if this disagree campaign continues that Knightbillynick Knightbillynick may get over confident and try to respond to a post using his words again. This generally doesnā€™t work out well, showing the ā€œhard manā€ up to be of a similar intellect to the glue you get on self closing envelopes.

Our story continues as his campaign does.

The Glaziers have done fucking well out of Man Utd. All the grief Levy gets and itā€™s not a patch on what the Man Utd owners have done to their club. Theyā€™ve made a fortune. No point selling either, just take the money.

Its scary to think how much money United would have had/would now have to spend on their team if they hadn't been saddled with the debt - that extra Ā£1bn would be on the pitch and completely in line with FFP.

Coronavirus and reversal of the furlough scheme already being prepared as the latest excuse to not invest properly in the squad come a time when the window opens it would seem.

100%. Until people realise we will never be successful under this lot, the better. If fan power got them to change their mind in regards to the furlough scheme, then I would love to see us hound these lot out and sell up. Nothing more I would like than to see ENIC and Levy fuck off out this club and new ambitious owners take over. Not only are they a complete embarrassment to this club with god awful PR in the last year with the amazon documentary, furlough saga etc, they make ridiculous decisions in the transfer market to. 1 league cup under ENIC in over 20 years of leadership, absolutely pathetic. Worse baron spell in the clubs history.

Back
Top Bottom