Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think today shows him up for the inept prick he is. Whilst he constantly holds back and holds us back, Leicester go and win an FA Cup 5 years after a league title. Meaning they've won twice as much in 1/4 of the time and both trophies are bigger than anything we've won in 30 years.

Our fans often try to dismiss City and Chelsea as having no history. But our success is now so far back in history many of our fans wouldn't have been born when we were last one of the big clubs.
Let's be real, between 1991 and 2021 we ain't much better of than Wet Sham.
Only reason we even get into the conversation as a big club these days is the fact that we are in London and have a fantastic stadium.
Trophies wise we are fuck all, we are a meme.

Can't even hide behind the money excuse when Leicester can manage to win thing with less revenue than us.

I keep saying it until Levy and ENIC go we will continue to be a small club with a great stadium.

I think he genuinely believes he's sitting on a better squad than Leicester and that he and Hitchen are smarter than the marketplace and will have massive success with the right manager.

It's not that he doesn't want to or care about winning. He wouldn't be so insanely impatient if that were the case. It's that he can't imagine the possibility he's ever wrong about anything, or that anyone could do any part of his absurdly overbroad job better than he can.
He is basically slap head Jose, no wonder he was so besotted

You haven't done anything other than say Big 5, Big 5, Big 5 as though it actually meant something - I've shown you what being a Big 5 club counted for off the field at the time - nothing more in terms of clout than what Leeds Newcastle etc had

I have said more than Big 5 though, you have just ignored it.

We have historically been a big club, with a big fanbase, in London. Those things bring advantages that other clubs do not have. As we just saw with the ESL, that stuff matters when it comes to business.

Spurs were set up to be a big club before ENIC took over, they were a big club before ENIC took over. It wasn't ENIC coming in that made them a big club they already were there.

The reason I bring up the Big 5 is because when it came time to get a group of teams together than had the most power in the league Spurs were included. They weren't included because they are super nice guys, they were included because they had power and value to add.

You have yet to show what good things that ENIC did that other owners wouldn't or couldn't do, you have yet to show what makes them good owners. The best thing I have seen from you so far is to ignore the other big clubs around us at the time doing better and focus on a few other clubs that had bad owners and like I said being better than bad owners doesn't make you good.

So again do you think that ENIC did things that other owners couldn't for us? Do you think that if ENIC took over other clubs they would be part of the big 6 and we would be a middling club? Do you think it was ENIC that made us a big club?

We're going to be very happy to have our hipster stadium when someone who wants to run the club properly is in charge.

ENIC has set up the club for success under management that isn't them.
a hipster stadium where we get to pay £60 for the privilege of watching quality footballers like Dier, Doherty, Sissoko.

And never win anything.

Most expensive tickets in the country/Europe, and fuck all trophies in 20 years....Where do I sign?
dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF

If put ENIC in charge of Leicester at the time they took over they become a yo-yo club at best.

If you put Leicester owners in charge of us we probably win a champions league.

We were such a massive club but ENIC has somehow convinced fans that they are our saviours because of a blip in the 90s.

That seems like a massive stretch.

a hipster stadium where we get to pay £60 for the privilege of watching quality footballers like Dier, Doherty, Sissoko.

And never win anything.

Most expensive tickets in the country/Europe, and fuck all trophies in 20 years....Where do I sign?
dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF
Totally. The utter cynicism of the project is going to weigh it down more than people expect in the coming years.

But with investment and ambition on the pitch it's a money machine and a top venue and atmosphere to boot.

I think today shows him up for the inept prick he is. Whilst he constantly holds back and holds us back, Leicester go and win an FA Cup 5 years after a league title. Meaning they've won twice as much in 1/4 of the time and both trophies are bigger than anything we've won in 30 years.

Our fans often try to dismiss City and Chelsea as having no history. But our success is now so far back in history many of our fans wouldn't have been born when we were last one of the big clubs.
Let's be real, between 1991 and 2021 we ain't much better of than Wet Sham.
Sadly our glory period was between 1961 and 1984. Our greatest managers were Bill Nicholson and Keith Burkinshaw. Everything since has been fleeting moments of success, nothing more than that, nothing sustained and significant.

We've won 2 league cups. We've had no FA Cup finals, they had 1.
About the only bragging point is we haven't yo-yo'd between leagues

The bragging point is that we have played much better football, finished much higher up the table, had way more enjoyable moments watching the team.

For you people that think it is only about trophies and nothing else, watching football must be so awful.

I mean if you can honestly say that watching football under Poch was less enjoyable than the past two years because we won nothing in both cases, I am not sure what to say. To me it was so much more fun in those Poch years than it has been lately trophies or not.

Totally. The utter cynicism of the project is going to weigh it down more than people expect in the coming years.

But with investment and ambition on the pitch it's a money machine and a top venue and atmosphere to boot.
That's the hope. A successful team will draw in the crowds, paying premium rates and happily spending cash in the concourse.

If fans do that anyway there's no incentive for ENIC to do anything different.

Really? Look at what they've done with a championship club.

Imagine what they could have done with our revenue/fanbase.

Point stands, we were a huge club before ENIC. 1 blip of mediocrity in the 90s doesn't change that.

Yes really.

Winning a CL is a very difficult thing to do. Very few teams do it. I would love to hear all the changes they would have made to make us win a CL.

City for example have done about everything you would want a club to do and so far have zero CL's.

That's the hope. A successful team will draw in the crowds, paying premium rates and happily spending cash in the concourse.

If fans do that anyway there's no incentive for ENIC to do anything different.
What about if we have 20k rattling around via social distancing for the next three years?

Back
Top Bottom