Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's this exercise in management workshops for negotiation etc, also used in language classrooms. Two people debate some subject or other, it doesn't matter which. A has to be in favour of the idea, B against it. After a certain random time, a bell rings and they have to immediately swap over and argue the other side, mid-sentence if need be. And so on, back and forth.

That moment when those arguing the inexcusable, unforgivable position morphed seamlessly into the excusable and forgivable was just like that, there wasn't even a hiccup

Or as Groucho Marx once said, "These are my principles. If you don't like them... well, I have others"

VF0L95D1--253x180.jpg
Hard no.

ENIC purchased a sleeping giant for relative peanuts just before the PL cash bonanaza materialised. They've seen the value of their asset increase probably 50 fold since.
They're in it for the money, mate. And they're making a mint.
If they're in for the glory then they've failed fucking miserably.

I never said they weren’t in it for the money, that’s always been the case, what’s the problem with that, every owner is. The Glaziers are just doing better at sweating their asset with minimal effort. Old Trafford is in desperate need of tarting up yet they don’t look to have the impetus to do it. Levy put loads of effort into delivering the stadium (it’s been documented). They’ve no ambition to improve old Trafford because it already brings in loads of cash despite it be decrepit. They’ll make money when they sell Man U too.

There's this exercise in management workshops for negotiation etc, also used in language classrooms. Two people debate some subject or other, it doesn't matter which. A has to be in favour of the idea, B against it. After a certain random time, a bell rings and they have to immediately swap over and argue the other side, mid-sentence if need be. And so on, back and forth.

That moment when those arguing the inexcusable, unforgivable position morphed seamlessly into the excusable and forgivable was just like that, there wasn't even a hiccup

Or as Groucho Marx once said, "These are my principles. If you don't like them... well, I have others"

VF0L95D1--253x180.jpg
Good idea

John Thomas John Thomas ,how about it.
You become a Levy fan boy and I'll join the LOB?

ENIC purchased a sleeping giant for relative peanuts just before the PL cash bonanaza materialised. They've seen the value of their asset increase probably 50 fold since.
They're in it for the money, mate. And they're making a mint.
If they're in for the glory then they've failed fucking miserably.
Add to that even the biggest ENIC fan worries/thinks they could sell us to terrible new owners. Doesn't sound like the act of people who love the club.

I have no worries on that score.
That's funny. When mentioned selling to new owners, we get lots of posts about how bad or evil the new owners might be. Not sure why people keep bringing that up if they don't think ENIC would sell to bad or evil owners. So you should all be ok if enic sold up as they would make sure its good owners. You all had nothing to fear after all.

That's funny. When mentioned selling to new owners, we get lots of posts about how bad or evil the new owners might be. Not sure why people keep bringing that up if they don't think ENIC woild sell to bad or evil owners. So you should all be ok if enic sold up as they would make sure its good owners. You all had nothing to fear after all.
Yep
Not that they're going to sell any time soon.
Irrespective of coronavirus

Add to that even the biggest ENIC fan worries/thinks they could sell us to terrible new owners. Doesn't sound like the act of people who love the club.
Why does worrying if the new owners would be worse, make anyone love the club less?

Or are you just being snide?

That's funny. When mentioned selling to new owners, we get lots of posts about how bad or evil the new owners might be. Not sure why people keep bringing that up if they don't think ENIC would sell to bad or evil owners. So you should all be ok if enic sold up as they would make sure its good owners. You all had nothing to fear after all.
I see Newcastle are getting bought out and will be in the hands of new owners soon, with the potential backing I could see them being a threat within a couple of years.
Unless we get something sorted soon our top six place might be under threat, that could be a good investment for their club and area.

Dude a European Champions league winner , this year's premier title ( virus goes)
Ambition and purpose on the pitch.
You just don't quite get it brother.
All down to the owners that are rarely there. Yep. Sorry for not understanding your very salient point, brother.

Here was me thinking the players and the management team were the ones winning. And all the time it was a couple of guys thousands of miles away.

Most bods have you on ignore.Your boring
*you’re.

For what it’s worth, I don’t find you boring. I did call you my favourite yesterday.

Also, when you have someone on ignore, it shows their name, not just their post. Bit of a giveaway of a fake ignore when StarWarsTwat claims he doesn’t know who ChesterTwat is responding to.

You cunts need to up your game a bit.

*you’re.

For what it’s worth, I don’t find you boring. I did call you my favourite yesterday.

Also, when you have someone on ignore, it shows their name, not just their post. Bit of a giveaway of a fake ignore when StarWarsTwat claims he doesn’t know who ChesterTwat is responding to.

You cunts need to up your game a bit.
Cunts 😱 :vdvdive:

Back
Top Bottom