Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im not a Levy lover (I’m a realist) but didn’t we spend over £100 million last summer and were one of the biggest spenders in January? I suspect there would have been a similar outlay this summer were it not for the virus. If that doesn’t point to things changing then I’m not sure what does.

But like I always say when somebody posts something like this, it’s not always spending the most, it’s who you spend your money on. If that needs explaining, then you really haven’t been paying attention.

What are you basing the "would have been a similar outlay this summer" on? I think it is tough to make your argument when a big piece seems to be based on a highly debatable hypothetical.

Our January spending seems like a negative more than a positive for Levy as he didn't come close to spending what we needed on a glaring hole at striker. If he is unwilling to spend when there is such a clear and desperate need like we had there is not a whole lot of confidence that he will spend when the holes are present but not so clearly obvious.

And of course it will take more than one big summer spending (especially when the money was spent so poorly) to erase the zero transfer spending he made history with before that.

Serious question to the Levy lovers, we've had 10 years of austerity prior to building the stadium, how many more years until you get the hump with it?
It's been mentioned we shouldn't expect too much before the thing's paid off.
That's another 30 years or so, taking us to 50 years since ENIC took over.

By which time Levy will be 88, Lewis will be 113, i'll have handed over my fighting cock password to my lad, and Airfixx Airfixx will still be complaining about oil barons and sheikhs while we're doing things the right way.

Yeah, half a century sounds reasonable to me

Have you got a Spurs/Millwall one?

Ha ha ha.... you actually got me googling for one, but it appears they don’t exist. Millwall Man Utd FA cup final 2004 are still available but who ever makes these things doesn’t understand football culture; probably Daniel and his paraffin tank friends, thinking that we are as thick as those nearly dead pancake, bacon, and syrup eating pricks 😂

I’ve got Steve Hodge’s 1991 semi final shirt - I demanded it 😂. I also have Andy Roberts’ shirt - last day at the Den- had to fight for it and left feeling like a mugger- but I still have both on my wall and a two and two scarf would fit in our household - but only on the wall!

It's been mentioned we shouldn't expect too much before the thing's paid off.
That's another 30 years or so, taking us to 50 years since ENIC took over.

By which time Levy will be 88, Lewis will be 113, i'll have handed over my fighting cock password to my lad, and Airfixx Airfixx will still be complaining about oil barons and sheikhs while we're doing things the right way.

Yeah, half a century sounds reasonable to me
Tellingly, it's not the narrative the ENIC fanboys sold us back in the day is it?

That's subtly changed in the last two years as well, from "Build the stadium and we'll compete" to "Build the stadium and we'll compete but it obviously won't be straight away". I suspected at the time it wouldn't be so simple, that profits would come some way before pride, nodding sagely to myself as we were asked to temper our expectations.

I didn't expect it to leap forward so fast though, I must admit. I rather thought it would be drip-drip-drip, "It's only been five years", "It's only been ten years"...

Ha ha ha.... you actually got me googling for one, but it appears they don’t exist. Millwall Man Utd FA cup final 2004 are still available but who ever makes these things doesn’t understand football culture; probably Daniel and his paraffin tank friends, thinking that we are as thick as those nearly dead pancake, bacon, and syrup eating pricks 😂

I’ve got Steve Hodge’s 1991 semi final shirt - I demanded it 😂. I also have Andy Roberts’ shirt - last day at the Den- had to fight for it and left feeling like a mugger- but I still have both on my wall and a two and two scarf would fit in our household - but only on the wall!

No one cares.

Wormwood Scrubs allows you to decorate your cell then ?

:harryhmm:

Hey ENIC /Levy lovers. If any of you can defend this I'll be impressed

So we're told that COVID is going to have a big impact on football and teams ability to spend money.

Well already this window we've seen
- Bayern spend £40m on Sane , Inter £40m on Hakimi , Chelsea £50m on Werner. Granted Bayern's finances are better than our's but Inter and Chelsea are not run better than us , so where did all there money appear from?

Then you've got predicted losses...
Dortmund are predicted to lose £40m from this pandemic , whereas Tottenham are predicted to lose £200m , please explain to me how Tottenham are predicted to lose x5 the amount.
Well of course they are not , Mr Levy has leaked some very big figures and bullshitted everyone , granted Dortmund started playing a month before but Tottenham still will recieve TV revenue because the season has resumed , So are you telling me a few concerts and Tottenham's pricier tickets equate to £160m? Yeah give over..

And then the biggest one , good luck defending this one
If we are predicted to lose £200m , well that's ok we got a £175m loan , which means only £25m isnt covered and when Levy has previously said they already have a budget ringfenced for transfers , how ON EARTH can we not afford to buy Hojberg without selling first , when we would only be losing £25m.

I knew the excuses would flood in as soon as football shut down , pandemic or not Levy/ENIC are vile and if we want to not become the next Woolwich we gotta stop accepting this happening at our club.

So we're told that COVID is going to have a big impact on football and teams ability to spend money.

- Bayern spend £40m on Sane , Inter £40m on Hakimi , Chelsea £50m on Werner. Granted Bayern's finances are better than our's but Inter and Chelsea are not run better than us , so where did all there money appear from?

Dortmund are predicted to lose £40m from this pandemic , whereas Tottenham are predicted to lose £200m , please explain to me how Tottenham are predicted to lose x5 the amount.
Well of course they are not , Mr Levy has leaked some very big figures and bullshitted everyone , granted Dortmund started playing a month before but Tottenham still will recieve TV revenue because the season has resumed , So are you telling me a few concerts and Tottenham's pricier tickets equate to £160m? Yeah give over..

If we are predicted to lose £200m , well that's ok we got a £175m loan , which means only £25m isnt covered and when Levy has previously said they already have a budget ringfenced for transfers , how ON EARTH can we not afford to buy Hojberg without selling first , when we would only be losing £25m.

I knew the excuses would flood in as soon as football shut down , pandemic or not Levy/ENIC are vile and if we want to not become the next Woolwich we gotta stop accepting this happening at our club.
Chelsea has a plus £87m transfer profit last summer after selling Hazard and a few others and currently got money for Morata £50m & Pasalic £13m this year.

So they had plenty money to splash out.

Have you any sources, or are you just spouting?

Back
Top Bottom