Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As bad as levy is. He is not the figure head of a murderous regime, that is at its very core likely to want to devalue everything we hail as our (admittedly) flawed democracy. That Shity fans are happy to let this reality go for reflective glory is not to their credit. I’d take ENIC / Levy, hell even Sugar in a heart beat over Man shity’s owners.
Lewis, the tortoise faced old fuck, is equally despicable

Spot on

they’ve done so much for the club and the area and sometimes it’s the little things that make a difference

levy and Lewis are odious scumbags, fuck off
Having said that, the cost to the owners is the equivalent of a fiver to you or me. But at least they made the gesture.

So once again our debt is extremely manageable. Assuming similar terms and rates (they may even be lower), we are probably on the books for £50m a year to repay the stadium and the new scheme and other existing debt.

Also, since £250m was raised and the Bank of England loan was only £175m at 0.5% interest, that means we should have additional cash flow in the £70m range.

With live events coming back and full capacity expected for the new season, there is more than enough financial flexibility for significant transfers given that turnover should be in the £400m range.

Last edited:
So once again our debt is extremely manageable. Assuming similar terms and rates (they may even be lower), we are probably on the books for £50m a year to repay the stadium and the new scheme and other existing debt.

Also, since £250m was raised and the Bank of England loan was only £175m at 0.5% interest (rounded up is £1m in interest), that means we should have additional cash flow in the £75m range.

So once again, with live events coming back and full capacity expected for the new season, there is more than enough financial flexibility for significant transfers given that turnover should be in the £400m range.
If my memory serves me correctly the annual repayment of our refinanced loans was approx an average of £37m per year for the next on ave 25yrs.

With a full stadium and the other events (making it the highest revenue-generating stadium in Europe), the repayments are incredibly manageable.

The crux is whether we will see full stadia next season, I don't think we will.

That said, our wage to revenue is still one of the lowest in the League, in fact we are something like 60 odd clubs who's wage commitment is larger than ours, with our rivals spending +30% more, in some cases that's equates to about £30m more across a season. Swings and roundabouts.

That said, our wage to revenue is still one of the lowest in the League, in fact we are something like 60 odd clubs who's wage commitment is larger than ours, with our rivals spending +30% more, in some cases that's equates to about £30m more across a season.
It's disgusting aint it mate.

No wonder we go season after season watching other clubs lift all the silverware and other fans celebrating.

Clear as day our owners priorities lie elsewhere.

If my memory serves me correctly the annual repayment of our refinanced loans was approx an average of £37m per year for the next on ave 25yrs.

With a full stadium and the other events (making it the highest revenue-generating stadium in Europe), the repayments are incredibly manageable.

The crux is whether we will see full stadia next season, I don't think we will.

That said, our wage to revenue is still one of the lowest in the League, in fact we are something like 60 odd clubs who's wage commitment is larger than ours, with our rivals spending +30% more, in some cases that's equates to about £30m more across a season. Swings and roundabouts.
That £37m per year is just for the stadium refinance I believe. There is still some old debt from the training ground. Add in the additional £250m and that's where I estimated the £50m annually. Still, when you take into account naming rights and the increased revenue the stadium produces, the debt is entirely manageable and should have no real impact on football operations.

Spurs are on similar financial footing to Woolwich and just below Liverpool. Technically, we are very similar to Chelsea as well, but because of how that club is financed it isn't really a valid comparison.

Back
Top Bottom