Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your post is saying Levy has done well out of Spurs. Is that your point and why you don't like him?

My point was he is clearly smart, and has done well, but I'd prefer a smart chairman to a stupid one. I linked to an article on Randy Learner who spent $100k a day on villa! He put in 300m of his own cash. Would you swap villas last 10 years for our last decade under Levy?
Stupid analogy
I would swap Chelsea’s , Man City Utd , Liverpoil . Leicester, Real Madrid , Barca, PSG, Juventus, Inter Milan Seville, , Lille , Villareal and Atletico Madrid

Stupid analogy
I would swap Chelsea’s , Man City Utd , Liverpoil . Leicester, Real Madrid , Barca, PSG, Juventus, Inter Milan Seville, , Lille , Villareal and Atletico Madrid

Lets put to one side you didn't understand the point*, it's interesting that from 1000s of football clubs, you ID 14 who you'd swap their success for ours. That is not many. Personally, I don't envy these sides as Spurs is something local that I inherited, and will pass on to my family. I am happy to be in for the ride and enjoy it for what it is. And its a whole lot more enjoyable than it was pre-levy when we were bang average.

*Furball outlined he didn't like Levy because he's been shrewd and successful. And lets be honest, Levy has made a lot of money from Spurs. Yet he's delivered a fair bit too. A fuck of lot more than an owner like Randy Leaner who put in hundreds of millions and gave the fans far less than Levy has. Having a smart shrewd Chairman is not a negative. I don't know what type of owner fans want? Is it an oil barron? Where is the joy in that? We're a happy medium - a well-run club who aspire to the top and aren't funded by money taken from Russia or Saudi Arabia.

I won't bother posting more on this and leave everyone to their ingrained beliefs but just caution people to be careful what you wish for. Your actions make a difference and set the tone for our club. For me support is just that- about supporting the club getting behind the whole family. Be it another Spurs supporter, the players or the management. If we weren't well run I'd have a different perspective, but we have advanced considerably over the last 20 years from a mid-table side and I can see a positive future. Hopefully post covid everyone's belief and outlook is lightened. It has been a tough time, on top of the Spurs reality post-Poch. There will always be blips and steps backwards along the way, and while mistakes have been made, the bigger direction of travel is positive, with forward-thinking management from these owners.

Last edited:
Lets put to one side you didn't understand the point*, it's interesting that from 1000s of football clubs, you ID 14 who you'd swap their success for ours. That is not many. Personally, I don't envy these sides as Spurs is something local that I inherited, and will pass on to my family. I am happy to be in for the ride and enjoy it for what it is. And its a whole lot more enjoyable than it was pre-levy when we were bang average.

*Furball outlined he didn't like Levy because he's been shrewd and successful. And lets be honest, Levy has made a lot of money from Spurs. Yet he's delivered a fair bit too. A fuck of lot more than an owner like Randy Leaner who put in hundreds of millions and gave the fans far less than Levy has. Having a smart shrewd Chairman is not a negative. I don't know what type of owner fans want? Is it an oil barron? Where is the joy in that? We're a happy medium - a well-run club who aspire to the top and aren't funded by money taken from Russia or Saudi Arabia.

I won't bother posting more on this and leave everyone to their ingrained beliefs but just caution people to be careful what you wish for. Your actions make a difference and set the tone for our club. For me support is just that- about supporting the club getting behind the whole family. Be it another Spurs supporter, the players or the management. If we weren't well run I'd have a different perspective, but we have advanced considerably over the last 20 years from a mid-table side and I can see a positive future. Hopefully post covid everyone's belief and outlook is lightened. It has been a tough time, on top of the Spurs reality post-Poch. There will always be blips and steps backwards along the way, and while mistakes have been made, the bigger direction of travel is positive, with forward-thinking management from these owners.
Don't ever post on this forum again

Honest to god there are ENIC plants on here aren't there?

As long as we have fans like Spurvacious Spurvacious , expect another of 20 long years of spreadsheet glory, , with a trophy cabinet gathering dust, and being the butt of every other big club's jokes.

Stockholm Syndrome personified. Manna from Heaven for Lewis and Levy

Yep. There has to be. How can anyone be content with what happened last season...
Must be Mourinho fault...but then who appointed him...they just dont get it
You could be content with a lot of things, but it’s the repetition of the same arguments that don’t sound like they come from a football supporter’s mouth.

The “we were shit before Levy” canard is bad enough, but real people believe that as demographically there are lots of people here whose formative years as fans were the mid 90’s

But how many new accounts have we seen make some version of the “there are 1000’s of clubs in the world, there aren’t many you’d rather support” line, which is not something any normal person would say?

Ha ha yes where's the fun in actually winning everything and having some of the best players in world football at your club over the last 20 years of so......
This is the problem with large sections of our support, they are happy to settle for second best and so we just stay second best

He's been hiding behind the Euro for weeks now

Tournament is over - do some fucking work now you bald fraud - sign some decent players and get rid of dead wood!

Absolute comedy post. The conclusion is the best.

That bullshit business managment lingo lines, of being on a journey , on "the way" with bumps and shit.

Fucking hell. These people are flat earthers. Do they even look at clubs around us?

Last edited:
The one that multiple international teams have been renting from us, adding to the money we can spend. Funny none of the other sides in London seem to be able to do this. I guess we would have done this anyway without Levy.
Oh thank fuck we could help the Italians get a good night's sleep.

Honestly football is such a piss take in general (for Spurs and England supporters)

Back
Top Bottom