Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact we haven't won anything since 08 on the pitch isn't ENICs fault directly, not his fault Kane started the CL final, we have had many attempts, just the players fail to show up and lack of luck

With Levy having such a massive role in bringing players in how the hell is it not their fault?

And Kane playing in the final was the right choice, ridiculous to say it wasn't, but even if you say that Kane shouldn't have started the fact we had no viable back-up for him is again Levy's fault.

Two things happened today that Levy/ENIC should pay great attention too, the protest outside the Lane, and the FA cup final.....

Let them sink in Daniel, let both really sink in, and your answer to why fans are a little fucked off right now can be explained in just those two events....

The fact we haven't won anything since 08 on the pitch isn't ENICs fault directly, not his fault Kane started the CL final, we have had many attempts, just the players fail to show up and lack of luck

That's not answering my question

If the Super League had taken off do you think they would have actually shown ambition to win it?
Or do you think they would have just been happy to milk the profits safe in the knowledge that relegation would never be an issue?

I know what I think

Have another go

When Levy took over in 2000, we'd won the 99 League Cup, the 91 FA Cup, losing 87 FA Cup finalist, 84 Uefa Cup winner, 82 FA Cup Winner 81 FA Cup winner.
That's 20 years prior to Levy
In 20 years since Levy. 08 micky mouse winner. 1 trophy in 20 years Vs 5. And IIRC, we were unlucky not to win more in the 80s, fixture pile up cost us the title in 87?

Simple fact of modern football is the clubs that benefited from the CL/Sky TV boom have by and large hoovered up all the trophies in the last 20 years, with Leicester today becoming the first team outside of that group to win more than solitary trophy. I'd wager that wasn't the shape of English football in the 20 years before Enics arrival

Nothing that shows they done anything special, except that all the other comparable clubs fared much worse and no one done better...

Ok then

No look at the Big five at the start of the PL, only Everton has done worse and not much worse. The others have done better.

I just want to be clear that you are saying that other owners couldn't have done what ENIC did with Spurs? And that they could have done what they did at Spurs at other clubs as well?

It wasn't what Spurs already had in place that led to us being a big club now but ENIC that created that?

If the Super League had taken off do you think they would have actually shown ambition to win it?
Or do you think they would have just been happy to milk the profits safe in the knowledge that relegation would never be an issue?

I know what I think
Im not sure but we have enough to be competitive in the league but the results haven't turned out like they hoped

Nothing that shows they done anything special, except that all the other comparable clubs fared much worse and no one done better...

Ok then
Would you say Leicester are a comparible club?

In fact I'd say they're a much smaller and far, far less wealthy club.

They won their first FA cup today. We won 8 before ENIC even arrived and 0 since

Simple fact of modern football is the clubs that benefited from the CL/Sky TV boom have by and large hoovered up all the trophies in the last 20 years
That isn't true at all, during the period that you are (not inaccurately) pointing out that clubs like Woolwich and United got the jump on us commercially, City were in the third division.

The simple fact of modern football is that trophies have followed investment as sure as night has followed day.

With Levy having such a massive role in bringing players in how the hell is it not their fault?

And Kane playing in the final was the right choice, ridiculous to say it wasn't, but even if you say that Kane shouldn't have started the fact we had no viable back-up for him is again Levy's fault.
We were challenging for the league , in January he signed two washed up has beens , in fact 1 was a never was Saha and Nelson. Two free transfers of old men when challenging for the league

Let’s see them defend that

2015-16 Kane was our only recognised CF

2018 do nothing.

They have no interest in winning, just the team doing well enough to keep the money rolling in.

No look at the Big five at the start of the PL, only Everton has done worse and not much worse. The others have done better.

I just want to be clear that you are saying that other owners couldn't have done what ENIC did with Spurs? And that they could have done what they did at Spurs at other clubs as well?

It wasn't what Spurs already had in place that led to us being a big club now but ENIC that created that?

What do you think big 5 means exactly and how do you think it translated in to a clubs financial power off the field?

Once again... Leeds,Everton, Aston Villa & Newcastle were all clubs with similar sized revenue to us at the time that Enic took over (all within a 5-10m range of one another) Chelsea, United, Woolwich & Liverpool were all close too but as we know got the CL money that took them way out in front (like literally doubled/trebled their revenue whilst us and the others watched from the sidelines) since then we have caught up and drawn level with several of those CL clubs and in turn moved way ahead of those clubs that were once on a level with us.

You keep talking about what Spurs already had in place but all that we had in place amounted to us being on a level with the clubs i have previously mentioned, big 5 label or otherwise

Back
Top Bottom