Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think any other club in the league has supporters that have been so brainwashed by the owners than ours.

Some of the excuses for them is beyond any form of rational thought, ENIC have a genuine fan club it seems, embarrassing.
Thing is they aren’t as utterly useless as many owners, but fuck me what a blind spot they have on the football side of things

I'm actually ENIC in. As an owner ENIC doesn't withdraw a lot of money (that I'm aware of), and they don't add a lot of money. They let the club run it self like a company. I'm pretty happy with that, because what is the alternative, the club being run like a toy by an Arabic Prince? So I'm ENIC in.

When it comes to Levy, I'm also Levy in. Ha has taken this club from mid table top fighting for top 4 and from mid table economically to the world's 10th biggest club. We have a new stadium that will host other events and bring lots of cash in. Levy is a great company leader. And again what is the alternative. So I'm Levy in

As for the sporting side of the "company"I think Levy has got to step down. He needs to create a world class sporting organisation including analysis (moneyball + people), training, scouting, club red line, vision, strategy, including buying, selling players and negotiating. But can he and will he be able to do that?

Last edited:
I'm actually ENIC in. As an owner ENIC doesn't withdraw a lot of money (that I'm aware of), and they don't add a lot of money. They let the club run it self like a company. I'm pretty happy with that, because what is the alternative, the club being run like a toy by an Arabic Prince? So I'm ENIC in.

When it comes to Levy, I'm also Levy in. Ha has taken this club from mid table top fighting for top 4 and from mid table economically to the world's 10th biggest club. We have a new stadium that will host other events and bring lots of cash in. Levy is a great company leader. And again what is the alternative. So I'm Levy in

As for the sporting side of the "company"I think Levy has got to step down. He needs to create a world class sporting organisation including analysis (moneyball + people), training, scouting, club red line, vision, strategy, including buying, selling players and negotiating. But can be and will he be able to do that?
I don't think he can step away.
I get the impression he is a control freak,that is like a kid playing FIFA.
Purely from a money perspective,i doubt many will fault his business mind.But we are a football club,and our fans would like to win a trophy every now and then,if possible.If he could walk away from the football side, i would be happy with the current set up, but as i said,i don't think he can.

"To Dare is Too Dear". Excellent sign whoever made that up which sums up ENIC perfectly.
That's a clever one isn't it.

First time i saw it was Jose's first game away at West Ham.
Purely from a money perspective,i doubt many will fault his business mind.But we are a football club,and our fans would like to win a trophy every now and then,if possible.If he could walk away from the football side, i would be happy with the current set up, but as i said,i don't think he can.
Nail on the head. He wants to run everything, on a micro basis.

This came to bite him in the arse on the stadium build, with some of the contracts, and nobody taking full responsibility as he was overseeing too many contracts / aspects of the build. Impossible to do on a personal level.

If he can not let go of control and create sporting division I'm not sure what I think. To be honest I'm a bit afraid of the alternatives.

Kasper Schmeical was on TV earlier saying that the family who own Leicester run the club as a passion rather than as a business. Enic run Spurs as a business and nothing else

When it comes to Levy, I'm also Levy in. Ha has taken this club from mid table top fighting for top 4 and from mid table economically to the world's 10th biggest club.
I think ENIC's stewardship of the club is pretty well summed up by the fact that Spurs were one of the Big Five whose desire to gain additional TV revenue led to the breakaway Premier League, and thirty years on Spurs are one of the Big Six whose desire to gain additional TV revenue led to the breakaway European Super League.

Through a transformational period in the sport, ENIC have maintained our standing as a business operation and put the club on sound financial and infrastructural footing to compete for major honors as we continue forward.

But, in their unwillingness to invest in the playing squad or to put the football operation under the control of proper football people the way the modern game demands, it is clear that they are not the leadership necessary to have success going forward. We have the stadium, we have the training ground, we have the long-term sponsorship deals, we have the market penetration abroad, there is nothing more for ENIC to do. There is no further gold leaf to apply to Spurs as a business, there is either winning or shrinkage of the club's value and revenue, and winning is something ENIC both can't and won't do.

ENIC was a success and ENIC cannot succeed. Both are true.

Kasper Schmeical was on TV earlier saying that the family who own Leicester run the club as a passion rather than as a business. Enic run Spurs as a business and nothing else
I have no problem with that, it’s the fact they run the football side so badly that annoys me
I think ENIC's stewardship of the club is pretty well summed up by the fact that Spurs were one of the Big Five whose desire to gain additional TV revenue led to the breakaway Premier League, and thirty years on Spurs are one of the Big Six whose desire to gain additional TV revenue led to the breakaway European Super League.

Through a transformational period in the sport, ENIC have maintained our standing as a business operation and put the club on sound financial and infrastructural footing to compete for major honors as we continue forward.

But, in their unwillingness to invest in the playing squad or to put the football operation under the control of proper football people the way the modern game demands, it is clear that they are not the leadership necessary to have success going forward. We have the stadium, we have the training ground, we have the long-term sponsorship deals, we have the market penetration abroad, there is nothing more for ENIC to do. There is no further gold leaf to apply to Spurs as a business, there is either winning or shrinkage of the club's value and revenue, and winning is something ENIC both can't and won't do.

ENIC was a success and ENIC cannot succeed. Both are true.
there is shrinking of the clubs revenue and value to come - down 15% last year, will be another 10% at least this year and only half of that is due to Covid

downward spiral underway from a business and football perspective

he has to get some investment into the club this summer, sell a 10% stake or something as we need to do 250M to cover the rebuild and to try and compete for CL again

As for the sporting side of the "company"I think Levy has got to step down. He needs to create a world class sporting organisation including analysis (moneyball + people), training, scouting, club red line, vision, strategy, including buying, selling players and negotiating. But can he and will he be able to do that?
Agree with all this apart from the great company leader..... I don’t see any leadership from him

Back
Top Bottom