Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a whole fucking thread with utter morons making excuses for them now.

Anyone who thinks we can take a moral high ground over City or Chelsea need to look at how many people will have suffered financially to make Lewis a billionaire.
They all have made people suffer. Now which one of the 3 has brought joy to more people.

I thought that the interview was pretty meaningless and obvious, but one thing was pretty interesting to me: I thought Levy looked absolutely battered and exhausted.

Levy should grow some balls and have a real interview with real questions with somebody who wants to dig and ask the questions the fans want answering, not pay some slime ball to lick his arse and ask questions that he(levy) has already rehearsed the answers for.
...and even then they had to cut it mercilessly, to paint him in the best possible light. I reckon he needs a DOE (Director of Editing) - first job, sack the bloke who chopped that video.

Levy wrote the questions and the answers - was fucking embarrassing listening to the fraud wriggle on camera
It's highly interesting - from a journalism point-of-view; that he's so uncomfortable in front of that camera, even without real criticising questions from a sceptic.

The way I see it he is a very pressured guy, without the answers to how he's going to bring this club forward and achieve success.

It's highly interesting - from a journalism point-of-view; that he's so uncomfortable in front of that camera, even without real criticising questions from a sceptic.

The way I see it he is a very pressured guy, without the answers to how he's going to bring this club forward and achieve success.

I think it is a combination of two factors.

1 we have an owner in Joe Lewis who invests basically nothing not even loans to cover against future income the stadium will generate making us live within very strict limits. On this I do have sympathy with Levy.

2 His decision making. Going for Jose a washed up out of date cheque book manager when we could have got Naglesmann (Ally Gold confirmed this) against the wishes of other board members. He is poor at strategy. Poch worked because he is a project manager, our finances mean only project managers are suitable. To go after Conte was just laughable. In this Levy brings failure on himself. He has had 20 years to learn that big names and cheque book managers with a club without a big cheque book is stupid.

He has had 20 years to learn that big names and cheque book managers with a club without a big cheque book is stupid.
But within these twenty years, he has seen Jose Mourinho grabbing trophies in front of his nose, while we were stuck with bad lasagne on final match day.
I think he thought he actually could get away with it, that Mourinho had some sort of magic charisma that would make a winning team in a blimp.
He put a lot of his pride and belief into the Mourinho 'project'. Now he clearly doesn't know what to do. Hope for the best with this italian guy...

But within these twenty years, he has seen Jose Mourinho grabbing trophies in front of his nose, while we were stuck with bad lasagne on final match day.
I think he thought he actually could get away with it, that Mourinho had some sort of magic charisma that would make a winning team in a blimp.
He put a lot of his pride and belief into the Mourinho 'project'. Now he clearly doesn't know what to do. Hope for the best with this italian guy...

I don’t disagree but even at the time I though you need to back this guy with £200m net spend every season, his football is also outdated and boring which will turn fans off, it just felt like he saw Hollywood with Jose and that was that. Really stupid decision. Hearing that Nagelsmann was the other option just made me feel worse.

I don’t think he is bad at finances or business, he is an accountant and that’s his gig but he isn’t a football man. The new DoF is a football man and should have complete control of that area.

I don’t disagree but even at the time I though you need to back this guy with £200m net spend every season, his football is also outdated and boring which will turn fans off, it just felt like he saw Hollywood with Jose and that was that. Really stupid decision. Hearing that Nagelsmann was the other option just made me feel worse.

I don’t think he is bad at finances or business, he is an accountant and that’s his gig but he isn’t a football man. The new DoF is a football man and should have complete control of that area.
How did he not become a football man after 20 years in the business, was he really that stuck in his head as an accountant.

How did he not become a football man after 20 years in the business, was he really that stuck in his head as an accountant.

I am not saying he doesn’t work in the football business and understand the finances but he is not a former player/coach, he doesn’t have football qualifications. Paratici is far more by contrast, he will understand different football philosophies, the nature of game, what it takes to build a team and support a manager. He was a player and a scout.

If I worked as finance director of a plumbing company wouldn’t make me a plumber or make me truly understand the job. Long as Levy does his role that’s fine but the building and oversight of the team should not fall under his area other than the finance elements.

Last edited:
If I worked as finance director of a plumbing company wouldn’t make me a plumber or make me truly understand the job. Long as Levy does his role that’s fine but the building and oversight of the team should not fall under his area other than the finance elements.
Bingo. He's (unfortunately) excellent at business, but at some point he thought that it meant he would be good at football.

He's done this to himself though. It'll be interesting to see if this continues when the stadium is open for everything at full capacity.

Back
Top Bottom