Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey ENIC /Levy lovers. If any of you can defend this I'll be impressed

So we're told that COVID is going to have a big impact on football and teams ability to spend money.

Well already this window we've seen
- Bayern spend £40m on Sane , Inter £40m on Hakimi , Chelsea £50m on Werner. Granted Bayern's finances are better than our's but Inter and Chelsea are not run better than us , so where did all there money appear from?

Then you've got predicted losses...
Dortmund are predicted to lose £40m from this pandemic , whereas Tottenham are predicted to lose £200m , please explain to me how Tottenham are predicted to lose x5 the amount.
Well of course they are not , Mr Levy has leaked some very big figures and bullshitted everyone , granted Dortmund started playing a month before but Tottenham still will recieve TV revenue because the season has resumed , So are you telling me a few concerts and Tottenham's pricier tickets equate to £160m? Yeah give over..

And then the biggest one , good luck defending this one
If we are predicted to lose £200m , well that's ok we got a £175m loan , which means only £25m isnt covered and when Levy has previously said they already have a budget ringfenced for transfers , how ON EARTH can we not afford to buy Hojberg without selling first , when we would only be losing £25m.

I knew the excuses would flood in as soon as football shut down , pandemic or not Levy/ENIC are vile and if we want to not become the next Woolwich we gotta stop accepting this happening at our club.
Just an update
Despite Dortmund's £40m losses , today they are signing a bright young English talent for £20m

Wonder how they scraped that cash together :?

And predictably win fuck all again because the manager isn’t good enough and our best players are now average.
You cannot reasonably conclude this Sammy. You are free to hold this opinion but at no point did Poch actually have the team to realistically be expected to win. You can say but we got 'there' and he failed to capture X, Y, or Z and you would be right. But our most recent example of a successful coach lost tons of finals until last season and just won the PL.

We always needed more/better players and were always ahead of schedule ie our play was ahead of our mentality. And beyond that we needed a few more starters with cutting edge and more depth. Poch coming back would be a mistake I hope he doesn't make. DL/ENIC will still be here cutting him off at the knees and giving him player number 3 or 4 on the xfer depth chart.

Last edited:
You cannot reasonably conclude this Sammy. You are free to hold this opinion but at no point did Poch actually have the team to realistically be expected to win.
Not this again......in seasons we beat City, Chelsea and Utd in the PL and finished above them, why didn’t we have the team to beat them in a cup?
How did Leicester have the team? But not us?
How did we lose to Leicester at WHL and throw away 0-2 v Chelsea and lose to West Ham and draw with Woolwich who had ten men?

Winning Mentality. Or lack of it.

You can’t teach it if you don’t have it yourself.

Just an update
Despite Dortmund's £40m losses , today they are signing a bright young English talent for £20m

Wonder how they scraped that cash together :?

Sancho most likely on his way out for 100 mill. But I know what you mean, if they need to buy they will find a way

Grealish
Bruno Fernades
Dybala

All players with a cutting edge we lack that we had on a plate to sign. All now coming nowhere near us. This is the problem. We need a DoF with the footballing sense to land up and coming quality before bigger clubs take note and buy.

January 2019 our squad was clearly knackered and spent. We did fuck all about it - as in previous years - with the end result being we literally have material weaknesses in every department.

Spurs link themselves with World Class players Man Utd buy them, we are comparable with teams like West Ham and Palace in terms of expenditure and will never sign bonafide world class talent under Enic

Spurs link themselves with World Class players Man Utd buy them, we are comparable with teams like West Ham and Palace in terms of expenditure and will never sign bonafide world class talent under Enic
Thats why I was surprised so many thought dyabla was a done deal. & started sarcastically saying "levy never spends" whilst laughing with each other. That is the sort of move a big club like man utd do, not us.

This may be 2 decades old, but we all know a leopard never changes it's spots.

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

We've been mugged, guys.
Shameless cancerous snakes

You cannot reasonably conclude this Sammy. You are free to hold this opinion but at no point did Poch actually have the team to realistically be expected to win. You can say but we got 'there' and he failed to capture X, Y, or Z and you would be right. But our most recent example of a successful coach lost tons of finals until last season and just won the PL.

We always needed more/better players and were always ahead of schedule ie our play was ahead of our mentality. And beyond that we needed a few more starters with cutting edge and more depth. Poch coming back would be a mistake I hope he doesn't make. DL/ENIC will still be here cutting him off at the knees and giving him player number 3 or 4 on the xfer depth chart.
Fucking brilliant post.

So we get new owners, and some of you get your wet dream and he brings back Poch, we buy Eriksen back, we play Dele, Ndombele, sign a CM and two full backs (now remember the levels you want is Wan Bissaka/Max Aaron’s), build the “best Spurs team In decades”, play the best football “in my lifetime”, pay Poch 9M a year.....fuck it, 12M, give Kane, Dele, and Eriksen huge pay rises, build the entire midfield around Ndombele and Lo Celso....

And predictably win fuck all again because the manager isn’t good enough and our best players are now average.

Then what?
When Poch wanted real quality to fix the issues and even went public Levy put his phone on silent

When Klopp wanted real quality to fix the issues - he got the best keeper and CB available and is now European and English champion

Not this again......in seasons we beat City, Chelsea and Utd in the PL and finished above them, why didn’t we have the team to beat them in a cup?
Oh Sammy. To make this argument would signal an astounding lack of understanding on football ie league vs cup comps.

Winning Mentality. Or lack of it.
As I said our play was more advanced than our mentality as we were ahead of schedule. Are you just going to ask things I've already acknowledged? Coaches grow and learn too and I'd like to add that you are no measure of judging a manager. Didn't you say Mou was the fucking man because he was a winner? What the fuck do you know then?

You can’t teach it if you don’t have it yourself.
No, but like most things that can be learned you need the right tools and environment conducive for such edification.

That was too easy Sammy. Corona got you off your game?

Nothing will change if people don't make a fuss
Otherwise we'll been waiting for Uncle Joe to pop his clogs before anything happens. He's 83 but it could still be 20 years ...
Making a fuss won’t bother Levy. The only way we could initiate change would be to hit him in his pocket. That means things like boycotting games, not buying merchandise. That’ll never happen though.

Nothing will change if people don't make a fuss
Otherwise we'll been waiting for Uncle Joe to pop his clogs before anything happens. He's 83 but it could still be 20 years ...

It's like West Ham's sack the board tho isn't it, you can't sack the board, the only way to get the point across is to stop spending your money on Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom