Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you say Leicester are a comparible club?

In fact I'd say they're a much smaller and far, far less wealthy club.

They won their first FA cup today. We won 8 before ENIC even arrived and 0 since

If you had been following the discussion John you'd have seen we were discussing the growth off the field.

Leicester are showing us what can be achieved on the pitch when you have a good manager and a successful medium term plan off the field, something we need to address post-stadium move

What do you think big 5 means exactly and how do you think it translated in to a clubs financial power off the field?

Once again... Leeds,Everton, Aston Villa & Newcastle were all clubs with similar sized revenue to us at the time that Enic took over (all within a 5-10m range of one another) Chelsea, United, Woolwich & Liverpool were all close too but as we know got the CL money that took them way out in front (like literally doubled/trebled their revenue us and the others watched from the sidelines) since then we have caught up and drawn level with several of those CL clubs and in turn moved way ahead of those clubs that were once on a level with us.

You keep talking about what Spurs already had in place but all that we had in place amounted to us being on a level with the clubs i have previously mentioned, big 5 label or otherwise

What it meant that they were the 5 most powerful clubs in the PL and had the clout to make deals to benefit themselves over other teams.

You also still fail to answer my questions, ENIC did nothing that many other owners couldn't have also done, and many things the other owners would have done better. They didn't do anything that they could have done at other clubs and got the same results.

You keep harping on other clubs with poor owners to try and prop up ENIC. Them being better than shitty owners doesn't make them good.

Would you say Leicester are a comparible club?

In fact I'd say they're a much smaller and far, far less wealthy club.

They won their first FA cup today. We won 8 before ENIC even arrived and 0 since
Less wealthy? Levy has put in less than a fiver, their owners have lumped in 250M. We have a foundation of recenue but you or I could match Lewis and Levy’s investment bar the original 20M purchase of the club

What it meant that they were the 5 most powerful clubs in the PL and had the clout to make deals to benefit themselves over other teams.

You also still fail to answer my questions, ENIC did nothing that many other owners couldn't have also done, and many things the other owners would have done better. They didn't do anything that they could have done at other clubs and got the same results.

You keep harping on other clubs with poor owners to try and prop up ENIC. Them being better than shitty owners doesn't make them good.
U can’t ignore their non football decisions, they get a 7/10 for that

Im using comparable clubs and how they have fared off the field as a yardstick to compare our progress over the same period of time, if you don't understand the value in doing so and think by saying "other owners would have done better" repeatedly is any sort of response that counters my posts in any meaningful way then you're a bit of a dimwit

Im using comparable clubs and how they have fared off the field as a yardstick to compare our progress over the same period of time, if you don't understand the value in doing so and think by saying "other owners would have done better" is any sort of response that counters mine posts in any meaningful way then you're a bit of a dimwit

Comparable clubs only in your mind. Look at the clubs in the Big five they are comparable.

If you think ignoring facts to prop up ENIC is any sort of response than dimwit is likely a kind word for you.

1 fucking league cup in 20 years and little Leicester have won the league and the FA cup in that time. But, but, but we can't compete against the money-men, blah, blah, blah. Fuck off.

Comparable clubs only in your mind. Look at the clubs in the Big five they are comparable.

If you think ignoring facts to prop up ENIC is any sort of response than dimwit is likely a kind word for you.

You're the one ignoring facts mate, these clubs were comparable in terms of revenue (ie size) the very measure that we are discussing and you repeatedly ignore it in favour of a bloody Big 5 media label.

Show me one comparable club that has grown at a better rate off the field (that didn't catch the CL gravy train) and then you might have some argument as to whether different owners could have done better, but otherwise you have no grounds to say so.

You're the one ignoring facts mate, these clubs were comparable in terms of revenue (ie size) the very measure that we are discussing and you repeatedly ignore it in favour of a bloody Big 5 media label.

I am not ignoring it, I am pointing out what advantages we already had when they took over. I am pointing out that it was those things that led to where we are as a club as much as a few decisions that ENIC made.

Come up with all the excuses you want for them it doesn't change the facts. Its why you have to continually ignore facts and try to spin the discussion in other directions but the facts are against you.

Put countless owners in here instead of ENIC and we are still a big club today, like we have been for the majority of English football. Put ENIC in charge of Burnley and they are still a nothing burger in terms of the PL.

Anyone think Levy is having a sleepless night tonight thinking how he can build a football infrastructure to challenge Leicester and co? Me neither
I think he genuinely believes he's sitting on a better squad than Leicester and that he and Hitchen are smarter than the marketplace and will have massive success with the right manager.

It's not that he doesn't want to or care about winning. He wouldn't be so insanely impatient if that were the case. It's that he can't imagine the possibility he's ever wrong about anything, or that anyone could do any part of his absurdly overbroad job better than he can.

In a slight defense of Levy I will say that trophies were easier to win back then than they are now. But still we should have more and we should be one of the few teams that are competitive to win trophies now.
I think today shows him up for the inept prick he is. Whilst he constantly holds back and holds us back, Leicester go and win an FA Cup 5 years after a league title. Meaning they've won twice as much in 1/4 of the time and both trophies are bigger than anything we've won in 30 years.

Our fans often try to dismiss City and Chelsea as having no history. But our success is now so far back in history many of our fans wouldn't have been born when we were last one of the big clubs.
Let's be real, between 1991 and 2021 we ain't much better of than Wet Sham.

I am not ignoring it, I am pointing out what advantages we already had when they took over. I am pointing out that it was those things that led to where we are as a club as much as a few decisions that ENIC made.

Come up with all the excuses you want for them it doesn't change the facts. Its why you have to continually ignore facts and try to spin the discussion in other directions but the facts are against you.

Put countless owners in here instead of ENIC and we are still a big club today, like we have been for the majority of English football. Put ENIC in charge of Burnley and they are still a nothing burger in terms of the PL.

You haven't done anything other than say Big 5, Big 5, Big 5 as though it actually meant something - I've shown you what being a Big 5 club counted for off the field at the time - nothing more in terms of clout than what Leeds Newcastle etc had

If put ENIC in charge of Leicester at the time they took over they become a yo-yo club at best.

If you put Leicester owners in charge of us we probably win a champions league.

We were such a massive club but ENIC has somehow convinced fans that they are our saviours because of a blip in the 90s.

Simple fact of modern football is the clubs that benefited from the CL/Sky TV boom have by and large hoovered up all the trophies in the last 20 years, with Leicester today becoming the first team outside of that group to win more than solitary trophy. I'd wager that wasn't the shape of English football in the 20 years before Enics arrival
We should be looking at Leicester and asking ENIC how they have completely outdone us on sensible budgets. How have they got a PL title and an FA Cup and neither were flukes.
How have they come out of nowhere and become a breeding found for talent.

They didn't need to build a hipster stadium. Or the best training ground in the milky way. They got the players they needed without bitching and moaning about price. They knew they were in a good place after the title win and acted to maintain their momentum.

When has Levy EVER seen when we're on to a good thing and gone even half, let alone all in?

Back
Top Bottom